Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    The Magic has been starting Gordon over Harris. Sounds like he wants to go back to New York (He grew up there i think), so they may be playing him less to bring his price down. Still seems like they don't see him as a part of their long term future by not starting him, but I'm not sure exactly what they are doing.
    Yeah...sounds like it from all the NY Post articles talking about how much he wants to come back, citing anonymous sources.

At some point, the NY media writes a story about how every free agent wants to go there for some reason or another.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Raptors might have a great pick in 2016 from NYK/Denver and NOP may be going nowhere. It's tough to rebuild around a PF.
      Anthony Davis is the most untouchable player in the league. He wouldn't be traded in a million years. It's not any harder to build around a PF/C than any other position.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        The younger group of guys .. Barnes / Drummond / Davis / Lilliard / Beal are RFA's and no team would let those assets go for nothing. The game is pretty one sided when trying to pry out an RFA from any team. They have bird rights and its just bad business to let an asset go for nothing.

UFA can go where ever they want. We have legit shots at signing UFA guys. RFA's not so much.
        Its still a BIG year for FA.

In 2016 top tier game changer type UFA's include Horford / Durant / Noah .. Lebron's eligible but its pretty low odds he walks on Cleveland a second time.
        Lots of second tier guys available that can push you up the ladder as well... Ryan Anderson/ Luol Deng / Thad Young / Aaron Afalo / Wilson Chandler / Dragic (he can opt out this year as well)/ Nick Batum

and we have to make decisions on our own RFA's JV + TRoss and our UFA's Demar (he can opt last year of his deal)/ Vasquez

Never ends ..
        I think we could target some RFA's via sign and trade using our future draft picks to sweeten the deal. You're correct that teams won't let them go for nothing, but they are willing to let them go for the right price. I'd think a large offer to Draymond Green and the willingness to get him via S&T would make us real players. GS can't afford him on a large deal. That's just one scenario, I think a lot of the RFA's are gettable with the right S&T offer.

Comment

• The one man at this point I for 110% sure want is Draymond Green, because holy shit he's good.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
            The one man at this point I for 110% sure want is Draymond Green, because holy shit he's good.
            He is a much better Garbo.

He is Garbo 2.0.

Ultimate glue guy who can do a bit of everything.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              The one man at this point I for 110% sure want is Draymond Green, because holy shit he's good.
              Been on that particular train for a while now.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This probably fits best here:

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  This probably fits best here:

Hope it starts with the firing of casey.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Hope it starts with the firing of casey.
                    I totally agree. I think that is the number one goal, get a better coach.
                    Id like to see kris middleton on the raps, but i dont think thats very likely. I dont see guys like green or harris coming to toronto though, unless its through sogn and trade

Comment

Amen

Comment

• I've been watching a lot of the Pistons recently and I really like Spencer Dinwiddie. He didn't play much before the trade deadline, and when he did, he didn't play very well, but since the deadline he has looked good. He is a 6'6 pg who is a great passer. With his height advantage he has a good drive and kick game. He isn't a great shooter, but he drives well enough to make up for it. Also he shoots free throws well which means that he may be a better shooter than he has shown. Defends hard and disrupts passing lanes with his size and length. The other night he had 20 pts and 8 assists and brought the Pistons back to almost beat the Wizards. He is definitely a pass first guy, and he is doing a good job of finding the Detroit bigs and shooters.

Comment

• Mcgee has been waived by the sixers. Might be decent at backup C.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Mcgee has been waived by the sixers. Might be decent at backup C.
                            Casey has said repeatedly there is no one coming through the door.

I wonder if by that is just more of his bs talking points for the sake of saying something.

I'd still take a flier on McGee and drop steamer.

Comment

I can see MU trading DD for the following:

Jordan Hill + Wesley Johnson + Ed Davis + Lakers 2017 first round pick protected top 12 + Lakers 2nd round pick in 2016 draft

sign Amir Johnson to 3 year 25 million, let go of Lou Williams.

That change the team quite a bit if you ask me and that makes me WONDER what was all that FUSS about not disturbing the CHEMISTRY of these untouchable bunch

Comment

That is amazing news. Excited to see Masai to put his stamp on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X