Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    So they match and then look to trade Harris. Harris would be coveted by most of the league, you don't let him walk because he likes NY more than Orlando.
    I think Orlando has a bright future and will be good sooner rather than later.
    This is why I think we should trade for Harris now, and use our cap room to target Draymond Green instead.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      This is why I think we should trade for Harris now, and use our cap room to target Draymond Green instead.
      we have the same effect if we don't sign Lou and nab up Carrol, who will be cheaper. I like harris and green.... but trading for harris would be costly.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        we have the same effect if we don't sign Lou and nab up Carrol, who will be cheaper. I like harris and green.... but trading for harris would be costly.
        Have you seen the Hawks' shamsports cap page? They'll have $42M in contracts next season and 4 roster spots to fill. They aren't letting go of Carroll at the very least if they can't re-sign Millsap. And I very much doubt anyone in ATL wants to leave at this point.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          Have you seen the Hawks' shamsports cap page? They'll have $42M in contracts next season and 4 roster spots to fill. They aren't letting go of Carroll at the very least if they can't re-sign Millsap. And I very much doubt anyone in ATL wants to leave at this point.
          GSW and Atlanta aren't losing anybody they want. Lee is available though.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            GSW and Atlanta aren't losing anybody they want. Lee is available though.
            Not sure about GSW, they're so close to the cap, they'll have to pay Green max 'cause of the market and that'll bring them into tax. Thing is, if they do re-sign him at the max, they'll be at ~$80M in summer 2016, with 8 open roster spots to fill.

EDIT: This is without Lee getting flipped.

Comment

What would it take to get Harris now though?

Bebe, both our firsts in 2016?
              Ross, Bebe and our first this year?

I could see them insisting on PPat. From their side I would see them eating Ross and PPat for a starting 5 of

Payton
              Dipo
              Ross
              PPat
              Vucci Man

We'd have

Lowry/Vasquez
              DD/Lou
              Harris/JJ
              Amir/Hans
              JV/Hayes

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                What would it take to get Harris now though?

Bebe, both our firsts in 2016?
                Ross, Bebe and our first this year?

I could see them insisting on PPat. From their side I would see them eating Ross and PPat for a starting 5 of

Payton
                Dipo
                Ross
                PPat
                Vucci Man

We'd have

Lowry/Vasquez
                DD/Lou
                Harris/JJ
                Amir/Hans
                JV/Hayes
                Harris is terrible defensively at the 3 and 4 and if they match him with Demar if may be the worst defensive wing combo or with JV the worst defensive front court. Unless Toronto get Dipo back and moves Demar it's not a good fit.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Harris is terrible defensively at the 3 and 4 and if they match him with Demar if may be the worst defensive wing combo or with JV the worst defensive front court. Unless Toronto get Dipo back and moves Demar it's not a good fit.
                  Can't speak on Harris' defense, haven't watched it enough but DD's an average defender at the 2, he looks worse when he covers 3's.

And JV would strive in the right system defensively. Casey's is not that system.

Comment

• Also, 0 chance Orlando gives up Dipo for pretty much anyone on our roster

Comment

• The thing that scares me most about Harris is injuries. I'm sure there are some problems in his game, but he's young, so it's possible (obviously not a guarantee) he can work on them and improve....

But injuries are injuries, and Harris seems to have something every season.

Comment

• It would definitely have to be DD for Harris+. Harris is a decent defender at the 3. Green is great at the 3 or 4.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It would definitely have to be DD for Harris+. Harris is a decent defender at the 3. Green is great at the 3 or 4.
                          Don't think Orlando does that trade. Having no 3 point shooting from your 1-2-3 is not something teams typically want to build around.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            Don't think Orlando does that trade. Having no 3 point shooting from your 1-2-3 is not something teams typically want to build around.
                            Yeah but teams don't typically have the range they do at the 4 and 5.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah but teams don't typically have the range they do at the 4 and 5.
                              I'm still not sure they do it. And I'm not sure if Harris over DD makes us that better, if better at all.

The argument of Ross being a better factor by playing his natural position is pretty much negated as we already saw him play the 2 this season and his production didn't change at all.

Comment

• If Toronto doesn't target, then land durant..... I'm not really interested in whoever else....

Comment

Working...
                                X