Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Kyle is 36 years old.

i wouldn't play Kyle more than 32 minutes a game.
    he will be 37 before the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Correct ...If we had Mo Bamba no change to the rankings.
    If we had Miles Plumlee no change.
    If we had Rudy Gobert a change
    If we had Clint Capella a change
    And yes.. if we had Myles Leonard a change.

We have been hashing this over for a while...my view on the centre spot is heavily weighted towards the defensive end of the floor. We bleed defensive rebounds and second chance points. Two years running. Botttom of the league. No changes have been made to address that rather sizeable gap.
    As a big a revelation as Achiwua has become on the offensive end he is not physically built to be a 5 on the defensive side of the ball and deliver what we need, not want , but what is needed on the defensive end to end more possessions with defensive boards than we do and lower those soul crushing second chance points.
    DRTG includes the effect of giving up offensive boards. The Raptors were a top 5 defensive team in the second half of last season, including the effect of giving up additional rebounds.

Achiuwa being described as an offensive revelation and an incapable defender at the 5 makes my head explode. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Precious is just as good if not better than Clint Capela. You lost me there big time. I agree he is no Rudy Gobert but that's a far cry from Capela.

Doubt you actually meant myles Leonard. Sure you meant myles Turner. Precious is better than him. Defends Embiid way better and shoots the 3 at a much higher clip.
    Uhh. Precious has a long ways to go on offence. He's elite defensively already, and the concerns about his ability to defend in the paint are unfounded. But his offence is still damaging enough that it's hard to say he's better than these other established C's overall. Now, he made great strides last season but unless that improvement continues, he's still a little ways off from being a better than average starting C. That said, I do think he's a perfectly viable starting C as is, especially considering what the Raps want from that spot.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Precious is just as good if not better than Clint Capela. You lost me there big time. I agree he is no Rudy Gobert but that's a far cry from Capela.

Doubt you actually meant myles Leonard. Sure you meant myles Turner. Precious is better than him. Defends Embiid way better and shoots the 3 at a much higher clip.
    How in the world is Achiuwa as good if not better than Capela?
    Because Precious has a 3 ball?

I like Precious and is excited of his future,
    but let's not over value him

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Without a defibrillator near the bench.
    No.
    I didn't realize Kyle was 36.
    Time flies.

Miami's window is closing fast.