X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    What's the chances of Juancho making the team? because there's a lot of players on this current roster right now that aren't making this team. Like, Gabe Brown isn't making this team. Armoni Brooks isn't making this team. DJ Wilson isn't making this team. Josh Jackson, Dowtin, I dunno.
    The chances of Juancho making the team are very good. He has more guaranteed money than the other guys, more nba experience, better nba numbers, plus just crushed it International play.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    What's the chances of Juancho making the team? because there's a lot of players on this current roster right now that aren't making this team. Like, Gabe Brown isn't making this team. Armoni Brooks isn't making this team. DJ Wilson isn't making this team. Josh Jackson, Dowtin, I dunno.
    Gabe is going to the G-league (he's signing an exhibit 10 contract which is basically a G-league contract).

Brooks is no longer with the team (we waived him). Wilson has a partial guarantee and will likely be waived. Josh Jackson's contract is completely non-guaranteed. So he might get waived too. These two will be competing with Jauncho for the final roster spot.

Dowtin signed a 2-way deal. They can still cut him, but he's likely staying put.

The wildcard in my opinion is Harper Jr. He signed the other 2-way deal already. But I think they should cut him and then give someone else like Champagnie or Banton the other 2-way.

A 2-way contract can't play in the playoffs and can only play in 50 games. The rest of the time they are in the G-league. Also only guys with less than 4 years of experience can get a 2-way. Josh has played 5 so is not eligible.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Not really though. Willy (his brother) lead his team. Juan played great in the final game though.
    And ex-Raptor great, LorenZo Brown. Sergio Scariolo was/is the real MVP. FIBA GOAT coach.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post
    Bo led his team to the championship.
    In a tournament where Jokic, Giannis, Luka, et al played.

Let that sink in for a bit.

Not really though. Willy (his brother) lead his team. Juan played great in the final game though.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Bo led his team to the championship.
    In a tournament where Jokic, Giannis, Luka, et al played.

Let that sink in for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Can we firmly pencil this guy in for a spot already?

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Can we firmly pencil this guy in for a spot already?

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Could he be the 2nd or 3rd best distance shooter on the team? Gotta think there'll be some minutes for him if he is, as long as he can be a defensive veteran for Nurse as well.
    I still think FVV, Gary and OG will be our best shooters, but Juancho and Porter should follow after that. Much of the offense will likely run through Siakam and Barnes so there will be a lot of open looks for everyone in a drive and kick-out type of offense.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Could he be the 2nd or 3rd best distance shooter on the team? Gotta think there'll be some minutes for him if he is, as long as he can be a defensive veteran for Nurse as well.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

The Raptors love them Spaniards
    I am sure Jose Calderon still has a place in downtown Toronto where he housed M. Gasol while he was here and Juancho is going to get it too.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Masai loves winners.

The Raptors love them Spaniards

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Masai loves winners.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha