Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

i totally forgot about chicago! the way i see it, assuming health for all teams (which is impossible but it's more impossible to predict injuries), i wouldn't be surprised if any one of boston, milwaukee, philly, miami, or clevelad finished ahead of us, but i would be surprised if all of them finished ahead of us. i would also be very surprised if either atlanta or chicago finished ahead of us... they are in a tier below to me (i am skeptical of the murray-trae fit)
    Yeah, I really Dejounte's game and have some optimism for that pairing. (Not sure if optimism is the right word when they're the enemy.)

Comment

• i like murray too but am not sure how effective either of them can be off the ball

Comment

i like murray too but am not sure how effective either of them can be off the ball
        Yeah. It’ll be interesting to see how they gel. A lot of talent there. Can it coalesce is another thing altogether. I’m not about to write them off though.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Yeah. It’ll be interesting to see how they gel. A lot of talent there. Can it coalesce is another thing altogether. I’m not about to write them off though.
          not writing it off, just a little skeptical (and a homer). trae obviously has the shooting ability to be effective off the ball, but i just think taking the ball out of his hands is negating his biggest strength because he's one of the two or three best offensive players in the whole league when he does have the ball

edit: not sure murray has the shooting to play off ball. i imagine they'll stagger their minutes as much as possible

Comment

not writing it off, just a little skeptical (and a homer). trae obviously has the shooting ability to be effective off the ball, but i just think taking the ball out of his hands is negating his biggest strength because he's one of the two or three best offensive players in the whole league when he does have the ball

edit: not sure murray has the shooting to play off ball. i imagine they'll stagger their minutes as much as possible
            Watching our starting lineup tonight, I just wish we had anyone who could be on the ball. I wouldn't be worried about having two.

Comment

Watching our starting lineup tonight, I just wish we had anyone who could be on the ball. I wouldn't be worried about having two.
              uh oh. i'm just wrapping up work on the west coast and about to watch the game on pvr, but that doesn't sound good lol

Comment

uh oh. i'm just wrapping up work on the west coast and about to watch the game on pvr, but that doesn't sound good lol
                Oh this has been a watch -- stick it out to the end

Comment

Oh this has been a watch -- stick it out to the end
                  i always do!

Comment

i always do!
                    And if you can muster it -- add 30 min to that pvr setting

#nospoilers

Comment

And if you can muster it -- add 30 min to that pvr setting

#nospoilers
                      good looking out man, i always record the next program after the broadcast anyway

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

So you said they could finish anywhere 1st to 9th but wanted to edit it to they could finish anywhere 1st to 8th?
                        Way to go way out on that limb
                        'Chill + winky face' is outta bounds but 'Way to go out on a limb + winky face' is cool.

Got it.

You're an enigma G.

Comment

i'd be stunned if they finish below 7th without significant injury trouble just based on what i said above about the team playing so uncommonly hard every night basically since nurse has got here, but agree on the talent level 1 through 8 (who's your 9th team in there? knicks?)

is that enough tempering expectations to make you less nervous?
                          Kyle Lowry would like a word with you about when the team started playing hard.

Comment

• Let's take a look at the situation of who gets the final 3 spots after game number 2:

Before I said Banton was 90% in, well after this game he was pretty much a shoo-in. So it's down to 2 spots remaining.

Bo Cruz did not look very good in those 2 games but he still has the full year guaranteed. Before I had him at 75% in but now its down to 60% of making the roster.

Had Justin Champagnie at 60% of making the roster but after another no show due to injury it might be down to 55%.

Josh Jackson who I had at 40% of making the roster, is probably at 45% of making it now. If he strings along a couple more solid preseason games and his 3 point shot goes in too, than he is in.

DJ Wilson had low chances of making the team as is and he hasn't exactly blown the competition so he is still likely to unfortunately get cut.

Gabe Brown had a nice 2nd game. If he continues to shoot like that, I don't see why they can't drop RHJ 2 ways and give it to Gabe (The Raptors do need shooting and he fits better what they are trying to do. Risking Gabe going down to the 905 without protection might not be wise)

Dowtin 2 way spot is still safe as he had a nice performance in his 2nd game.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Let's take a look at the situation of who gets the final 3 spots after game number 2:

Before I said Banton was 90% in, well after this game he was pretty much a shoo-in. So it's down to 2 spots remaining.

Bo Cruz did not look very good in those 2 games but he still has the full year guaranteed. Before I had him at 75% in but now its down to 60% of making the roster.

Had Justin Champagnie at 60% of making the roster but after another no show due to injury it might be down to 55%.

Josh Jackson who I had at 40% of making the roster, is probably at 45% of making it now. If he strings along a couple more solid preseason games and his 3 point shot goes in too, than he is in.

DJ Wilson had low chances of making the team as is and he hasn't exactly blown the competition so he is still likely to unfortunately get cut.

Gabe Brown had a nice 2nd game. If he continues to shoot like that, I don't see why they can't drop RHJ 2 ways and give it to Gabe (The Raptors do need shooting and he fits better what they are trying to do. Risking Gabe going down to the 905 without protection might not be wise)

Dowtin 2 way spot is still safe as he had a nice performance in his 2nd game.

Doesn't Harper Jr. still have a 2 way? Give that to Champagnie, sign Jackson, Hernangomez, and Banton.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Doesn't Harper Jr. still have a 2 way? Give that to Champagnie, sign Jackson, Hernangomez, and Banton.
                                According to Blake, only Gabe Brown is eligible for that 2-way if we don't want Harper to have it:

Comment

Working...
                                X