Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

How's Dalano's shooting?
    its better but a work in progress

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think the guarantee is like $500K.. so we'd eat a little bit, but it's not do or die.

The problem with exhibit 10's is that they can still be pouched from other teams. So if we really like Harper and want to develop him, but sign him to an exhibit 10, we could lose him to another team.

2 ways can't be pouched, but they can only play in 50 regular season games, and can't play in the play offs.

I wish the NBA allowed for more 2-way contracts. Or to change the language around exhibit 10's so that they can't be pouched. Teams that do a great job in developing players like the Raptors should be able to keep the guys they developed and not lose them.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

We're allowed 15 guys and then 2 two-way guys.. we brought 20 to camp.. so 3 have to get cut. Gabe Brown is going to get an exhibit 10 which means G-league deal. So he's one. That leaves 2 guys. I think those 2 guys will be DJ and Josh.

We could also cut Dowtin and/or Harper and then give DJ a 2-way deal. Josh is not qualified for a 2-way contract because he's been in the league too long.
        I was not even considering guys like gabe brown

Comment

• I wonder how Champagnie’s been shooting. Otto being out could give him a glimpse at some minutes in the first month or two if he’s been impressing.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

So basically Fred, Scottie & Siakam will have to play with him, therefore there really won't be an actually bench unit role either as neither Flynn or Banton have proven as of yet they can provide enough support in a consistent matter.
            One of those three, yes, and if that disqualifies a unit from being a bench unit that's good news because we won't play a bench unit all year.

Trent should come off the bench to provide scoring alongside one of the teams primary creators, scoring that otherwise would be lacking when less than all three of those creators are playing. None of this means he wouldn't be playing a bench role.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Shouldn't it be the line with Gary which has the higher potential be the one you should try first? The line with Precious is the the lower potential safety net.
              I disagree wholeheartedly. The small group has fundamental issues (in terms of role, matchups, compatibility) I suspect they will never and likely can never outgrow. The lineup with Precious has incredible upside and if anything is the lower floor lineup if his progression is particularly nonlinear.

Also we already know just how bad the small starting group is. With a very significant sample. We should try to pull a similarly sized sample for the alternative before defaulting to a group that already proved mediocre at best.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bobby Marks has the Raps as a play in team.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• No game thread? Gary is starting. Precious off the bench.

Comment

• At this rate I don't know if Justin can keep his place on the team (as he is out with an injury.. again).

Comment

At this rate I don't know if Justin can keep his place on the team (as he is out with an injury.. again).

Blake has serious ityping ssues

Comment

• Matt Devlin’s voice again! Inject it in my veins.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Bobby Marks has the Raps as a play in team.
                          Can’t prove’em if they expect us to win

Comment

• Looks like Tyler Herro set the market for sharpshooters off the bench with a 4 year deal worth $130 million dollars!.

GTJ got to be thinking now that coming off the bench ain't such a bad deal after all...

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Matt Devlin’s voice again! Inject it in my veins.
                              Matty was pressed into service a few times on the Jays broadcast this summer.

He is way better suited for Raps basketball.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

Looks like Tyler Herro set the market for sharpshooters off the bench with a 4 year deal worth $130 million dollars!.

GTJ got to be thinking now that coming off the bench ain't such a bad deal after all...
                                Is it just me or is that an awful lot of money and term for Tyler...
                                32.5M$ per for 4 years.

Is it Russell Westbrook bad ?
                                Or Chandler Parsons bad ?
                                Or... is this good. ?
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Oct 3, 2022, 09:01 AM.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X