Everything Bench Beauties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't see a situation where we play 5 bench players at once unless its a blow out or a few starters are sitting/hurt. If Koloko plays next to Precious it would be with at least 2 or 3 other starters.

And in my opinion Boucher is still our best glue player. And he should get more minutes than anyone off the bench, including Precious. He can fit with any lineup and his lineup stats from last year confirm that. The only two-man lineup with Boucher that had a negative net rating last year were with Flynn and with Svi. Every other combination was positive.

Playing 1 or 2 starters with the bench is a perfectly viable approach. 3 you aren't buying a lot of rest.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Precious and Boucher off the bench = I'm not seeing any significant minutes for Koloko or Birch.
      The depth is weird but the front office likes it that way. I could see Boucher being a "SF" in some line ups.

Koloko, Precious and Boucher could play together as long as there is a guy that can handle the ball (like Scottie, Fred, Pascal, Malachi or Dalano) and/or a shooter (Fred, Gary, Otto or OG) that plays with them.

It may not work, but it could be fun to watch.. at least defensively.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I guess Koloko would be playing beside Precious a lot if Precious isn't starting? Not sure I love that as a fair shot for him...

Bench would be Koloko, Precious, Boucher, Thad, Banton?

Between starting small and creating a completely imbalanced bench, will not be surprised if we see a slow start out of the gate in spite of the inherent advantage of bringing most of the team back. Part of that advantage is supposed to be that you can learn from your previous year's mistakes and not repeat them, but oh well.

That said, maybe Otto is back and at least his shooting helps out, though you still need to find minutes for guys like Boucher.
        Perhaps we shouldn’t anticipate seeing minutes for Otto or Boucher in the immediate future from the sounds of this…

Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Thu Oct 13, 2022, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Well if preseason is an indicator of anything it looks like the starting role will go to Trent over Precious, and will be Trent's spot to lose. It should be our best unit on offense.

We're going to see some funky line up's off the bench this season until Nurse finds a combination that works.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Perhaps we shouldn’t anticipate seeing minutes for Otto or Boucher in the immediate future from the sounds of this…

What’s wrong with Boucher?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Well if preseason is an indicator of anything it looks like the starting role will go to Trent over Precious, and will be Trent's spot to lose. It should be our best unit on offense.

We're going to see some funky line up's off the bench this season until Nurse finds a combination that works.
              Nurse said as much on the Bob Macowen (spelling, but I don’t care enough him to know/check) show.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

What’s wrong with Boucher?
                Strained hamstring…

Who was it who throw up the bad lob pass to him last game? DJ?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The depth is weird but the front office likes it that way. I could see Boucher being a "SF" in some line ups.

Koloko, Precious and Boucher could play together as long as there is a guy that can handle the ball (like Scottie, Fred, Pascal, Malachi or Dalano) and/or a shooter (Fred, Gary, Otto or OG) that plays with them.

It may not work, but it could be fun to watch.. at least defensively.
                  I guess…but hard to imagine Boucher at the 3 when we’ve got all the other 3s needing to eat, and Nurse going all in on speed.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Strained hamstring…

Who was it who throw up the bad lob pass to him last game? DJ?
                    Thought Nurse said he was sick?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Thought Nurse said he was sick?
                      Both. Injured, and not traveling with team due to non-COVID illness.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

What this team would need this upcoming season is for Nick Nurse to limit the minutes of VanVleet. Enough of this #igotus mentality because he is not that guy. Bring down that FGA from 16.9 to 14. Him taking the ball down the court, initiating the offense and passing a hot potato with four seconds remaining in the shot clock is cringeworthy. One more thing, by now he should realize of his physical limitations and his inability to drive the ball to the basket amongst trees because 3 out of 4 times, he will get smothered. Living and dying with his Hail Mary’s is stupid Basketball.

Design more plays for Barnes (PnR/ PnP and Post up Plays), make him as the secondary offensive option behind Siakam.
                        Scottie’s fga should increase from 12.6 to at least 15.

In an ideal world:
                        Barnes
                        GTJ
                        OG
                        Siakam
                        Precious

VanVleet - 6th man
                        And I was called silly then…

fast forward to now and here we are….

lol.

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        In an ideal world and this format worked well for the Raptors during their Championship year, Van Vleet should be the 6th man. Ideal microwave scorer off the bench.

If He refused then he is a great asset to be traded at the deadline.

Let Scottie and Siakam do the work.
                        Thoughts then….

….Last resort now for Masai and Bobby’s Sanity Preservation

because if they ask the Claw Reborn now….I’d say trade, that ship of being politically correct has sailed already. He just ain’t a good fit.
                        Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Jan 5, 2023, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X