Idea: Carmelo to the Raptors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    It's funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday. He's hard to stop offensively. But yea, he's expensive. Bulls still have a better chance of snagging him by signing and trading both Butler and Gibson straight up.
    I think the Bulls would pass on that trade now. Maybe before this season, that would be something they would consider, but Gibson and Butler bring so much more to the table than Melo IMO, and I would hope the Bulls know this. Butler is probably the best two way 2 guard in the game right now.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
      I think the Bulls would pass on that trade now. Maybe before this season, that would be something they would consider, but Gibson and Butler bring so much more to the table than Melo IMO, and I would hope the Bulls know this. Butler is probably the best two way 2 guard in the game right now.
      Bulls more likely to swap Rose for Melo. They're going all in on Butler as the future and can't count on Rose. Melo is a bad contract with 4 years left.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Bulls more likely to swap Rose for Melo. They're going all in on Butler as the future and can't count on Rose. Melo is a bad contract with 4 years left.
        With the cap bumping up significantly, Melo is a bad contract for two years, and a potentially reasonable one for two more.

I assume that if this were to take place, Calderon would be on the move again (because they'd get better value for him than Prigioni). I also assume that Chicago only does this if they're convinced Rose be a combination of never completely healthy and never the same player he once was for very long.

Defense-first Coach Thibs being given Melo to work with is irresistible force meets immovable object, though.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          They only made it to OT because of him. He's surrounded by junk.
          Two points...he may have shot them into OT but he sure as hell shot them out of the game in it. You may have a point on the "junk" desc. but some how that is the constant narrative Carmelo and his posse keep putting out there....in Denver and now in NY. Always the excuse. The problem is he insists on comparing himself with the likes of Kobe & James and these guys have lead crap teams to levels they had no business getting to. Melo is a dead eye shooter but "superstar", "leader" and "generational" are not terms I would attach to his persona.

Comment

Working...
          X