Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope it's Champagnie and Banton. I think Wilson is gone for sure. We've had a lot of guys like Jackson in the past, can defend but really struggle on offence... there is a good chance he'll stick around

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Back from the scrimmage. Looks like the real beat writer beat me to it but ya Otto khem and thad all DNP. Otto was walking slow as hell when they did player intros so didn't look like he has much movement.

As for the guys who did play, it was Gary with the first string and 2nd string was dalano, Flynn, jancho, precious, boucher.

Koloko got some run with a few of the starters and had some nice dunks off ball movement that found him under the basket and a sweet block from behind on Chris.

Delano looked miles better then Flynn. Was attacking and making tough layups at the basket. Flynn honestly looked like he belonged with the Jeff dowtins and Josh Jackson's in terms of skill level.

Scottie looks huge, I think he was 2nd only to koloko in height.

Outside the main 7 guys the dudes who looked the best were Dalano, DJ, koloko and juancho in that order.

Rico hines also got a nice pop from the crowd when they introduced him which you could tell he appreciated and was a cool moment.

OH ya and Nav is a rich raptors phsycopath. Made the trip across the country to watch a hour and a half scrimmage.
      All this chatter about Dalano lately has got me hyped up for seeing him this season. Sounds a lot like he is a lock for a rotation spot.

Curious how JJ looked out there? Thought he might be a darkhorse coming into training camp.

Comment

• Good to see the boys playing finally. First televised game is tomorrow against Utah at 6pm. I believe that one is in Edmonton.

Svi looked great last pre season so really not expecting much. Even the rotation doesn't mean anything.

So Porter is already hurt. That's super awesome.

Comment

• I don’t think he’ll be the guy but DJ gives us big man depth (with wing skills) while Champagnie is the better wing. Do we need big man depth more than wing depth?

Kinda, but not really. Who’s the better locker room presence as a bench warmer?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            I don’t think he’ll be the guy but DJ gives us big man depth (with wing skills) while Champagnie is the better wing. Do we need big man depth more than wing depth?

Kinda, but not really. Who’s the better locker room presence as a bench warmer?
            i'd argue that DJ wilson may be overly redundant because of Bo Cruz

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I’m pretty sure DJ can play better centre-defense than Juancho but again I don’t know if that matters (as Nurse would probably prefer OG or Young or virtually anyone at centre)

Comment

• Don’t forget 7’3 wingspan

Comment

I'd say DJ is more of a 4/5 where as Hernangomez is more of a 2/3. If we're talking redundancy I think its Josh vs Juan and DJ vs Justin.

If Juancho is a lock, and it feels that way, then Josh is the guy we likely cut.

Then it becomes Wilson vs Champagnie. Champagnie got hurt so we didn't see him in summer league, but he had more of an impact during his time on the team last year than DJ did in my opinion. Justin is a pretty good rebounder and has improved his corner 3pt shot. Plus he has good chemistry with Banton which is a bonus.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'd say DJ is more of a 4/5 where as Hernangomez is more of a 2/3. If we're talking redundancy I think its Josh vs Juan and DJ vs Justin.

If Juancho is a lock, and it feels that way, then Josh is the guy we likely cut.

Then it becomes Wilson vs Champagnie. Champagnie got hurt so we didn't see him in summer league, but he had more of an impact during his time on the team last year than DJ did in my opinion. Justin is a pretty good rebounder and has improved his corner 3pt shot. Plus he has good chemistry with Banton which is a bonus.
                    yeah I think Josh gets cut without question.... but don't we only have two spots total? So Banton gets one and you are saying Justin gets the other. I agree with that.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

All this chatter about Dalano lately has got me hyped up for seeing him this season. Sounds a lot like he is a lock for a rotation spot.

Curious how JJ looked out there? Thought he might be a darkhorse coming into training camp.
                      JJ didn't really stand out to me in anything he did. He didn't get a lot of time.

I kinda think some of the guys like him and dowtin etc were thinking the fans arnt here to see me im going to force shots or try to do to much.

I would say likely that Nick talked to those end of bench guys battling for a spot and told them tonight is just for fun we arnt evaluating based on this, cause those guys were kinda just going through the motions
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

JJ didn't really stand out to me in anything he did. He didn't get a lot of time.

I kinda think some of the guys like him and dowtin etc were thinking the fans arnt here to see me im going to force shots or try to do to much.

I would say likely that Nick talked to those end of bench guys battling for a spot and told them tonight is just for fun we arnt evaluating based on this, cause those guys were kinda just going through the motions
                        How's Dalano's shooting?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

How's Dalano's shooting?
                          Didn't take a lot of outside shots during the games mostly attacking the basket. His form looks better then last year though
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

yeah I think Josh gets cut without question.... but don't we only have two spots total? So Banton gets one and you are saying Justin gets the other. I agree with that.
                            We're allowed 15 guys and then 2 two-way guys.. we brought 20 to camp.. so 3 have to get cut. Gabe Brown is going to get an exhibit 10 which means G-league deal. So he's one. That leaves 2 guys. I think those 2 guys will be DJ and Josh.

We could also cut Dowtin and/or Harper and then give DJ a 2-way deal. Josh is not qualified for a 2-way contract because he's been in the league too long.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

We're allowed 15 guys and then 2 two-way guys.. we brought 20 to camp.. so 3 have to get cut. Gabe Brown is going to get an exhibit 10 which means G-league deal. So he's one. That leaves 2 guys. I think those 2 guys will be DJ and Josh.

We could also cut Dowtin and/or Harper and then give DJ a 2-way deal. Josh is not qualified for a 2-way contract because he's been in the league too long.
                              I like the idea of holding on to Dowtin for some extreme pg depth, in case of emergency. And I thought he's shown some pretty great stuff.

Harper meanwhile... summer league didn't really exhibit much to say he's ready to play a single NBA minute. ... Depends I guess whether they see something there for the future and wanna keep developing him.

Any chance they swap DJ (or Champagnie even) to that 2-way spot and give another exhibit 10 to Harper, or just get him in the 905 system somehow? I just read you can have 6 exhibit 10s. .... is that highly unlikely though, given that they already signed him to a 2way, I wonder?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I like the idea of holding on to Dowtin for some extreme pg depth, in case of emergency. And I thought he's shown some pretty great stuff.

Harper meanwhile... summer league didn't really exhibit much to say he's ready to play a single NBA minute. ... Depends I guess whether they see something there for the future and wanna keep developing him.

Any chance they swap DJ (or Champagnie even) to that 2-way spot and give another exhibit 10 to Harper, or just get him in the 905 system somehow? I just read you can have 6 exhibit 10s. .... is that highly unlikely though, given that they already signed him to a 2way, I wonder?
                                I think the guarantee is like $500K.. so we'd eat a little bit, but it's not do or die.

The problem with exhibit 10's is that they can still be pouched from other teams. So if we really like Harper and want to develop him, but sign him to an exhibit 10, we could lose him to another team.

2 ways can't be pouched, but they can only play in 50 regular season games, and can't play in the play offs.

I wish the NBA allowed for more 2-way contracts. Or to change the language around exhibit 10's so that they can't be pouched. Teams that do a great job in developing players like the Raptors should be able to keep the guys they developed and not lose them.

Comment

Working...
                                X