Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Yes... Cleveland has got better with the Mitchell trade. The two young players Mobley and Garland are going to be a pain the butt for the raps for a while.
    They will be a preseason fave ... with good reason. I think they leap frogged us.

Tier 1 The Pre Season Contenders tier has the Bucks, Chowders and Nets rounding out the top 3. Durants ego is bruised.Could be the KD revenge year.
    Tier 2 Almost there. Two Gotta win now teams with Philly and the Heat and they are joined by what might be the best young team in the East.in the Cavs..
    Tier 3 Young teams on the rise.. The Hawks .. The Raptors ...
    Tier 4 Gotta win now teams that aren't going to win now... Treadmill teams The Bulls, The Pacers, Charlotte and the Whiz
    Tier 5 Making moves to get out of the lottery..... Detroit, Orlando
    Tier 6. The Knicks manage again to be the home for misfit toys... no structure.. no direction ...lots misery. Happy.for RJ Barett but would you give him the bag? Jalen Brunson as your new focus in the backcourt.. again for the bag. Mix in ball hog Julius Randle .. who also got the bag and they are locked in to the bottom of the heap for a while. Lots of draft choices though.
    I move Raps up with the Cavs and the Heat down as Father Time finally destroys them.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I move Raps up with the Cavs and the Heat down as Father Time finally destroys them.
      Hard to count the Heat completely out.

1. Miami's Patron Saint is Jamie Astaphan. If anyone is in need of something to battle father time... Miami's the place. Fountain of Youth and all.
      2. Coach Spo seems to be able to make chicken soup outta chicken droppings.
      3. Butler has one more season in him.... not so sure about the GROAT.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Uh, no. Raptors had a full team, but the Nets didn't even bring their regular season team to the bubble. They were missing Kyrie, Dinwiddie, Taurean Prince, Wilson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan & Nic Claxton. They were starting guys who are out of the league and/or scrapping for 15th man positions, like: Tyler Johnson, TLC and Garrett Temple.

If that's a "legit" NBA starting lineup (even in comparison to their own regular season team), then we can agree to disagree. Smells a lot like an asterisk and a cream-puff Harlem Globetrotters opponent to me.

To put it in simple perspective: the team the Nets brought to the bubble would not have come close to making the playoffs in the first place. They weren't a legitimate playoff team when we played them. Over the course of a full season, they would probably come closer to setting league records for most losses. We can all agree on that... right?
        That is basically what I said.

Raptors swept the Nets like they were supposed to and blew them out in 3 out of the 4 games. Is there something wrong with that?

Using terms like "legit" and counting out the series entirely to support your opinion is in fact not fact.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Hard to count the Heat completely out.

1. Miami's Patron Saint is Jamie Astaphan. If anyone is in need of something to battle father time... Miami's the place. Fountain of Youth and all.
          2. Coach Spo seems to be able to make chicken soup outta chicken droppings.
          3. Butler has one more season in him.... not so sure about the GROAT.
          Yah I'm not moving Miami completely out, just out of the top 3

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Yah I'm not moving Miami completely out, just out of the top 3
            They overachieved last year.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

That is basically what I said.

Raptors swept the Nets like they were supposed to and blew them out in 3 out of the 4 games. Is there something wrong with that?

Using terms like "legit" and counting out the series entirely to support your opinion is in fact not fact.
              Raps swept a shell of a team that itself barely made the playoffs, which some could call non-legit. Both things can be true… not my fault if the term “legit” irks everyone, like the word “asterisk”. Sure, it takes some shine away from the “win”… but it is what it is.

Moving on to this year. So from the strong response I’m getting… does that mean that it is a consensus that this is the year Nurse will finally win a playoff series without Kawhi? Asterisk-free.

Or does everybody have pre-packaged excuses ready if that doesn’t happen?

Comment

Raps swept a shell of a team that itself barely made the playoffs, which some could call non-legit. Both things can be true… not my fault if the term “legit” irks everyone, like the word “asterisk”. Sure, it takes some shine away from the “win”… but it is what it is.

Moving on to this year. So from the strong response I’m getting… does that mean that it is a consensus that this is the year Nurse will finally win a playoff series without Kawhi? Asterisk-free.

Or does everybody have pre-packaged excuses ready if that doesn’t happen?
                That wasn't even my point lol. Keep fighting your imaginary demons.

Comment

That wasn't even my point lol. Keep fighting your imaginary demons.
                  Funny how when I use facts, like the Nets missing half their roster to “asterisk” the series “win” … it’s completely ignored and the debate quickly turns personal. That’s the original and obvious point that nobody wants to interact with. It should be self evident that that roster wasn’t a legit playoff team, so I’m kind of shocked at the push back on that obvious truth. All this from folks who try so hard to appear logical and fair-minded.

Comment

Funny how when I use facts, like the Nets missing half their roster to “asterisk” the series “win” … it’s completely ignored and the debate quickly turns personal. That’s the original and obvious point that nobody wants to interact with. It should be self evident that that roster wasn’t a legit playoff team, so I’m kind of shocked at the push back on that obvious truth. All this from folks who try so hard to appear logical and fair-minded.
                    Again not my point. You ignored DanH and my original point and continued on about the Nets which no one disagreed with.

Comment

Again not my point. You ignored DanH and my original point and continued on about the Nets which no one disagreed with.
                      Doesn’t matter how many people agree with you and DanH. The Nets fielded a bubble team that would legitimately have no place in any NBA playoffs except for the once in a lifetime circumstances. That’s the playoff team Nurse beat. Nothing of the above should be considered controversial or even debatable.

Comment

Doesn’t matter how many people agree with you and DanH. The Nets fielded a bubble team that would legitimately have no place in any NBA playoffs except for the once in a lifetime circumstances. That’s the playoff team Nurse beat. Nothing of the above should be considered controversial or even debatable.
                        It isnt, what was debatable is what you try to label as fact.

If we're also going down the line of asterisks, there is tons out there in NBA history, which is why its always a dumb argument to make.

Comment

It isnt, what was debatable is what you try to label as fact.

If we're also going down the line of asterisks, there is tons out there in NBA history, which is why its always a dumb argument to make.
                          You can keep picking away at semantics, but it looks like you’re finally agreeing / admitting to the essence of my point… that Nets team was less than trash.

And calling someone’s opinion “dumb” isn’t exactly a fair-minded, un-biased or mature form of debate either. There are tons of asterisks and what-ifs… that’s part of what makes sports debates great, at times. If you don’t like it, that’s your opinion and that’s cool. Doesn’t make the people talking about it always “dumb”.

Comment

You can keep picking away at semantics, but it looks like you’re finally agreeing / admitting to the essence of my point… that Nets team was less than trash.

And calling someone’s opinion “dumb” isn’t exactly a fair-minded, un-biased or mature form of debate either. There are tons of asterisks and what-ifs… that’s part of what makes sports debates great, at times. If you don’t like it, that’s your opinion and that’s cool. Doesn’t make the people talking about it always “dumb”.
                            Like when I said the there was a large gap between the Nets and the Celtics? I never disagreed with it.

Ironic that you accused someone else of selective memory.

Also good to hear you're calling it an opinion now and not fact.
                            Last edited by A.I; Tue Sep 20, 2022, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Like when I said the there was a large gap between the Nets and the Celtics? I never disagreed with it.

Ironic that you accused someone else of selective memory.
                              There’s a big difference between “large gap” and “the Nets, as comprised in the bubble, weren’t even a legitimate playoff team.” You never agreed to that.

If we’re in agreement on the latter, then we’re good. If not, then we might as well move on.
                              Last edited by golden; Tue Sep 20, 2022, 10:07 PM.

Comment

There’s a big difference between “large gap” and “the Nets, as comprised in the bubble, weren’t even a legitimate playoff team.” You never agreed to that.

If we’re in agreement on the latter, then we’re good. If not, then we might as well move on.
                                Now you're arguing about semantics.

Comment

Working...
                                X