X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge
    replied
    Doc wrote: View Post

I'm not surprised. Knowing you if you did have money, it would be with Monopoly bills anyways.
    How very dare you????

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Appreciate the feedback! SJ and I go waaaaaay back. Basically, late 90's when message boards were just becoming popular.
    Fair enough. I don't know the history, just didn't read well to me at first blush

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Just one man's opinion, but if you want to represent RR in this discussion, the above post isn't necessary or helpful.
    Appreciate the feedback! SJ and I go waaaaaay back. Basically, late 90's when message boards were just becoming popular.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Signed up just in time for the season opener. No problem supporting the RR crowd. Premium content.
    Much appreciated Puffer!!! Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

I'm not surprised. Knowing you if you did have money, it would be with Monopoly bills anyways.
    Just one man's opinion, but if you want to represent RR in this discussion, the above post isn't necessary or helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied

Signed up just in time for the season opener. No problem supporting the RR crowd. Premium content.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    The Republic should be a case study in modern journalism one day. Best of luck and well deserved

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Paradigm Shift wrote: View Post
    Over the last few years, I have been contributing a monthly donation to RR's Patreon page. Will you be recognizing those contributions as a subscription?
    We'll give you a free subscription. Please send an email to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com with your Patreon email. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post

I ain't paying to read opinions. I watch the games.

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shift
    replied
    Over the last few years, I have been contributing a monthly donation to RR's Patreon page. Will you be recognizing those contributions as a subscription?

Leave a comment:

• Kuh
    replied
    One way to consider gating it: I never watch videos. It sucks to pay more so you can create content I don't consume. Have you considered a read only membership at say $3 (or even better $20 or something for the season so I don't have to give you recurring, just a one-off payment), and a read plus video at $6?

P.S. My ideal would be micro-payments. Charge up my account via a credit card with $5 every so often, and pay you $0.05-0.10 for every article I read. I wish more content providers would do that. I'd love to pay that way.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied

RIP? How did you come up with that outcome? LOL

We're not charging to use the forums. We're charging for premium content from some of our notable writers. We want to be considered in the "mainstream" so if we can continue to grow the site, we hope to retain writers like Samson, Louis, Oren, etc. , and not have them go elsewhere.

Anyhow, thanks for your optimism!
    I ain't paying to read opinions. I watch the games.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Ah, got it.. thx. As long as you don't change the forums... we good. Keep on keepin' on.

Good luck to Samson, Louis & Oren, etc.... Paywall or not, if they are talented writers (and they are) they will eventually move onward and upward. The cream rises.

I've been on here long enough to remember William Lou (ddaylewis, lol) starting on here as a humble journalism student asking posters questions about basketball to help him learn the game. Lots of respect to that guy. Hopefully the others can follow his (and Blake Murphy's) path.
    I do rather enjoy that RR has sent several writers to the big leagues, and they provide the best Raptors coverage around. I follow a lot of teams and sports and this is by far the best team focused blog I read.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

RIP? How did you come up with that outcome? LOL

We're not charging to use the forums. We're charging for premium content from some of our notable writers. We want to be considered in the "mainstream" so if we can continue to grow the site, we hope to retain writers like Samson, Louis, Oren, etc. , and not have them go elsewhere.

Anyhow, thanks for your optimism!
    Ah, got it.. thx. As long as you don't change the forums... we good. Keep on keepin' on.

Good luck to Samson, Louis & Oren, etc.... Paywall or not, if they are talented writers (and they are) they will eventually move onward and upward. The cream rises.

I've been on here long enough to remember William Lou (ddaylewis, lol) starting on here as a humble journalism student asking posters questions about basketball to help him learn the game. Lots of respect to that guy. Hopefully the others can follow his (and Blake Murphy's) path.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Good luck. $6/month is more than reasonable for the content that RR provides. Reading the post, I'm actually surprised at how much stuff you are leaving for free. Keep producing good work and it will attract people.
    With you on this Slaw. I pay a monthly fee for Netflix (I don't even know how much it is) and pay for the Athletic but spend far more time on RR than either of those. Every morning I am checking out the forums, particularly the hot takes from the usual suspects, the articles, the videos and some of the podcasts. I will happily kick in the cost of one morning at Starbucks a month. Just keep doing it guys. You are doing it right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X