Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Generally I would agree, but that formula worked perfectly for Kawhi in Toronto because there was already a clearly established team leader... Lowry. Maybe that's the one exception that proves the rule.
    Quite different circumstances, though. Leonard was traded to Toronto as a mercenary: help us win the title and we'll help you regain your reputation. Both sides lived up to expectations.

On the other hand, Durant hand picked his team in Brooklyn, got the coach fired, installed his own coach, forced the Harden trade and then when it all fell apart refused to take any responsibility for any of the above. The Nets did everything Durant wanted and not only did he not deliver, he pouted and wanted to walk away from his mess.

I have no problem with Durant wanting to put together his team in Brooklyn (he earned the right to try) but you've got to own up the failures if it doesn't work out - that's my issue with him.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

they obviously have the talent but reading those media day quotes it seems to me the whole situation is... pretty tenuous. it could all go to shit again at any moment, and i think that's a more likely outcome than them putting it all together and winning 60 games given recent history (and considering the point slaw made above).
      A scant few weeks ago lots and lots and lots of discussion on how getting KD into the Raps fold could bring us back into the convo for a championship run.
      Now ... not so much.

What changed ?
      From saviour to surrender monkey in what.. 8 - 10 weeks ?
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 27, 2022, 03:43 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

A scant few weeks ago lots and lots and lots of discussion on how getting KD into the Raps fold could bring us back into the convo for a championship run.
        Now ... not so much.

What changed ?
        From saviour to surrender monkey in what.. 8 - 10 weeks ?
        He absolutely would if you didn't have to give up the farm to get him. We can likely re-litigate this at the trade deadline or next offseason cause I suspect this Nets team is one or two instances away from completely imploding.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Quite different circumstances, though. Leonard was traded to Toronto as a mercenary: help us win the title and we'll help you regain your reputation. Both sides lived up to expectations.

On the other hand, Durant hand picked his team in Brooklyn, got the coach fired, installed his own coach, forced the Harden trade and then when it all fell apart refused to take any responsibility for any of the above. The Nets did everything Durant wanted and not only did he not deliver, he pouted and wanted to walk away from his mess.

I have no problem with Durant wanting to put together his team in Brooklyn (he earned the right to try) but you've got to own up the failures if it doesn't work out - that's my issue with him.
          True enough. KD wants all the power that comes with player empowerment, but he's not willing to accept the great responsibility that comes with great power. These uber-star players now see themselves as shadow GMs, so at some point KD has to sit Kyrie down in a room and get him to tow the company line... like Masai did to Lowry.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

True enough. KD wants all the power that comes with player empowerment, but he's not willing to accept the great responsibility that comes with great power.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

He absolutely would if you didn't have to give up the farm to get him. We can likely re-litigate this at the trade deadline or next offseason cause I suspect this Nets team is one or two instances away from completely imploding.
              They have everyone healthy now. If they flame out next season, I think its time to blow up the team.

Comment

• Just catching up on all the player interviews and the first thing that I noticed is the jerseys. So there's a Sun Life ad and there's a Nike logo and now there's a 6 logo. Wtf.

So what are the jerseys going to look like a in a couple of years? like this?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So NN said that FVV will plat off the ball a lot this year meaning Pascal and Scottie will handle the ball a lot.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    So NN said that FVV will plat off the ball a lot this year meaning Pascal and Scottie will handle the ball a lot.
                    Pretty much what's been said on the forum through the off season. NN also mentioned he wants to "hammer the front of the rim" referring to rim pressure and free throws. Lots of Siakam and Barnes drives into the paint with kick outs to FVV, GT, Otto and Juancho for open shots. Sort of what we saw in the playoffs except we'll have more guys that can hit shots.

Comment

• Saw a text from my daughter in which she said it was reported that Delano was the best player at practice yesterday. Anybody else come across that news. Definitely positive if it happened.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Saw a text from my daughter in which she said it was reported that Delano was the best player at practice yesterday. Anybody else come across that news. Definitely positive if it happened.
                        Found it: "I mean, Dalano was as good as anybody out there on the floor today, right? He was as good as anybody there was in practice today. So there's some other guys as well."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/ni...ieFpiRjPWQDBBW

Comment

Saw a text from my daughter in which she said it was reported that Delano was the best player at practice yesterday. Anybody else come across that news. Definitely positive if it happened.
                          I haven't, but that's exciting news. NN is going to have a tough time finding minutes for everyone and likely there will be a few unhappy players.

Comment

• More from Yahoo: "Barnes is 21 years old. Banton is 22. Achiuwa is 23. Anunoby is 25. They have every excuse to spend their summers partying or relaxing or simply thinking about themselves — I know I did at that age. Plus, they are rich athletes with all the excuses and resources in the world to fall into the dangerous vices that come with young-adult celebrity and fame. Instead, they did meaningful work in their communities because that’s the kind of people they are and because the Raptors provided them with the resources to execute on their visions."

Love this stuff. Organizational culture.

Comment

• guys seem locked in

Comment

Yeah that came from Nick in one of his media interviews. On day 1 he was most impressed by Dalano and Jauncho.

Comment

Working...
                                X