No announcement yet.

Everything Bench Beauties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In an ideal world and this format worked well for the Raptors during their Championship year, Van Vleet should be the 6th man. Ideal microwave scorer off the bench.

If He refused than he is a great asset to be traded at the deadline.

Let Scottie and Siakam do the work.

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      In an ideal world and this format worked well for the Raptors during their Championship year, Van Vleet should be the 6th man. Ideal microwave scorer off the bench.

If He refused than he is a great asset to be traded at the deadline.

Let Scottie and Siakam do the work.
      so one of your situational line ups would be fred off the bench to go along with...

are you putting him with koloko?

I want to assume you'd have thad, and likely boucher? and Otto?

Between Koloko, Thad and Boucher if you had to take ONE who are the two you take out.

Or if its precious on the bench who are the two you leave in?

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        What's wrong with macho-aggressive? It's an NBA team not the cheer squad
        How about Bench Battalion.

Or bench jam it down your pie holers?
        Beauties is a negative connotation as well, it implies physical appearance matters. It doesn't. Physical appearance is judgey. I'd prefer we just start calling nose, ears, eyes as things "bodily tools", its rude to those who maybe not have a nose or an ear
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Hard to judge the bench until we know what it is.

If it's Precious, Boucher, Thad, Otto and Flynn/Banton, that's a pretty unbalanced group, though solidly better than the start of last year just in terms of number of quality players.

If it's Gary, Boucher, Thad, Otto and Flynn/Banton, that's a very nice bench group with a very nice mix of skillsets.
          I'd like to see Gary as 6th man

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i'd stick with as many long boys as possible and swap flynn with thad

but that is an interesting line up
            We need shooting.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bench Battalion is pretty dope. Battalion, what a great word.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

We need shooting.
                Do we? Only if Scottie and Pascal haven't leveled up a from behind the arc. Because OG is going to be hunting down shots, and Fred is one of the best distance shooters...of all time?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Do we? Only if Scottie and Pascal haven't leveled up a from behind the arc. Because OG is going to be hunting down shots, and Fred is one of the best distance shooters...of all time?
                  I was talking about 4 bench players + 1 starter combinations.

Boucher
                  Scottie or Pascal
                  Porter
                  Trent
                  Flynn

Mamba Mentality

Comment

More like Bench Trash Buckets..
                    Raptors bench is not that good.
                    A lot ppl here are biased, bc we're raptor fans.. our bench still needs a lot work..
                    Still waiting for credible starting center and some bench help..if u say Achiuwa..love the kid..but common..do u want 2 compete for championship or just get in and get out of first rd of the playoffs.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I'm okay with OG coming off the bench too. Although I'd prefer Gary. Usually those microwave scorers that can get hot at any time are best to come off the bench. But OG leading a bench unit isn't a bad idea.. especially if wants an uptick in usage.

Scottie wasn't a great defender last year though and that hopefully changes this season. Either way defensively I like the idea of having OG and Pascal cover the tougher assignments - even though we switch a lot. So that's why I'd prefer to have OG start.. but I'm not married to it.
                      It's also a matter of leveraging skillsets. Defence is most valuable against opposing starters, so OG's value is being degraded coming off the bench. Our bench in particular is desperate for shooting and scoring, so Trent's value will be exaggerated (while his defensive weaknesses can be papered over more easily against lesser opposition).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

I was talking about 4 bench players + 1 starter combinations.

Boucher
                        Scottie or Pascal
                        Porter
                        Trent
                        Flynn

Even if we go bigger, with Thad out there instead of Flynn, with Pascal or Scottie doing the ball creation, having both Otto and Gary there as floor spacers is a wild improvement from last season's bench group.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          More like Bench Trash Buckets..
                          Raptors bench is not that good.
                          A lot ppl here are biased, bc we're raptor fans.. our bench still needs a lot work..
                          Still waiting for credible starting center and some bench help..if u say Achiuwa..love the kid..but common..do u want 2 compete for championship or just get in and get out of first rd of the playoffs.
                          We need a legit superstar to be able to compete for a championship.
                          Not just a starting center, or some bench help.

Comment

I notice in Rico Hines they fielded Pascal with Koloko, Precious, Champagnie and Banton.

I didn't recognize everyone on the all-Raptors team they were facing: it included Boucher, who seemed to give Koloko more troubles to defend against than most. Lots of new faces to get to know.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

We need a legit superstar to be able to compete for a championship.
                              Not just a starting center, or some bench help.
                              What this team would need this upcoming season is for Nick Nurse to limit the minutes of VanVleet. Enough of this #igotus mentality because he is not that guy. Bring down that FGA from 16.9 to 14. Him taking the ball down the court, initiating the offense and passing a hot potato with four seconds remaining in the shot clock is cringeworthy. One more thing, by now he should realize of his physical limitations and his inability to drive the ball to the basket amongst trees because 3 out of 4 times, he will get smothered. Living and dying with his Hail Mary’s is stupid Basketball.

Design more plays for Barnes (PnR/ PnP and Post up Plays), make him as the secondary offensive option behind Siakam.
                              Scottie’s fga should increase from 12.6 to at least 15.

In an ideal world:
                              Barnes
                              GTJ
                              OG
                              Siakam
                              Precious

VanVleet - 6th man

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

What this team would need this upcoming season is for Nick Nurse to limit the minutes of VanVleet. Enough of this #igotus mentality because he is not that guy. Bring down that FGA from 16.9 to 14. Him taking the ball down the court, initiating the offense and passing a hot potato with four seconds remaining in the shot clock is cringeworthy. One more thing, by now he should realize of his physical limitations and his inability to drive the ball to the basket amongst trees because 3 out of 4 times, he will get smothered. Living and dying with his Hail Mary’s is stupid Basketball.

Design more plays for Barnes (PnR/ PnP and Post up Plays), make him as the secondary offensive option behind Siakam.
                                Scottie’s fga should increase from 12.6 to at least 15.

In an ideal world:
                                Barnes
                                GTJ
                                OG
                                Siakam
                                Precious

VanVleet - 6th man
                                That's silly. Bring our reigning all star of th3 bench... but I do want Nick to really work on cutting Fred's minutes down. He ran him into the ground last year, since we didn't get a backup PG likely mean more Scottie running 2nd units
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X