Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The thing that scares me most about Harris is injuries. I'm sure there are some problems in his game, but he's young, so it's possible (obviously not a guarantee) he can work on them and improve....

    But injuries are injuries, and Harris seems to have something every season.
    Ankle injuries this year and last year.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

    Comment


    • Superjudge wrote: View Post
      If Toronto doesn't target, then land durant..... I'm not really interested in whoever else....
      Simplicity.

      Comment


      • the more i think about it the less i think it's a good idea to "wait" for durant. you're talking about a tremendous amount of resources for the chance to sign him. i think we have a decent shot... but it's literally just a shot, and unless there was some kind of heat-tampering-deal in place for us to shed salaries to have him come in i just don't know if it's a good idea.

        swap out ross+DD and insert jimmy butler+arron affalo and you're looking at a huge upgrade, not only offensively but especially defensively.
        @sweatpantsjer

        Comment


        • ceez wrote: View Post
          the more i think about it the less i think it's a good idea to "wait" for durant. you're talking about a tremendous amount of resources for the chance to sign him. i think we have a decent shot... but it's literally just a shot, and unless there was some kind of heat-tampering-deal in place for us to shed salaries to have him come in i just don't know if it's a good idea.

          swap out ross+DD and insert jimmy butler+arron affalo and you're looking at a huge upgrade, not only offensively but especially defensively.
          It's not just Durant though. It's Horford, Deron Williams, Noah, Parsons, Drummond, Harrison Barnes, Howard, Conley, Anthony Davis, Dragic, Lillard, Batum, Beal, etc.

          Comment


          • Nilanka wrote: View Post
            It's not just Durant though. It's Horford, Deron Williams, Noah, Parsons, Drummond, Harrison Barnes, Howard, Conley, Anthony Davis, Dragic, Lillard, Batum, Beal, etc.
            Raps need assets not cap space in 2016. A sign and trade to the Pelicans with picks might pry AD or another RFA depending on where the Pelicans view the future. No team will have enough cap space to sign Durant outright and still be competitive.

            Comment


            • yeah i forgot about beal

              jimmy butler + beal would be so hot
              @sweatpantsjer

              Comment


              • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                It's not just Durant though. It's Horford, Deron Williams, Noah, Parsons, Drummond, Harrison Barnes, Howard, Conley, Anthony Davis, Dragic, Lillard, Batum, Beal, etc.
                The younger group of guys .. Barnes / Drummond / Davis / Lilliard / Beal are RFA's and no team would let those assets go for nothing. The game is pretty one sided when trying to pry out an RFA from any team. They have bird rights and its just bad business to let an asset go for nothing.

                UFA can go where ever they want. We have legit shots at signing UFA guys. RFA's not so much.
                Its still a BIG year for FA.

                In 2016 top tier game changer type UFA's include Horford / Durant / Noah .. Lebron's eligible but its pretty low odds he walks on Cleveland a second time.
                Lots of second tier guys available that can push you up the ladder as well... Ryan Anderson/ Luol Deng / Thad Young / Aaron Afalo / Wilson Chandler / Dragic (he can opt out this year as well)/ Nick Batum

                and we have to make decisions on our own RFA's JV + TRoss and our UFA's Demar (he can opt last year of his deal)/ Vasquez

                Never ends ..
                And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                Comment


                • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  The younger group of guys .. Barnes / Drummond / Davis / Lilliard / Beal are RFA's and no team would let those assets go for nothing. The game is pretty one sided when trying to pry out an RFA from any team. They have bird rights and its just bad business to let an asset go for nothing.

                  UFA can go where ever they want. We have legit shots at signing UFA guys. RFA's not so much.
                  Its still a BIG year for FA.

                  In 2016 top tier game changer type UFA's include Horford / Durant / Noah .. Lebron's eligible but its pretty low odds he walks on Cleveland a second time.
                  Lots of second tier guys available that can push you up the ladder as well... Ryan Anderson/ Luol Deng / Thad Young / Aaron Afalo / Wilson Chandler / Dragic (he can opt out this year as well)/ Nick Batum

                  and we have to make decisions on our own RFA's JV + TRoss and our UFA's Demar (he can opt last year of his deal)/ Vasquez

                  Never ends ..
                  You can get RFA's if you offer them a Landry Fields type deal.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                  Comment


                  • Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                    Have you seen the Hawks' shamsports cap page? They'll have $42M in contracts next season and 4 roster spots to fill. They aren't letting go of Carroll at the very least if they can't re-sign Millsap. And I very much doubt anyone in ATL wants to leave at this point.
                    Yeah, I have. It all depends on who the team wants more. Millsap may ask for max..... and Carroll is a UFA.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                    Comment


                    • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      You can get RFA's if you offer them a Landry Fields type deal.
                      Yes true. You can get Landry Fields type RFA's but its like buying bad fruit at a discount. Sure you can get it. But why would you want to ?
                      And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                      Comment


                      • Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        I'm still not sure they do it. And I'm not sure if Harris over DD makes us that better, if better at all.

                        The argument of Ross being a better factor by playing his natural position is pretty much negated as we already saw him play the 2 this season and his production didn't change at all.
                        They might not, but I make the call.

                        Harris might not make us better next year, but in later years, he might, and not paying DD 20M+ might too.

                        Ross does play better at the 2 than he does at the three. But he also plays much better off the ball. He's not often been given the opportunity to do both.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post
                          They might not, but I make the call.

                          Harris might not make us better next year, but in later years, he might, and not paying DD 20M+ might too.

                          Ross does play better at the 2 than he does at the three. But he also plays much better off the ball. He's not often been given the opportunity to do both.
                          Agree with everything you say. Mainly I think the money difference would make us better. But I just see a lot of risk with this trade, what if Harris can't stay healthy, what if he doesn't live up to his potential, what if Ross can't step up and especially what if our locker room crumbles by trading away a huge core piece.

                          Comment


                          • raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Raps need assets not cap space in 2016. A sign and trade to the Pelicans with picks might pry AD or another RFA depending on where the Pelicans view the future. No team will have enough cap space to sign Durant outright and still be competitive.
                            Hahahahahahahahahahaha

                            Comment


                            • KHD wrote: View Post
                              Hahahahahahahahahahaha
                              Raptors might have a great pick in 2016 from NYK/Denver and NOP may be going nowhere. It's tough to rebuild around a PF.

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                They might not, but I make the call.

                                Harris might not make us better next year, but in later years, he might, and not paying DD 20M+ might too.

                                Ross does play better at the 2 than he does at the three. But he also plays much better off the ball. He's not often been given the opportunity to do both.
                                The Magic has been starting Gordon over Harris. Sounds like he wants to go back to New York (He grew up there i think), so they may be playing him less to bring his price down. Still seems like they don't see him as a part of their long term future by not starting him, but I'm not sure exactly what they are doing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X