Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Chris Broussard said about Toronto OMG !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Chris Broussard said about Toronto OMG !!

"Great city, but it's not America. And you feel it when you're there, I'm telling you. Especially as an African American. It's a different situation than African Americans are used to being in," Broussard said.

Chris Broussard makes outrageous claims about Toronto (yahoo.com)

guyroch wrote: View Post
    "Great city, but it's not America. And you feel it when you're there, I'm telling you. Especially as an African American. It's a different situation than African Americans are used to being in," Broussard said.

Chris Broussard makes outrageous claims about Toronto (yahoo.com)
    Yes you feel it cause there isn't a massive shooting going on every month .

Comment

I feel sorry for Americans. Their once admired way-of-life is imploding, in part, because of their self-absorbed, myopic & ignorant world-views. Some, like Broussard, don't even have a world-view, or even care to have one or think it's necessary because they still believe they are the best. We are watching the fall of the modern Roman Empire, in real-time. Pride goeth before the fall.

Regarding Toronto & Canada... Dwane Casey said it best:

Thank you for teaching our all-American family the Canadian way. That being polite and considerate to one another is always the best way. That diversity is something to be embraced and celebrated. That taking the time to learn about each other’s cultures is the surest way to find common ground and understanding. Thank you for making our children feel safe, valued, and comfortable in their own skin. We cannot express how important it has been to build the foundations of who our children are as human beings in a country that shows through its words, actions and laws that all people deserve basic human rights, and a chance to reach their goals through education and hard work.
      https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...thank-you.html

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        I feel sorry for Americans. Their once admired way-of-life is imploding, in part, because of their self-absorbed, myopic & ignorant world-views. Some, like Broussard, don't even have a world-view, or even care to have one or think it's necessary because they still believe they are the best. We are watching the fall of the modern Roman Empire, in real-time. Pride goeth before the fall.

Regarding Toronto & Canada... Dwane Casey said it best:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...thank-you.html
        While i agree with alot of this, I have to say home is where the heart is. So yeah it would be uncomfortable if anyone MOVED to a new country. Never totally the same.
        But can we really say this is moving? 3-4 years? Less in other cases. Remembering they are only hours away from home? They can easily fly out for a visit. Summertime too. Very few lay roots here.
        So while uncomfortable at times, not the same.

I have alot of Afro-American friends who come up to visit regularly too. Love it. Say similar things- safe, friendly, clean, iot of interracial couples/friendships. But to live, no.

This has all blow-up media written all over it though. Exaggerated.

Comment

Its normal for Americans to feel not as comfortable in a different country, but I don't see the point of saying "especially African-Americans" like Broussard did.

Comment

Broussard has put his foot in his mouth a lot through out the years. This one just hits home. I'm glad there are a lot of guys coming to the defense of Toronto though. It's not really necessary though as I think most people have realized Broussard is an idiot.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Da Cool Rula wrote: View Post

While i agree with alot of this, I have to say home is where the heart is. So yeah it would be uncomfortable if anyone MOVED to a new country. Never totally the same.
                But can we really say this is moving? 3-4 years? Less in other cases. Remembering they are only hours away from home? They can easily fly out for a visit. Summertime too. Very few lay roots here.
                So while uncomfortable at times, not the same.

I have alot of Afro-American friends who come up to visit regularly too. Love it. Say similar things- safe, friendly, clean, iot of interracial couples/friendships. But to live, no.

This has all blow-up media written all over it though. Exaggerated.
                KD is from Prince George County in Maryland. He's played in Seattle, San Fran, NYC, and Timbuktu (aka OKC)... where he spent most of his career. You could not pick 4 different cities to live and adjust too, compared to each other and his "home".

And nobody said boo about KD missing the creature comforts of home when he played in those places.

But let's face it... most of these guys aren't actually "living" in their NBA cities and putting down permanent roots for life. They are on the road half the time. They have houses all over the country. They are transient residents and are just enjoying their NBA cities as a temporary stop. Toronto is a lot closer to NYC than pretty much any other NBA city, and NYC is a city that KD chose for multiple reasons.

Yes, the perception that Toronto/Canada is "different" is definitely out there with NBA players. No question about it. But that perception is based on ignorance which is quickly erased by every player who ever experiences the city first hand. It's a non-issue once the player is here. This isn't a FA signing... it's a trade scenario, where the player might not be able to choose his destination, which is why Broussard's comments don't hold water here.

Comment

One or few other’s opinion does not represent the majority ffs.

now we are generalizing that All Americans are like Chris the idiot Broussard, and the Roman empire is collapsing because of these few retards….lol.

Like Broussard, i suggest people should go out more and experience places out of your comfort zone

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                    One or few other’s opinion does not represent the majority ffs.

now we are generalizing that All Americans are like Chris the idiot Broussard, and the Roman empire is collapsing because of these few retards….lol.

Like Broussard, i suggest people should go out more and experience places out of your comfort zone
                    Your avatar represents 50% of Americans and that doesn't even include Broussard, likely. You don't think that's a sign of the empire collapsing?

Comment

Your avatar represents 50% of Americans and that doesn't even include Broussard, likely. You don't think that's a sign of the empire collapsing?
                      True that it brought out the “evils” of some people because of one man. But that is the extreme population of the country. Yes, 73.6 million of Americans have different ideology/ politics and beliefs that you and I but it does not mean they are just plain stupid and ignorant. There are still goodness in people. So Rome is not collapsing. Lol

Comment

KD is from Prince George County in Maryland. He's played in Seattle, San Fran, NYC, and Timbuktu (aka OKC)... where he spent most of his career. You could not pick 4 different cities to live and adjust too, compared to each other and his "home".

And nobody said boo about KD missing the creature comforts of home when he played in those places.

But let's face it... most of these guys aren't actually "living" in their NBA cities and putting down permanent roots for life. They are on the road half the time. They have houses all over the country. They are transient residents and are just enjoying their NBA cities as a temporary stop. Toronto is a lot closer to NYC than pretty much any other NBA city, and NYC is a city that KD chose for multiple reasons.

Yes, the perception that Toronto/Canada is "different" is definitely out there with NBA players. No question about it. But that perception is based on ignorance which is quickly erased by every player who ever experiences the city first hand. It's a non-issue once the player is here. This isn't a FA signing... it's a trade scenario, where the player might not be able to choose his destination, which is why Broussard's comments don't hold water here.

Yep, Ignorance by some.
                        Last edited by Da Cool Rula; Tue Jul 5, 2022, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Does he actually think that Toronto is a more uncomfortable place for African Americans than half of the US NBA cities?

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                            RHJ comment is so true though. Canadians love & embrace you.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Does he actually think that Toronto is a more uncomfortable place for African Americans than half of the US NBA cities?
                              Facts.

Again Broussard did his job. He got us talking about him.

Comment

Working...
                              X