Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Is it absolute? Precious, Scottie and Pascal aren't exactly established 3-pt shooters in this league. If they all go into an extended slump at the same time, then the spacing will be cramped and you'll need to bring a legit shooter (e.g. Gary or Otto) back into the starting lineup.
    Yes, it is. We should at least try it. If it fails, fine.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Find me anyone who is suggesting we play Trent with the bench without a playmaking starter to set him up, like he would have had to last year when they were so shorthanded.
      So basically Fred, Scottie & Siakam will have to play with him, therefore there really won't be an actually bench unit role either as neither Flynn or Banton have proven as of yet they can provide enough support in a consistent matter.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

So basically Fred, Scottie & Siakam will have to play with him, therefore there really won't be an actually bench unit role either as neither Flynn or Banton have proven as of yet they can provide enough support in a consistent matter.
        Well I think Thad counts as a playmaker so if you pare him with one other starting guy then you have two.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yes, it is. We should at least try it. If it fails, fine.
          Shouldn't it be the line with Gary which has the higher potential be the one you should try first? The line with Precious is the the lower potential safety net.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Shouldn't it be the line with Gary which has the higher potential be the one you should try first? The line with Precious is the the lower potential safety net.
            actually no precious has way higher potential if reached.. more athletic way better physical tools... if he can figure out the offensive end of the ball to be 3 and D to the level he was at the end of the season with free throw shooting... yikes league better watch out. Especially if he can shoot with any sort of consistent volume.

Comment

• I think you guys are hyping up Precious way too much, and there are going to be Posters on here that are going to turn on him. He is developing, he's going to have growing pains. Quoting Kawhi here "Don't get too high, and don't get too low"... he's going to be a good to great player, it might not be this year.

Comment

• Read that the competition for the final spot is going to be between Champenny, Wilson and Jackson. It's a no brainer who should get the final spot, no? there's really no competition.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ya easy on the precious hype. Maybe most importantly he needs to shoot better fts. I hate centres who cant shoot fts. I think the raps do too we’ve always had c’s that can shoot fts well. Its crucial for a C

Comment

• Otto Porter injured already? what a shocker. Great signing.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Otto Porter injured already? what a shocker. Great signing.

Lol
                      Don't worry, he will be healthy in time for the playoffs

Comment

Otto Porter injured already? what a shocker. Great signing.

Him & Anthony Davis are like an injury meme.

We need to bubble wrap him until the playoffs it's the only way.

Comment

• The defensive look of the Raptors is completely morphed by whether we start Precious or Gary. I think I know which way Nurse is going to lean, because I think the starting lineup will be adequately strong enough offensively without Gary in there.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I think you guys are hyping up Precious way too much, and there are going to be Posters on here that are going to turn on him. He is developing, he's going to have growing pains. Quoting Kawhi here "Don't get too high, and don't get too low"... he's going to be a good to great player, it might not be this year.
                            im purely talking about potential here im not expecting that but who has the higher ceiling between him and gary.. him.

Comment

• Back from the scrimmage. Looks like the real beat writer beat me to it but ya Otto khem and thad all DNP. Otto was walking slow as hell when they did player intros so didn't look like he has much movement.

As for the guys who did play, it was Gary with the first string and 2nd string was dalano, Flynn, jancho, precious, boucher.

Koloko got some run with a few of the starters and had some nice dunks off ball movement that found him under the basket and a sweet block from behind on Chris.

Delano looked miles better then Flynn. Was attacking and making tough layups at the basket. Flynn honestly looked like he belonged with the Jeff dowtins and Josh Jackson's in terms of skill level.

Scottie looks huge, I think he was 2nd only to koloko in height.

Outside the main 7 guys the dudes who looked the best were Dalano, DJ, koloko and juancho in that order.

Rico hines also got a nice pop from the crowd when they introduced him which you could tell he appreciated and was a cool moment.

OH ya and Nav is a rich raptors phsycopath. Made the trip across the country to watch a hour and a half scrimmage.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Read that the competition for the final spot is going to be between Champenny, Wilson and Jackson. It's a no brainer who should get the final spot, no? there's really no competition.
                                If we're to believe Nick, it changes everyday...

I'd say Banton has gotta be a lock --- and then for me, I just don't see the sense in keeping DJ...

Not long ago I would've assumed Justin would be back for sure. However I'd suppose Jackson could make it interesting...

Comment

Working...
                                X