Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    True but yet again I doubt this happens because the odds of us letting Amir go are so small to me. After all that MU preached about continuity, and the fact that Amir's been here longer than anyone, and how much Amir loves the city, it seems impossible that he leaves.
    True. But I think the market will be inflated enough that if we keep Amir, we're looking at keeping Lou as well (for his asking price), and using the MLE to add a role player (backup C?).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      True. But I think the market will be inflated enough that if we keep Amir, we're looking at keeping Lou as well (for his asking price), and using the MLE to add a role player (backup C?).
      That's what I was thinking. Unless we manage to convince Amir to take a cut and use the remaining cap space to maybe try to land a starting caliber PF, move Amir to backup C, and use the Room MLE to sign a backup SG that does what Lou does, but not as well (Thornton-range)

Comment

• Tristan Thompson is apparently an RFA this year. I wonder how far apart the money we should be willing to offer him and the amount we'd have to overpay him to have Cleveland let him go are. He might be a less expensive option than Millsap, which could give a few more options when it comes to not renouncing players who we want to resign.

I do think that if we decide that we're best off throwing Amir's ankles a retirement party for whatever reason, he'd be a good complementary piece to both Jonas and PPat.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
          Tristan Thompson is apparently an RFA this year. I wonder how far apart the money we should be willing to offer him and the amount we'd have to overpay him to have Cleveland let him go are. He might be a less expensive option than Millsap, which could give a few more options when it comes to not renouncing players who we want to resign.

I do think that if we decide that we're best off throwing Amir's ankles a retirement party for whatever reason, he'd be a good complementary piece to both Jonas and PPat.
          He's also like way, way worse than Millsap. I wouldn't pay TT more than Amir's current salary
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Zero interest in Thompson. He's a slightly more polished Reggie Evans.

Comment

• I really like Tristan Thompson. He's gotten better every year, and seems to be coming into his own. I think he'd be a decent target if we can't get Millsap or Monroe (might even rank Thompson above Monroe). Cleveland won't be able to afford to match a decent offer for him. He'd be a nice replacement for Amir that can grow with the team. He's only 23 and has played all 82 games the past 2 seasons, so health isn't an issue. Big men take longer to develop (just look at Amir), and I'd expect a breakout year next year for Thompson if he had the starting gig on the Raptors. He seems like a solid 14pts-10-reb-2blks per game guy, which is exactly what we need at PF/C. He plays above average defense at both PF and C according to 82games, and is the only above average big man defender on Cleveland. He gets most of his points close to the basket, so he provides a nice contrast to PPat's pick and pop game. Also doesn't hurt that he's Canadian, and arguably the best Canadian player in the NBA right now (Wiggins is getting there). I think he'd fight extremely hard to play good for the Raps.

Nilanka, I don't think you've watched much TT this year if you think he's just a Reggie Evans. Kid is getting better.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                Nilanka, I don't think you've watched much TT this year if you think he's just a Reggie Evans. Kid is getting better.
                That's why I said he's a slightly more polished Reggie

I'm just not a fan of over-paying for "hustle guys" in free agency. Plus, part of me fears he's overvalued because he's Canadian.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  That's why I said he's a slightly more polished Reggie

I'm just not a fan of over-paying for "hustle guys" in free agency. Plus, part of me fears he's overvalued because he's Canadian.
                  I think 14-10-2 with above average defense is realistic stat line for Thompson starting next year. Hard to call that over valued. Thinking about it more though, Cleveland will probably match any offer and demand a sign and trade to get him. They won't have any cap space so bringing back guys with bird rights is the only way to make their team not get worse.

Millsap is my first target, but I think the Hawks pay him whatever he needs. They are absolutely rolling right now and I think Millsap is happy there.
                  Monroe might be the most "getable" in the offseason, but I think he'll demand more money than Thompson would, and he doesn't bring the defense that Thompson does.
                  What would it take to sign and trade for Thompson is the question? Bebe? Ross? A 1st round pick? Some combination thereof? I'm sure Masai would get a better deal than I can guess at now, he always does.

Comment

• Thompson would play his ass off for the raptors, he always has a good showing against us. And fills a void we really need.

Comment

• I'd rather have a hobbled Amir over TT.

Comment

• Both would be great

Comment

• Here's an idea - restricted free agent Draymond Green. Offer him the max (about 15M), see if GSW are too cash strapped to match. Can play 3 and 4, stretches the floor, is a very good rebounder. Would give us a ROCK solid 2 through 4, with key pieces in Lowry and JV at the ends. Would target a high potential PG in the draft, let BeBe grow into the backup C role.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I'd rather have a hobbled Amir over TT.
                            One is on the upswing and will be hitting his prime in 2 years. The other is on the downswing and is struggling with health issues. I like having Amir more this year, but looking to the future, Thompson makes more sense to me. If you aren't high on Thompson at all you really need to watch him play this year. Thompson is already a better rebounder than Amir, and he is much better at getting to the line. Amir basically peaked at age 25 and has been trending down ever since. Tristan won't be 25 for two more seasons, and he's already on par or superior to Amir in most stat categories. That's where my line of thinking comes from.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Here's an idea - restricted free agent Draymond Green. Offer him the max (about 15M), see if GSW are too cash strapped to match. Can play 3 and 4, stretches the floor, is a very good rebounder. Would give us a ROCK solid 2 through 4, with key pieces in Lowry and JV at the ends. Would target a high potential PG in the draft, let BeBe grow into the backup C role.
                              How many years at the max? 1 year? Then we lose his bird rights don't we? Multiple years? Seems like a lot for Draymond Green. Not totally against it. Definitely see him as more of a SF than PF so doesn't really address the PF issue for me. I do like him as a player though and would be happy if he ended up a Raptor somehow.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                How many years at the max? 1 year? Then we lose his bird rights don't we? Multiple years? Seems like a lot for Draymond Green. Not totally against it. Definitely see him as more of a SF than PF so doesn't really address the PF issue for me. I do like him as a player though and would be happy if he ended up a Raptor somehow.
                                Huh? Probably 4 years. Why would you offer one year?

I think Green is underrated, and will only get better, and I think with the cap going up soon it wouldn't kill our flexibility. And he's played a lot of PF this year for GS with Lee out.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X