X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Disregarding the attitude issues and that he would never want to play here, and just looking from a basketball stand point....Melo is a hell of player. You surround him with high IQ players like Lowry, Amir and Lou and you'd have a rely talented teams hat could challenge any team in the East.
    Raptors are first without Melo. With him it'll be .500 or under plus headaches.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    Disregarding the attitude issues and that he would never want to play here, and just looking from a basketball stand point....Melo is a hell of player. You surround him with high IQ players like Lowry, Amir and Lou and you'd have a rely talented teams hat could challenge any team in the East.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    Melo would not fit in our system

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    F@!K NO..MELO don't play team ball,definitely pass.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Melo would try to beat up TROSS and we can't have that! Looool

Leave a comment:

• bryan colangelo
    replied
    Melo has diva/knucklehead warnings plastered all over him.

He would be disastrous on the Raptors.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    If you have a chance to trade for Melo, without gutting your roster, you do it.

That said, I think the Knicks would ask too much, and Ujiri is intimately familiar with superstar trade negotiations, so I doubt he would bite.
    Knick are 4-20 with him. Anybody who makes 25M over 5 years should make their team an Eastern Conference playoff team regardless of other players. Thought quiz - if LBJ replaced Melo what would the Knickjs record be? If Lowry replaced Melo they might be .500 at least. Honestly there are at least 2-3 dozen players that would turn that roster into at least respectable. Bosh had less and did better.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    If you have a chance to trade for Melo, without gutting your roster, you do it.

That said, I think the Knicks would ask too much, and Ujiri is intimately familiar with superstar trade negotiations, so I doubt he would bite.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    Yeah I know
    I am just saying if New York offered Melo (theoretically), we should take Amare instead
    Agreed but then I'd just take Acy over either. Or just tell therm both then giggle and run away.

Leave a comment:

• Triplethreat89
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    We don't have enough garbage to trade for Amare. If we got Eric Gordon we could flip his contract with our shit and barely match that turd deal.
    Yeah I know
    I am just saying if New York offered Melo (theoretically), we should take Amare instead

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    I would much rather see Raptors take Amare, rather than Melo.
    shorter contract and much safer bet
    We all know most players give it their best on contract year
    We don't have enough garbage to trade for Amare. If we got Eric Gordon we could flip his contract with our shit and barely match that turd deal.

Leave a comment:

• Triplethreat89
    replied
    I would much rather see Raptors take Amare, rather than Melo.
    shorter contract and much safer bet
    We all know most players give it their best on contract year

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Day One wrote: View Post
    bahahahahah honestly I do not think our gm has ever showing anything to suggest he would be so dumb to think melo would help us win. MU comes across to me as an intelligent man and I fell the general public views him the same way.

secondly as terrible run a franchise as New York is im sure they must understand by now that you should not make trades with teams in your own division. plus I would think the owner will not allow MU to take advantage of them agian lol

until melo is ready to be a second or third option on a team, thus expelling way less energy on offense so he can save some for defensive effort he will continue to lose 45 plus games a year.

a better question for a thread would be how many teams would actually want melo on their team at this current moment
    Our GM was the first one to dump him. Only reason to get Melo is to flip him again to another sucker.

Leave a comment:

• Day One
    replied
    bahahahahah honestly I do not think our gm has ever showing anything to suggest he would be so dumb to think melo would help us win. MU comes across to me as an intelligent man and I fell the general public views him the same way.

secondly as terrible run a franchise as New York is im sure they must understand by now that you should not make trades with teams in your own division. plus I would think the owner will not allow MU to take advantage of them agian lol

until melo is ready to be a second or third option on a team, thus expelling way less energy on offense so he can save some for defensive effort he will continue to lose 45 plus games a year.

a better question for a thread would be how many teams would actually want melo on their team at this current moment

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Does Melo fit the vision of what the Raptors are aspiring to be?

Has Melo ever given any indication that he's interested in playing in markets that aren't deemed "big" by American mainstream?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    From what I can tell, the situation seems to be quite tenuousinNY....maybe both Melo and the Knicks would be desperate enough (for different reasons) to take the Raptors as a partner.

I feel like the unwashed trying to make a case for getting him here!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X