Everything Bench Beauties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

There are terrible ball handlers and then there are terrible ball handlers that Nick trusts. He doesn't trust Flynn. He was relegated to the G-league when he was healthy. Not quite sure on Banton. Let's see if that changes this year or not.

He played Armoni Brooks quite a bit down the stretch. And he played him over Flynn who was our own first round pick.

As for the depth I think that's a tad overrated considering neither Thad or Porter are going to help reduce our play makers minutes. Siakam was back in the fold by game 20.

Fred still averaged about 37.8mpg from games 20 through to game 40 before he got hurt himself. Why play so much if Pascal is back and healthy? Scottie was also playing those games (he missed may 3 games in that stretch). And that's not including the 53mpg game against Miami that went into 3OT.
    We didn't establish Scottie as that third guy to run the offence until the second half of the year.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• EvanPiters wrote:
      A bench is a useful, versatile, and beautiful addition to the landscape of every yard. What can be more pleasant in the evening than to sit down for at least 5 minutes, breathe the fresh air, and admire the flower beds.
      Ha. That's some first post!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Ha. That's some first post!
        I think they made that same first post a week ago...

..... The AI is working towards becoming sentient...

(....Not you A.I ... you're already impressively sentient.)

Comment

• EvanPiters wrote:
          A bench is a useful, versatile, and beautiful addition to the landscape of every yard.
          Thanks for coming out ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Thanks for coming out ....
            For my part, I hope this bot sticks around. It has potential.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Didn't know that Kawhi worked for Toyota.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Toyota Watanabe, the shooter that we desperately need.
                Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Oct 4, 2022, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Almost feels like Nurse is building a case for Trent to come off the bench. Will that unit continue to start and struggle to score in spite of being our offense-forward lineup?

Comment

• Nice to see Birch making his case for the rotation. Adds more pressure to start one of the centres.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Almost feels like Nurse is building a case for Trent to come off the bench. Will that unit continue to start and struggle to score in spite of being our offense-forward lineup?
                      Not just struggling to score, also not defending very well. I'd love to see Nurse try starting Precious to mix things up.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Not just struggling to score, also not defending very well. I'd love to see Nurse try starting Precious to mix things up.
                        Otto when healthy.

I agree trent was targeted in the boston game by tatum. His offense is interesting because he struggles to get to the hoop so he takes these crazy off balance fadeaways... makes them with decent efficiencies so far but that isn't reliable.
                        Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sat Oct 8, 2022, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Otto when healthy.

I agree trent was targeted in the boston game by tatum. His offense is interesting because he struggles to get to the hoop so he takes these crazy off balance fadeaways... makes them with decent efficiencies so far but that isn't reliable.
                          He takes a lot of off balance shots, he takes a lot of dumb shots, he's a poor finisher, he doesn't get to the line, he's a bad defender. I'm glad you guys are starting to see it.

I don't know what the starting lineup would look like but again I've been sayin this since last year -- I'd like to see Precious as a starter, hell I'm fine with Koloko too.

If they really want to play small ball, then start Porter over Trent.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Otto when healthy.

Another biased take. Lol
                            Fadeways are his shot, ie that's his natural shooting form.
                            As long as he 'takes them with decent efficiences' then what's the problem?

Comment

• Yeah the pull-up midrange is a critical shot to have in your bag, especially in the clutch and playoffs. I just don’t know we need it in the starting lineup when we should be milking OG’s mismatch.

I am suddenly seeing why some are concerned about 3-point shooting up and down the lineup, but if Trent isnt remedying that as a starter…
                              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sun Oct 9, 2022, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• Interesting that Nurse leapfrogged Precious with Koloko in the last one. Definitely seems that Nick wants him to master being that aggressive bench spark plug, for the time being…

Comment

Working...
                                X