Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON 2022-23 Toronto vs. Chicago (October 9, 2022 12:00 EST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jackson is pressing a bit this quarter

Comment

that green dunk was nasty

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

They won’t play Porter until he’s 100% ready. No sense aggravating anything for preseason. He won’t take long to fit in. Flynn isn’t a big deal - there’s no room in the rotation for him.
        Hopefully Otto is 100% at least for one preseason game to get acclimated and work out the kinks.

Still also hopeful for Malachi especially some of the positive we heard about him in the offseason.

10-12th guy behind Banton would give NN some leeway to taper down the minutes of VanVleet

Comment

This preseason is nerve racking for these non-guaranteed guys, playing for their lives

Comment

dowtin has been impressive in preseason

Comment

Good point from Matt Devlin….there are nights that they have to play 9-10 guys

Nurse, I hope he does not run his starters to the ground…again

VanVleet most especially

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                dowtin has been impressive in preseason
                Yeah, he’s played well. I don’t see much difference between him and Flynn in terms of quality to be honest. He’s on a 2-way, right?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Yeah, he’s played well. I don’t see much difference between him and Flynn in terms of quality to be honest. He’s on a 2-way, right?
                  he is ...if we had a spot I would convert him and trade flynn but it isn't the case

Comment

Was a fun first half. Everyone was hitting their shots. Some good ball movement. Great defense. And then the wheels kind of fell off starting the 3rd. Bulls just went on a big run, we stopped scoring. You know the usual drill. Fred made his first couple of 3's and then just went ice cold. His consistency is going to be an issue I think. He still ended up with 5 steals though. Scottie was again passive for most of the game. 6 field goal attempts, and no assists. Did a good job on the boards though. Precious had some good moves, but he's still very erratic. I think that stops when the regular season begins. Gary was our best, most consistent player on offense.

DeMar picked apart our defense. Vucevic size was a concern for a lot of the game too. What's up with Drummond hitting 3's? They looked really good too.

Off the bench I felt like Banton had another solid outing. Not really impressed with anyone else. Josh looked terrible a second game in a row now. He was 1-9 last night. Hernangomez was still mostly invisible. Wilson wasn't great. Finally got to see Champagnie, but he didn't really do anything in his 8 minutes. Not sure why Koloko only got 6 minutes. I remember Vuc cooking him on a nice play.. but you can't really do much in 6 minutes. Still registered a block. I also see that Harper got 4 minutes.. and was a -9. That's ugly. But it felt like the Raptors just wanted the game over when they got down like 10 points in the 4th again.

Comment

Working...
                    X