Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Is nobody interested in what Greg Monroe could bring to Toronto. At least he is available. I doubt millsap leaves AOL with them playing like a team on the rise.
    I agree, Monroe is a more realistic target at this point. ATL will be willing to pay Millsap the most, and they have a really good thing going there. Detroit is a dumpster fire and they made Monroe take the QO since they wouldn't give him a good offer.
    I think Monroe's defense would improve a bunch under Casey, and that's the main knock on him.

Comment

that and it is claimed he wants the max for which he has done nothing to prove he deserves
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        I agree, Monroe is a more realistic target at this point. ATL will be willing to pay Millsap the most, and they have a really good thing going there. Detroit is a dumpster fire and they made Monroe take the QO since they wouldn't give him a good offer.
        I think Monroe's defense would improve a bunch under Casey, and that's the main knock on him.
        Also, according to 82games, Monroe plays above average defense at PF (opp 11.7 PER), but below average at C (opp 18.1 PER). So some of those defensive woes could be cleaned up just by moving him to full time PF (he plays slightly more C than PF for Detroit).
        Detroit is also a whopping -13.8 points with Monroe off the court, by far the most on the team. Shows that he really does add a lot more than he gives up.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          that and it is claimed he wants the max for which he has done nothing to prove he deserves
          Max deal under this cap is not so bad once the cap jumps, especially for a player signing their 1st long term deal. It all depends on what other teams offer him.

Comment

Can't see how Monroe starts with DeRozan.

I am not sure in today's game you can start 3 guys who aren't 3 pt threats - or at least competent.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I am not sure in today's game you can start 3 guys who aren't 3 pt threats - or at least competent.
              Are you counting Amir as a 3pt threat?

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                It's because of these factors that I think a sign and trade is probably the best route to go in order to get someone like Millsap so we can stay above the cap and resign our own guys.
                Keep in mind that if if we sign and trade for millsap, we do not get bird rights on him. He signed with Atlanta as a free agent, and has been there only two years. A player needs three years without Changing teams via free agency.

Now, you could trade for him, convince him to take one cheap year, then give him a massive raise in 2015 when you've got his bird rights and new revenue sharing kicks in.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                  Keep in mind that if if we sign and trade for millsap, we do not get bird rights on him. He signed with Atlanta as a free agent, and has been there only two years. A player needs three years without Changing teams via free agency.

Now, you could trade for him, convince him to take one cheap year, then give him a massive raise in 2015 when you've got his bird rights and new revenue sharing kicks in.
                  Millsap will have the Early Bird exception. So can still be above the cap when resigning him.

Comment

Is Monroe any good in the Pick and Roll? Im sure he can fit in well because from what Ive seen, his game is somewhat similar to Amir's, except that the majority of his offence comes from the post (something the Raptors need).

Obviously, I don't think that Monroe can be an anchor on the defensive end like Amir, but I think that like Patterson, he can fit in to Casey's system with time.

Floor stretching will remain an issue though, and we don't want to turn into Detroit 2.0
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                      Floor stretching will remain an issue though, and we don't want to turn into Detroit 2.0
                      Can he hit a 12 footer?
                      Or better yet can he hit a 12 footer with better consistency than Amir?

Offensively Monroe makes sense because having him as our main post up big moves Jonas back into a pick and roll role.

Defensively? Not so much, we'd be stuck with two slow bigs that aren't good at closing out or guarding the pick and roll.

Comment

Monroe would benefit greatly from casey and amir. I feel his defence would see a big jump and his post offence is really needed ( btw he does have range to around 12 feet, an elbow jumper is simple from what I've seen) . I'm sure JV could learn a thing or two. I feel he is a great fit, millsap is out of reach IMO. Atlanta is playing well and he is loved there besides isn't Monroe younger as well... I'm sure he will learn lots from amir.

Comment

With the crash and burn type atmosphere they are in at the moment, I wouldn't doubt they take hans/chuck and a first. Then they get a pick, get some space and get a good bump and grind guy. And why wouldn't Monroe like to join a team obviously doing very well.

Comment

I'd do Hans Chuck and a 1st for Monroe
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                              With the crash and burn type atmosphere they are in at the moment, I wouldn't doubt they take hans/chuck and a first. Then they get a pick, get some space and get a good bump and grind guy. And why wouldn't Monroe like to join a team obviously doing very well.
                              Because he loses his bird rights

Comment

Because he loses his bird rights
                                But it's a great situation

Comment

Working...
                                X