Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if the choice is between lou and amir or millsap...

Comment

really...nobody is laughing at my bread puns...I quit
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

for someone like Millsap in a sign and trade you would be looking at something like

Vasquez/Ross 1st round pick
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          If you want to sign another team's free agent you don't just need cash - you need room under the cap. We only have room under the cap if we let Lou and Amir walk.
          If Millsap wants to sign Toronto can send out contracts like GV and work with Amir and Lou bird rights or do a sign and trade. First get Millsap to agree then shuffle.

Comment

Ross would thrive with Korver at the 3 in the budenhold...bulden... mike's offense

Comment

then you got to ask yourself....if you are Millsap...do I want to leave a team that is doing great, has upside a bit of depth and a fantastic coach?

Comment

hey Dan following up on the dropping both Lou and Amir

that would allow for a 13m dollar offer yes? Anything to be gained by letting Chuck Wagon and Fields walk as well?

Also final follow up can we let guys walk and resign with exceptions instead?

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  then you got to ask yourself....if you are Millsap...do I want to leave a team that is doing great, has upside a bit of depth and a fantastic coach?
                  Depends where the Hawks finish. Tbh the Hawks are better than the Wizard imho but there are a lot of games left to play. If Millsap joined Toronto the Raptors are crazy deep.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Depends where the Hawks finish. Tbh the Hawks are better than the Wizard imho but there are a lot of games left to play. If Millsap joined Toronto the Raptors are crazy deep.
                    I agree but again...if we have to give up assets to make that happen....are we still deep. If for instance you lose Lou and Amir does he more than make up for those two guys?

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      I agree but again...if we have to give up assets to make that happen....are we still deep. If for instance you lose Lou and Amir does he more than make up for those two guys?
                      He adds the points you give up from Lou and adds a legit scorer, passer to the first unit. Still think Toronto could add Lou, Amir and Millsap. 30M in expirings is alot and add GV being one year left and Toronto has a lot of Flexibility.

Comment

Can't think of any off the top of my head, but how great would a guy like McRoberts but with good defensive play be on our team? Don't watch McBob enough to see if he's a good defender or not but an offensive big that's a good hi-lo passer, can stretch the floor well, is mobile, unselfish and can finish would be the perfect pairing with Jonas.

McBob+Jonas offensively is a dream.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          He adds the points you give up from Lou and adds a legit scorer, passer to the first unit. Still think Toronto could add Lou, Amir and Millsap. 30M in expirings is alot and add GV being one year left and Toronto has a lot of Flexibility.
                          You seem to be thinking that as long as signings are less than expirings, we're okay. But that's not how it works. The $30 million in expirings is only really significant for trades. Once it comes to free agency, all that matters is space under the cap, or exceptions. Any new free agent signing needs to still leave us under the cap, or be signed using a exception (like MLE, bird rights, etc.). We've got bird rights on Amir and Lou so there's no problem keeping those guys if we want, but to have enough space to sign Millsap, we'd need to renounce the bird rights on Lou or Amir, or more likely both.
                          Last edited by octothorp; Tue Dec 16, 2014, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Do we get the full 5.3 MLE again or do we only get the 2.8 left over from signing JJ?

Also, we still have the 2.1 bi annual exception right?

Comment

Didn't see any mention of this on the thread but have been thinking about it quite a bit. Greg Monroe will be available at the end of the season or the pistons have announced that he is on the trade block for pieces and a first rounder but would have to waive his no trade clause and give up bird rights .. He definitely has the tools that the raps could use right now. And I dont see why he wouldn't want to come to a winning team on the rise with lots of young talent

I would love to keep amir though.
                              It would be great to see Monroe / 2pat at PF and JV/amir at C.

Any thoughts?

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                                You seem to be thinking that as long as signings are less than expirings, we're okay. But that's not how it works. The $30 million in expirings is only really significant for trades. Once it comes to free agency, all that matters is space under the cap, or exceptions. Any new free agent signing needs to still leave us under the cap, or be signed using a exception (like MLE, bird rights, etc.). We've got bird rights on Amir and Lou so there's no problem keeping those guys if we want, but to have enough space to sign Millsap, we'd need to renounce the bird rights on Lou or Amir, or more likely both.
                                Its just a matter of shuffling if...if... Millsap or Gasol or LMA want to sign. Its what the Rockets do. Sign guys then make the numbers work. Otherwise only the crap teams are active in free agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X