Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post

If that means we go 82-0, I'll take it . We ended the season (both regular and playoff) with a loss so the opening thread is up for grabs
    Well, at least 81-1.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Awww…you never know….RR may appoint me as the designated Thread Starter for 82 games and we all get lucky from not reading your stupid hot takes …that would be hilarious lol
    If that means we go 82-0, I'll take it . We ended the season (both regular and playoff) with a loss so the opening thread is up for grabs

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

i think you guys need to take claw off ignore to participate in his game threads
    Lol ah that makes sense, I can’t even see his threads. I guess I will put him on probation

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Thanks but no thanks. Now I know why I didn't see any game thread lol.
    Awww…you never know….RR may appoint me as the designated Thread Starter for 82 games and we all get lucky from not reading your stupid hot takes …that would be hilarious lol

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

i think you guys need to take claw off ignore to participate in his game threads
    Thanks but no thanks. Now I know why I didn't see any game thread lol.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    OG on fiyah!
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    No game thread for game 4?

Fuck Boston!

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    No game thread for game 4?

Fuck Boston!

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    OG on fiyah!
    Dont be shy to post on the game thread I created, you can spew all your hottakes all you want, Trent is out.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    OG on fiyah!

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

With injuries to Otto, Boucher & Flynn... our bench is basically Banton + 5 bigs (Thad, Precious, Birch, Koloko, Juancho). If the idea is to keep starter minutes down (especially Fred), then we might actually see some minutes from Dowtin to provide some ball-handling & shooting.
    The injured guys that play (Otto and Boucher) aren't ball handlers so their absence doesn't hurt our ball handling. Nurse was already quoted saying Juancho will get the missed Boucher and Otto minutes.

I do expect extra Banton though since he was already gonna get bench minutes.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

That's true, but if you remember, the Raptors were hovering around the 7th-8th spot when Nick said fuck it i'm playing my starters 40+ mins a game. That's how they started winning a lot of games. I don't think he's going to play his starters 40+ mins a game again this year. So the bench guys need to step up.
    Keep in mind he was doing that (and winning games) mostly when they were short guys. OG missed most of the post-all-star stretch, Fred was hurt for that whole thing... Just having our top 6 actually all play at once will make a huge difference on required minutes to maintain the win rate.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

That's true, but if you remember, the Raptors were hovering around the 7th-8th spot when Nick said fuck it i'm playing my starters 40+ mins a game. That's how they started winning a lot of games. I don't think he's going to play his starters 40+ mins a game again this year. So the bench guys need to step up.
    Looking at last year's team, early on our bench included Goran, Flynn, Svi, Banton, Precious, Boucher, Champagnie and Birch.

Goran stopped playing.
    Boucher was unplayable. And was benched for games.
    Svi was really bad.
    Banton and Champagnie were rookies and were mostly playing like rookies
    Precious was pretty bad, and turned his season around completely after the all-star game.
    Flynn was in Nurse's dog house. Went to the G-league and got benched.
    Birch was Birch.

Thad wasn't there until later. Boucher and Precious got a lot better over the season. Banton and Champagnie are now sophomores. We see Banton's improvements in pre season already. Flynn is still a question mark. Birch is Birch still. But we also have Porter and Koloko (a rookie, but plays a position of need).

I think we improved. 3pt shooting off the bench is still going to be rough. Unless we see some improvements from Flynn and Banton. But Porter (if he gets healthy) should be a big boost.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

They basically have the same team as last year who had 48 wins. They were 20th in 3pt% and 19th in 3pt made.

I think their 3pt shooting will be fine. Otto was a bonus as we didn't have him last year. OG had a down year (shot 36%) when the two years before to that he was in the 39% range. Plus, knock on wood, he has his healthiest season coming up.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Everything will be very tight.

If the Raptors go cold from the 3, they could easily find themselves at the 7th spot and the superior wingpan ain't going to make up for it.
    ^ This

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Everything will be very tight.

If the Raptors go cold from the 3, they could easily find themselves at the 7th spot and the superior wingpan ain't going to make up for it.
    They basically have the same team as last year who had 48 wins. They were 20th in 3pt% and 19th in 3pt made.

I think their 3pt shooting will be fine. Otto was a bonus as we didn't have him last year. OG had a down year (shot 36%) when the two years before to that he was in the 39% range. Plus, knock on wood, he has his healthiest season coming up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X