Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Hey, that's just a fact. This guy fills our needs so much it's crazy.

Go ahead and offer him a 4 yrs, 60M$ contract.

Yes, he's a bit undersized. So is Amir. He's a great offensive player and he's a great defensive player too. Not too old, plus our roster is young enough. Averages more than 2 steals per game this year (what?).

Then re-sign Amir, Lou and Hayes.

Valanciunas/Johnson/Nogueira
    Millsap/Patterson/Hayes
    Ross/Johnson/Daniels
    DeRozan/Williams/Caboclo
    Lowry/Vasquez/Hanlan

Moderators, you can delete this thread if you want. But I just wanted to share that I REALLY think this is the guy we should go after, and we have a chance to get him. Discuss.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Lots of threads popping up about this guy or that guy the Raps should go after. Thought a specific thread for all the non-Raptor dream acquisitions would be appropriate since 99% are going to be pipe dreams anyways.

Mods feel free to tidy up the breads by merging this one with others or deleting this one period.

My suggestion would be to target Orlando.

They have big money tied up in vucevic plus lots of big early draft pick salaries.

I would be going after Tobias Harris and/or Kyle O'Quinn.

Comment

I'm sure MU will offer a good deal. 4@60 if Millsap agreed is an instant signing. Hawks will overpay IMHO.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        Hey, that's just a fact. This guy fills our needs so much it's crazy.

Go ahead and offer him a 4 yrs, 60M$ contract.

Yes, he's a bit undersized. So is Amir. He's a great offensive player and he's a great defensive player too. Not too old, plus our roster is young enough. Averages more than 2 steals per game this year (what?).

Valanciunas/Johnson/Nogueira
        Millsap/Patterson/Hayes
        Ross/Johnson/Daniels
        DeRozan/Williams/Caboclo
        Lowry/Vasquez/Hanlan

Moderators, you can delete this thread if you want. But I just wanted to share that I REALLY think this is the guy we should go after, and we have a chance to get him. Discuss.
        If we got Millsap we aren't bringing back Amir. No money and minutes left. PF would be all Millsap and PPat. JV will be getting 30+ at C. That leaves about 15 minutes of backup C, a portion of which will probably go to PPat (when he's on the floor with Millsap). If we need a 10 minute per game backup C, that seems well below Amir's pay grade.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          If we do get Paul Milsap, then there won't be enough minutes for him, Amir and Patterson and Amir would ask for 8 million+ per season.

Hayes does one thing well and that is man defense but that is not enough in my opinion to warrant a roster spot as a second big on a winning team. The Raptors should try and get Mozgov as their free agent backup to JV.

I like Lou williams in certain situations and in the right price. First I want to see how he performs in the playoffs and whether his probable asking price of 6 or 7 million dollars to come off the bench will make sense for the Raptors?! Maybe give that money to free agent Danny Green will make more sense.

Comment

This is not free-agency related. but I have a weird feeling Demarcus Cousins gonna ask out of Sacramento........so..

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Tobias Harris is very injury prone. This guy never had healthy season, it's a risk to give up assets for a player thats injury prone.
              Nevermind what haters say,
              ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

If we get Millsap, we won't be able to afford either of Lou or Amir.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

O'Quinn would be a great get for backup C. He can stretch the floor, protect the rim, and has decent mobility for Casey's system. Perfect fit if you are looking at low cost additions (in the case where we stand pat and re-sign Lou and Amir and are just looking to use the MLE).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    If we get Millsap, we won't be able to afford either of Lou or Amir.
                    Lou + Amir+ TH+ Fields + Hayes = 30M+ there is enough for 3 players @ 10M each

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Doesn't work that way. 48mil on the books next year. Add Amir and Lou's cap holds and we'd still need another 15mil free to sign Millsap

Comment

Why could not we bring in Millsap and still bring back Lou and Amir?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Mods feel free to tidy up the breads by merging this one with others or deleting this one period.
                          I think the main way we get ahead is by looking for the crumbs. We should see if we can shake Kyrye Irving loose.

Other targets on my bakers dozen include

is Von Wafer still playing?

but seriously Millsap or bust
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Amir can barely stay on the court... healthy Amir is worth 8 million... broken down Amir is worth 3 or 4
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              If you want to sign another team's free agent you don't just need cash - you need room under the cap. We only have room under the cap if we let Lou and Amir walk.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X