Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

Cleveland at 8th? Surprised by that.
    It's a stats based rankings system. Here is the blurb for Cleveland.

In part, Cleveland's projection suffers from the team's massive leap in the standings last season. Because player projections perform best based on three years of data, Darius Garland's poor rookie campaign still drags on his record after two seasons of rapid improvement. Additionally, Donovan Mitchell has a bottom-10 defensive rating in terms of defensive RAPM, helping explain why his addition doesn't have the expected impact on the Cavaliers' projected record.

This serves as a friendly reminder defense wins games and that's why the Raptors are gonna be good again. Assuming Precious starts and Scottie evolves we're gonna have a starting 5 that is all above average defensively.
    Last edited by Primer; Thu Sep 29, 2022, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It's a stats based rankings system. Here is the blurb for Cleveland.

In part, Cleveland's projection suffers from the team's massive leap in the standings last season. Because player projections perform best based on three years of data, Darius Garland's poor rookie campaign still drags on his record after two seasons of rapid improvement. Additionally, Donovan Mitchell has a bottom-10 defensive rating in terms of defensive RAPM, helping explain why his addition doesn't have the expected impact on the Cavaliers' projected record.
      Fair enough, but Mobley and Allen might be the best Defensive PF/C duo in the league. Actually not even probably. I can't think of a better one.

Primer wrote: View Post
      This serves as a friendly reminder defense wins games and that's why the Raptors are gonna be good again. Assuming Precious starts and Scottie evolves we're gonna have a starting 5 that is all above average defensively.
      Amen!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Sucks for Birch but that could mean more Koloko earlier in the season.
        I called it

Comment

• Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Thu Sep 29, 2022, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Espn projects us as the 4 seed in the East after Boston, Milwaukee, and Philly.

4. Toronto Raptors
            Average wins:

As compared to their peers in the East's second tier, the Raptors had a far less eventful offseason. I project 92% of the team's minutes to go to returning players, with Otto Porter Jr. as the biggest addition. Still, Toronto's strong finish and young core puts the Raptors ahead of their splashier counterparts.

After the Raptors is goes Atlanta, Miami, Brooklyn, Cleveland, Knicks, Hornets, Wizards, Bulls, Pacers, Magic, Pistons.
            I think that's unusually fair from a US outlet.
            I have them at 4-5

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Sucks for Birch but that could mean more Koloko earlier in the season.
              Birch should see the floor approximately 1% of the season, heal fast big fella ....

Comment

Fair enough, but Mobley and Allen might be the best Defensive PF/C duo in the league. Actually not even probably. I can't think of a better one.

Amen!
                I'd put Precious + Pascal up there with Mobley and Allen defensively.

Comment

Can Mobley and Allen guard perimeter players? just curious. Because Pascal and Precious can.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Can Mobley and Allen guard perimeter players? just curious. Because Pascal and Precious can.
                        mobley can allen cannot

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          Best interview I have watched in years. Hines has got his shit together and he knows his stuff. A real passion for the game and the players. A blessing for the Raptors organization and it's a real blessing for the players that they get to be exposed to this guy for a full season. I expect everybody to level up. And the young players most of all. When you are learning and studying in a particular field, the info in your brain hits a critical mass and suddenly it is internalized. You don't need to think about it any more when a situation or problem occurs, the answer is automatic. That is what Hines is going to create in the mind of the Raptors players. Guys who are hesitant or unsure today are not going to be in February. I am expecting the last 7 players on the bench to become playable, at least in terms of knowing the right things to do when they get on the floor, by then. Excited to watch the team grow and improve.

Comment

• Heading to the open gym and scrimmage in Victoria today for some advanced scouting.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              Heading to the open gym and scrimmage in Victoria today for some advanced scouting.
                              We're gonna need to know if Trent or Precious are playing with the starting unit Berta

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

We're gonna need to know if Trent or Precious are playing with the starting unit Berta
                                Eric Koreen predicts it will be Precious starting....

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-ne...t-year/1044505

Comment

Working...
                                X