Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 PreSeason - 3 Weeks to Camp Opening - Where Do The Raps Stack up in the East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Jackson has been pretty impressive in his chances. Way more so than Juancho. But so hard to judge form pre-season, Svi looked good last year...
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Josh Jackson has been pretty impressive in his chances. Way more so than Juancho. But so hard to judge form pre-season, Svi looked good last year...
      I kinda feel like Champagnie is the odd man out if we keep Jackson, I think Juancho is safe for sure.

Comment

Josh Jackson has been pretty impressive in his chances. Way more so than Juancho. But so hard to judge form pre-season, Svi looked good last year...
        That's the thing with Josh Jackson, he's got the T-Ross game. Will tease you with his athleticism and scoring for a few games and than just falls off. However at this point Juancho also has even a smaller sample of being red hot 10-15 games and than nothing the other 10-15 games.

Primer wrote: View Post

I kinda feel like Champagnie is the odd man out if we keep Jackson, I think Juancho is safe for sure.
        If the Raptors believe that his 3 point shot from the G league is real and getting better they won't let him go. Champagnie is only 21 years old and does things on the floor well without scoring.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

'Chill + winky face' is outta bounds but 'Way to go out on a limb + winky face' is cool.

Got it.

You're an enigma G.
          And enigma is fighting words

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
            All this enthusiasm is making me nervous, lol.

I consider myself a diehard Raptor optimist, in general.

This season's gonna be crazy, though. With the strength of the conference I could honestly imagine finishing anywhere from 1st to 9th depending on how things shake out. Less than 8th would certainly be shocking -- I definitely lean towards the higher side and have the utmost confidence in this squad -- but every game is gonna be a battle this year. Very few gimme teams out there -- and a lot that are right in the mix with everybody else.

Parity like never before. Can't wait to watch it unfold. Never gonna be a dull moment.
            My man.
            Is there a number in there ?
            Even homecourt yes or no to homecourt leaning ?
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Home court advantage in the 1st round has to be the goal, and then obviously winning that round. I expect Masai to make a move at some point, but also expect he'll be patient in assessing what he has, what he needs, what's available and whether that moves the needle enough to push in some chips.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

My man.
                Is there a number in there ?
                Even homecourt yes or no to homecourt leaning ?
                If I'm being pushed I'll go with Scottie Barnes and say #4.

(Although he did come in #1 in ROTY voting.)

Comment

svi had moments but showed a better skillset in one area from what I remember max two. his defence was ok and he could shoot and hit his shots.. his transition decision making was bad even in the preseason. But I agree preseason form is sometimes a tricky thing.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

That's the thing with Josh Jackson, he's got the T-Ross game. Will tease you with his athleticism and scoring for a few games and than just falls off. However at this point Juancho also has even a smaller sample of being red hot 10-15 games and than nothing the other 10-15 games.

If the Raptors believe that his 3 point shot from the G league is real and getting better they won't let him go. Champagnie is only 21 years old and does things on the floor well without scoring.
                    Champagnie is only 21 but Jackson is only 25 and he was the 4th overall pick in 2017 so I'd assume his ceiling is higher than Champagnie if things are finally clicking for him (looks like it in these preseason games against opposing bench units).

I'm fine either way since we're taking about the 15th roster spot, but I don't think age will play any factor here. Jackson is taking maximum advantage of Champagnie being out hurt all summer and preseason.

Comment

• https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...rs/1643315001/

Young guys f up sometimes. Hopefully he turned the corner

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Champagnie is only 21 but Jackson is only 25 and he was the 4th overall pick in 2017 so I'd assume his ceiling is higher than Champagnie if things are finally clicking for him (looks like it in these preseason games against opposing bench units).

I'm fine either way since we're taking about the 15th roster spot, but I don't think age will play any factor here. Jackson is taking maximum advantage of Champagnie being out hurt all summer and preseason.
                        I'm pretty intrigued about the possibilities with Jackson, and what he gives us that we lack.

I followed him pretty closely at times through fantasy over the last couple seasons as a deep streaming option and was always confused by how he'd have a really good game and put up some solid numbers, and then just not get any run at all the next game. Not seemingly cause he played badly. Casey just wouldn't play him (this might be over-simplification.) I noticed that trend though with several of their other youngish players... What we're experiencing now of testing the deep end of the roster in preseason... well... that was pretty much Detroit's entire season. Whole bunch of young guys with potential... very few of which clearly stood out above the rest as key pieces for the future, obviously outside of Cade. I wonder if there could still be a sort of diamond in the rough of sorts there with JJ, if the Raptors org is able to pull something off. Maybe Rico can sort him out. His shot from deep has certainly been abysmal for most of his time at the NBA level. And he's had trouble with turnovers.

I do see him as someone with a pretty decisive inside game, more so than most of our roster. And someone who can be pretty comfortable with the ball in his hands (if he can keep the turnovers down.)

I'm not as down on Juancho as some people are... but I'd definitely love to find a way to keep Josh.

Gonna be valuable minutes over these last 3 preseason games for these guys to prove their case (in the right way... no hero-ball like DJ on a few occasions last night.)

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                          https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...rs/1643315001/

Young guys f up sometimes. Hopefully he turned the corner
                          I'd be extremely cautious.
                          2nd or 3rd chances are laudable, but l doubt the Raptors is one organization that can handle baggages like this.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The thing is Jackson never reached his ceiling but only teased with his abilities. During the draft most analysts believed that Jackson had higher ceiling than Jason Tatum! now after 5 seasons Tatum has constantly gotten better while Jackson has not and remained inconsistent. Therefore it's not ceiling you should think about but his floor. What is the minimum consistency you could get out of him at this point?! I would probably have to say that he is closer to the player he has shown us and that is an athletic wing player that can score in spurts with his 2 point shooting and transition plays + good defense but also disappear and give you very little. The question is can he do it on a consistent basis in limited minutes and be satisfied with that role?! I am willing to bet he probably still sees himself as a starter and will jump ship as soon as someone believes he can (which might be next summer) or fail in that role and possibly be out of the league by next summer.

At least with Champagnie at the moment he knows his role & understands it while giving you good enough defense, rebounding and possibly better 3 point shooting in limited number of minutes . The problem is that you still view Jackson with a bright enough lenses and still believe that since he is a top 4 pick & under the Raptors coaching staff he can finally be that great player he meant to be...and I say it's highly unlikely.

Comment

• JJ is more talented than Banton and Flynn, it comes down to whether he can stay focused on basketball. He's on the right team to find.

Comment

Definitely some rangy pop there, reminiscent of…Caris Lavert? Maybe a shade or two of Latrell Sprewell? Ross definitely comes to mind as well with that lean-athletic body type.

Doubly hard to know up from down when the primary competition hasn’t been playing. Seriously mystery box stuff. And I’ve never seen competition like this for 15-17th spots, could m even Rob Harper get bumped?

Comment

Working...
                                X