• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Thought Nurse said he was sick?
    Both. Injured, and not traveling with team due to non-COVID illness.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Strained hamstring…

Who was it who throw up the bad lob pass to him last game? DJ?
    Thought Nurse said he was sick?

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

The depth is weird but the front office likes it that way. I could see Boucher being a "SF" in some line ups.

Koloko, Precious and Boucher could play together as long as there is a guy that can handle the ball (like Scottie, Fred, Pascal, Malachi or Dalano) and/or a shooter (Fred, Gary, Otto or OG) that plays with them.

It may not work, but it could be fun to watch.. at least defensively.
    I guess…but hard to imagine Boucher at the 3 when we’ve got all the other 3s needing to eat, and Nurse going all in on speed.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

What’s wrong with Boucher?
    Strained hamstring…

Who was it who throw up the bad lob pass to him last game? DJ?

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Well if preseason is an indicator of anything it looks like the starting role will go to Trent over Precious, and will be Trent's spot to lose. It should be our best unit on offense.

We're going to see some funky line up's off the bench this season until Nurse finds a combination that works.
    Nurse said as much on the Bob Macowen (spelling, but I don’t care enough him to know/check) show.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied

Perhaps we shouldn’t anticipate seeing minutes for Otto or Boucher in the immediate future from the sounds of this…

What’s wrong with Boucher?

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Well if preseason is an indicator of anything it looks like the starting role will go to Trent over Precious, and will be Trent's spot to lose. It should be our best unit on offense.

We're going to see some funky line up's off the bench this season until Nurse finds a combination that works.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I guess Koloko would be playing beside Precious a lot if Precious isn't starting? Not sure I love that as a fair shot for him...

Bench would be Koloko, Precious, Boucher, Thad, Banton?

Between starting small and creating a completely imbalanced bench, will not be surprised if we see a slow start out of the gate in spite of the inherent advantage of bringing most of the team back. Part of that advantage is supposed to be that you can learn from your previous year's mistakes and not repeat them, but oh well.

That said, maybe Otto is back and at least his shooting helps out, though you still need to find minutes for guys like Boucher.
    Perhaps we shouldn’t anticipate seeing minutes for Otto or Boucher in the immediate future from the sounds of this…

Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Thu Oct 13, 2022, 02:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Precious and Boucher off the bench = I'm not seeing any significant minutes for Koloko or Birch.
    The depth is weird but the front office likes it that way. I could see Boucher being a "SF" in some line ups.

Koloko, Precious and Boucher could play together as long as there is a guy that can handle the ball (like Scottie, Fred, Pascal, Malachi or Dalano) and/or a shooter (Fred, Gary, Otto or OG) that plays with them.

It may not work, but it could be fun to watch.. at least defensively.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't see a situation where we play 5 bench players at once unless its a blow out or a few starters are sitting/hurt. If Koloko plays next to Precious it would be with at least 2 or 3 other starters.

And in my opinion Boucher is still our best glue player. And he should get more minutes than anyone off the bench, including Precious. He can fit with any lineup and his lineup stats from last year confirm that. The only two-man lineup with Boucher that had a negative net rating last year were with Flynn and with Svi. Every other combination was positive.

Playing 1 or 2 starters with the bench is a perfectly viable approach. 3 you aren't buying a lot of rest.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Precious and Boucher off the bench = I'm not seeing any significant minutes for Koloko or Birch.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I guess Koloko would be playing beside Precious a lot if Precious isn't starting? Not sure I love that as a fair shot for him...

Between starting small and creating a completely imbalanced bench, will not be surprised if we see a slow start out of the gate in spite of the inherent advantage of bringing most of the team back. Part of that advantage is supposed to be that you can learn from your previous year's mistakes and not repeat them, but oh well.

That said, maybe Otto is back and at least his shooting helps out, though you still need to find minutes for guys like Boucher.
    I don't see a situation where we play 5 bench players at once unless its a blow out or a few starters are sitting/hurt. If Koloko plays next to Precious it would be with at least 2 or 3 other starters.

And in my opinion Boucher is still our best glue player. And he should get more minutes than anyone off the bench, including Precious. He can fit with any lineup and his lineup stats from last year confirm that. The only two-man lineup with Boucher that had a negative net rating last year were with Flynn and with Svi. Every other combination was positive.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    If they stick to the pattern from last year, Koloko will get a shot early in the season.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied

I hope Koloko also gets some run.

Throw him in the proverbial fire.

.... Be between he and Birch I guess as to which of those two manages to scrape much together in terms of playing time.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more than expected. It's early days but it seems he would have no trouble facing a significant percentage of the starting centers in the league. He could play most of the games for the 905 and decent minutes for maybe 25% of the big team's games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X