Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

We're gonna need to know if Trent or Precious are playing with the starting unit Berta
    10 4. I'm kind of expecting the main guys to only be giving about 70%. But excited to see the fringe rotation guys like Banton, Flynn, juancho look
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

10 4. I'm kind of expecting the main guys to only be giving about 70%. But excited to see the fringe rotation guys like Banton, Flynn, juancho look
      That's awesome, enjoy!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Eric Koreen predicts it will be Precious starting....

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-ne...t-year/1044505
        Koreen and RR are all predicting Trent will come off the bench, but I still have Trent starting to kick-off the season.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Koreen and RR are all predicting Trent will come off the bench, but I still have Trent starting to kick-off the season.
          I think Koreen and RR are maybe leaning too much into what should happen when making predictions, a trap I fall in a lot.

Absolutely Precious should start. But I have no idea whether Nurse actually goes in that direction at all let alone right out the gate.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think Koreen and RR are maybe leaning too much into what should happen when making predictions, a trap I fall in a lot.

Absolutely Precious should start. But I have no idea whether Nurse actually goes in that direction at all let alone right out the gate.
            The thing is Nurse tried it with Trent coming off the bench in previous seasons and the results were not good. Could be a combination of not being able to set him up properly in catch or shoot situations or he simply took it hard and under performed with less quality team-mates. If you want to get the most of the Trent, its in the starting lineup where we saw he can get blazing hot.

This is probably a situation where early on you have to bite the bullet and let Trent ride mostly in the starting lineup while shuffling the lineups on occasions to get a better winning formula. If it will occur the team performs much better with him not in the starting lineup (Either Precious takes a bigger step forward or simply having OPJ works better like a Danny Green did while GTJ is Norm off the bench) and if a bench role would diminish his production significantly (or he protests) than it might be time to part ways.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

The thing is Nurse tried it with Trent coming off the bench in previous seasons and the results were not good. Could be a combination of not being able to set him up properly in catch or shoot situations or he simply took it hard and under performed with less quality team-mates. If you want to get the most of the Trent, its in the starting lineup where we saw he can get blazing hot.

This is probably a situation where early on you have to bite the bullet and let Trent ride mostly in the starting lineup while shuffling the lineups on occasions to get a better winning formula. If it will occur the team performs much better with him not in the starting lineup (Either Precious takes a bigger step forward or simply having OPJ works better like a Danny Green did while GTJ is Norm off the bench) and if a bench role would diminish his production significantly (or he protests) than it might be time to part ways.
              He really didn't though. Gary came off the bench 2 games in 2021 and 1 game 2022. A whopping 3 game sample size of Gary coming off the bench over 2 seasons.

Comment

• Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  He gotta have higher standard than that.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He really didn't though. Gary came off the bench 2 games in 2021 and 1 game 2022. A whopping 3 game sample size of Gary coming off the bench over 2 seasons.
                    He played with the bench unit more then that.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Let him get to OG level first.

Or Pascal for that matter.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Is it absolute? Precious, Scottie and Pascal aren't exactly established 3-pt shooters in this league. If they all go into an extended slump at the same time, then the spacing will be cramped and you'll need to bring a legit shooter (e.g. Gary or Otto) back into the starting lineup.

Comment

• Now replace the words Wiseman with Koloko and Warriors with Raptors and we have the same issue.

Edit: "tweet not working" arrgghh

Comment

He did? Last season? Or do you mean the couple months at the end of the Tampa disaster season?

Trent started every game last season except the very first one where they started Dragic of all people. There is absolutely no evidence that Trent would not do well off the bench.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

OG shot like 48% from the corners this past year, in an overall down shooting year. If Scottie can do that I have to think we'd be pretty happy!
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He played with the bench unit more then that.
                                Find me anyone who is suggesting we play Trent with the bench without a playmaking starter to set him up, like he would have had to last year when they were so shorthanded.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X