• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    He finished with 27 points 5 boards 2 steals. 9/11 form the field (7/9 from 3). He was a plus 15 and had a 30 EFF.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Juancho having a nice first half in the Euro finals. 2 min to go he is at 18 points on 6/7 from 3 with a rebound and steal in under 10 minutes of playing time off the bench.
    https://www.fiba.basketball/eurobask...e#tab=boxscore

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post

That last training camp spot is going to be used for a number of Exhibit 10 guys to get signed and cut, to fill up Raps 905
    Probably Jalen Harris.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Unless Champagnie really has a weak camp upon his return fron injury than that's the likely way its going to go.

Other things to consider: DJ Wilson might have a really good camp which could put Juancho on the outside if he didn't look particularly good.

There is one more camp spot open that could change things pending another invite.
    That last training camp spot is going to be used for a number of Exhibit 10 guys to get signed and cut, to fill up Raps 905

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Let’s try to remember all this great depth when Nurse is down to trusting only 6-7 guys to win regular season games in January.
    Barring major injuries to several guys this is not gonna happen. We were 9 deep in the playoffs. We added Otto onto those 9 so we're 10 deep of guys Nurse already trusts to play.

So even if Banton, Champagnie, Koloko, Juancho, Flynn get zero minutes we're still 10 deep, and I'd expect a few of these guys to earn minutes too.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

He looks like what we wanted Yuta to be.

Seems like he will be able to compete with Banton and Boucher for the 9-10 spots.

Our depth is actually looking pretty good.
    Let’s try to remember all this great depth when Nurse is down to trusting only 6-7 guys to win regular season games in January.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    I'm not holding my breath, but it wasn't so long ago (Raps championship year) when he was posting solid rotation player numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

Pretty quick release, no hesitation when he gets an open look. Form looks fine. He cuts when there is a path to the basket. Can dribble and reset when necessary. Could be a good fit. No defensive highlights, but 6'9".
    He looks like what we wanted Yuta to be.

Seems like he will be able to compete with Banton and Boucher for the 9-10 spots.

Our depth is actually looking pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    The guaranteed deal pretty much seals his fate IMO. He's a vet now, but I don't think the Raptors would give away guaranteed money just to cut him later. I hope Champagnie is a lock but he's got that thumb fracture - who knows if he can even play by camp.

If we keep Champagnie then we have to cut/trade Svi. But yeah, strong odds now that Bo Cruz will be a Raptor next season.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied

Yeah only 1 guy is probably going to be waived out of fully guaranteed deal and they gave Juancho that deal cause they were pretty confident he wasn't going to be that guy.

Wilson is at the exact situation as Brooks was: smallest deal on the books ($250K) and was kinda of a mix bag (The good and the bad) of summer league performances. He is the likeliest to be waived.

When you are at the end of the bench, you are likely to see your name called more if you can bring a high level of energy, hustle, 3&D type of skill to the table. This is why Yuta was here for 2 seasons but his constant injuries and streaky shooting after coming back were his downfall. Although Juancho can at times be streaky shooter as well at least he is able to be more of a physical presence than Yuta was and fits into their defensive schemes better (7ft wingspan) which is why for the Raptors he will be more valuable.

Some highlights in Utah that the Raptors probably liked for Juancho to hopefully be able to duplicate on the Raptors:

Pretty quick release, no hesitation when he gets an open look. Form looks fine. He cuts when there is a path to the basket. Can dribble and reset when necessary. Could be a good fit. No defensive highlights, but 6'9".

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

I think Wilson is destined for G League or another team may snap him up.

It would be bad financial management to have to cut 2 fully guaranteed guys in Svi and Juancho. Doesn't seem like something we would do.

I think Juancho signed with us because we said you're guaranteed to be on the team (hence his deal being fully guanateed). He's been in the league since 2016 he's not the kind of guy that needs to win a spot at training camp. There's enough tape to know what he can do and he's not coming off injury.
    Yeah only 1 guy is probably going to be waived out of fully guaranteed deal and they gave Juancho that deal cause they were pretty confident he wasn't going to be that guy.

Wilson is at the exact situation as Brooks was: smallest deal on the books ($250K) and was kinda of a mix bag (The good and the bad) of summer league performances. He is the likeliest to be waived.

When you are at the end of the bench, you are likely to see your name called more if you can bring a high level of energy, hustle, 3&D type of skill to the table. This is why Yuta was here for 2 seasons but his constant injuries and streaky shooting after coming back were his downfall. Although Juancho can at times be streaky shooter as well at least he is able to be more of a physical presence than Yuta was and fits into their defensive schemes better (7ft wingspan) which is why for the Raptors he will be more valuable.

Some highlights in Utah that the Raptors probably liked for Juancho to hopefully be able to duplicate on the Raptors:

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Unless Champagnie really has a weak camp upon his return fron injury than that's the likely way its going to go.

Other things to consider: DJ Wilson might have a really good camp which could put Juancho on the outside if he didn't look particularly good.

There is one more camp spot open that could change things pending another invite.
    I think Wilson is destined for G League or another team may snap him up.

It would be bad financial management to have to cut 2 fully guaranteed guys in Svi and Juancho. Doesn't seem like something we would do.

I think Juancho signed with us because we said you're guaranteed to be on the team (hence his deal being fully guanateed). He's been in the league since 2016 he's not the kind of guy that needs to win a spot at training camp. There's enough tape to know what he can do and he's not coming off injury.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

That seems the most likely outcome to me. Would be weird to let go of Banton or Champagnie so Svi has to be cut.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Looking more from a financial stand point that it will probably be DJ Wilson who will be squeezed out along with Svi fully guaranteed salary.
    That seems the most likely outcome to me. Would be weird to let go of Banton or Champagnie so Svi has to be cut.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X