Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bench Beauties

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

    That's silly. Bring our reigning all star of th3 bench... but I do want Nick to really work on cutting Fred's minutes down. He ran him into the ground last year, since we didn't get a backup PG likely mean more Scottie running 2nd units
    In reality though and knowing Nick Nurse, that will not happen BUT ideally that should be the case.

    It would be Nice for a change that we start the first quarter ahead of teams, playing in mud because VanVleet is initiating the offense, grinding out basketball and relying on where the hot potato get pass to with 4 seconds left or just standing around while VanVleet hurl a Hail Mary is more of a “silly” basketball.

    Thanks for agreeing though that his minutes should go down and not lead the entire NBA in floor time ffs
    #TradeVanVleet

    Comment


    • #32
      The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

      What this team would need this upcoming season is for Nick Nurse to limit the minutes of VanVleet. Enough of this #igotus mentality because he is not that guy. Bring down that FGA from 16.9 to 14. Him taking the ball down the court, initiating the offense and passing a hot potato with four seconds remaining in the shot clock is cringeworthy. One more thing, by now he should realize of his physical limitations and his inability to drive the ball to the basket amongst trees because 3 out of 4 times, he will get smothered. Living and dying with his Hail Mary’s is stupid Basketball.

      Design more plays for Barnes (PnR/ PnP and Post up Plays), make him as the secondary offensive option behind Siakam.
      Scottie’s fga should increase from 12.6 to at least 15.

      In an ideal world:
      Barnes
      GTJ
      OG
      Siakam
      Precious

      VanVleet - 6th man
      Fred coming off the bench is a drastic demotion.
      I'm fine with him being the full time SG first,
      have Pascal and Scottie initiate.

      Gary should be the 6th man.

      Comment


      • #33
        In no universe is it ideal to be starting Gary and have Fred off the bench. If we had 5, or at least like 3 or 4, guys better than Fred, sure, bring him off the bench. We might have two, IF Scottie makes a huge leap.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • #34
          Kagemusha wrote: View Post

          Fred coming off the bench is a drastic demotion.
          I'm fine with him being the full time SG first,
          have Pascal and Scottie initiate.

          Gary should be the 6th man.
          I'm so proud of you all(well most of you anyway). You guys are starting to see the light.
          Mamba Mentality

          Comment


          • #35
            Where is Thad going to get his minutes now that we have Porter Jr., since he's already behind OG, Siakam, Boucher and Porter at 3/4?

            Comment


            • #36
              Quirk wrote: View Post
              Where is Thad going to get his minutes now that we have Porter Jr., since he's already behind OG, Siakam, Boucher and Porter at 3/4?
              Considering this team plays about 140 minutes of 3/4's, there is room.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • #37
                Kagemusha wrote: View Post

                Fred coming off the bench is a drastic demotion.
                I'm fine with him being the full time SG first,
                have Pascal and Scottie initiate.

                Gary should be the 6th man.
                Nah the word demotion is overrated, he was a proven commodity who once thrived well in that role.

                We dont know yet about Trent
                #TradeVanVleet

                Comment


                • #38
                  The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                  Nah the word demotion is overrated, he was a proven commodity who once thrived well in that role.

                  We dont know yet about Trent
                  Guess we better find out then, because we aren't going to bench the guy who was an all star last year.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                    In reality though and knowing Nick Nurse, that will not happen BUT ideally that should be the case.


                    DanH wrote: View Post

                    Guess we better find out then, because we aren't going to bench the guy who was an all star last year.
                    Maybe once again you and your minions nitpicking and didnt read part of the post.

                    You can’t help it though
                    #TradeVanVleet

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Quirk wrote: View Post
                      Where is Thad going to get his minutes now that we have Porter Jr., since he's already behind OG, Siakam, Boucher and Porter at 3/4?
                      I think it's at the expense of Birch. I liked what I saw enough out of the Thad boucher pairing and hope the coaching staff did too, that should be our bench front court.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        Maybe once again you and your minions nitpicking and didnt read part of the post.

                        You can’t help it though
                        Oh, I read the post.

                        You think, honestly, that the team would be better off putting Trent up against opposing starters and depressing Fred's defensive value by having him play against bench players?

                        I want to be clear here - I'm not nitpicking. This is not a nit. It's an absolutely terrible idea. Not something small, a huge, terrible idea.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          It's just been one off season, but I'm way more optimistic about how our bench units will do this year. Not expecting the same success those Lowry powered bench units used to have but we've got some nice veteran talent to play along side the young guys. I'd like to see how a line of Fred, Flynn, OPJ, Thad and Koloko/Boucher does this season. Flynn's summer highlights look like he's made a move from PG to SG and if his shot start dropping consistently it could be a dynamite line for the Raps.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            It's just been one off season, but I'm way more optimistic about how our bench units will do this year. Not expecting the same success those Lowry powered bench units used to have but we've got some nice veteran talent to play along side the young guys. I'd like to see how a line of Fred, Flynn, OPJ, Thad and Koloko/Boucher does this season. Flynn's summer highlights look like he's made a move from PG to SG and if his shot start dropping consistently it could be a dynamite line for the Raps.
                            I do think our depth has improved too. Porter was a big get. We'll have Thad all season, plus I hope Boucher learned his lessons from last year and plays to his strengths all year. If Gary gets to be a 6th man that's a big plus too as it gives that unit a sparkplug in scoring/shooting.

                            But if Flynn, Banton, and Dowtin underwhelm then I think we're going to struggle when Fred has to sit out. Our guard depth is still pretty shaky. Scottie and Pascal are great at what they do, but having a legit guard out there gives the team a different look.

                            Let's hope Malachi has improved like you said.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                              Nah the word demotion is overrated, he was a proven commodity who once thrived well in that role.

                              We dont know yet about Trent
                              From an all star to the bench.
                              If that's not demotion, i don't know what is.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                DanH wrote: View Post

                                Oh, I read the post.

                                You think, honestly, that the team would be better off putting Trent up against opposing starters and depressing Fred's defensive value by having him play against bench players?

                                I want to be clear here - I'm not nitpicking. This is not a nit. It's an absolutely terrible idea. Not something small, a huge, terrible idea.
                                i totally disagree
                                #TradeVanVleet

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X