Everything 2022-2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Kidd is credited for guiding and molding Giannis.
    He can do the same to Scottie.
    I agree with Kidd’s positive influence to Giannis game during Giannis formative years. He has done some good with Luka’s game as well.

…..the issue with the Mavs is they really have not properly provided Luka the right pieces.

until the acquisition of Kyrie

Kyrie Irving if he is in a right state of mind could be a needle mover in the post season. The reason why I thought, to a lesser extent it’s a championship or bust for them.

if they don’t make it and Kyrie bolts out again then they are fucked, Kidd is the scapegoat and to follow, Luka will ask the organization that he had enough.

We will find out soon.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      The Claw Reborn hottakes approximately 20 games closer to the post season…..

It’s a Championship or bust for the Suns after getting KD

to a lesser extent, the Clippers and the Mavs. It’s all about the match up.

I still have some doubts with the Celtics to win it all, but maybe this is their year.

Sixers/ Denver/ and Memphis just have to be lucky like the 2018-19 Raptors.

Golden State, the pedigree as long the core pieces are healthy will always be in the conversation

But an injury to Giannis or Middleton will derail the Bucks bid as they to me are so deep not to get the Larry O’ Brien.
      If Kyrie stays (doubtful?) then they have a longer window so not exactly all in yet imo. He's only 30, Luka is only 24 tomorrow and if they can make a long run, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see yet another disgruntled superstar lured by playing with a young phenom and Cuban's $$$

Many of the other NBA elite, even if still playing well are getting long in the tooth (lebron/PG/Durant/Curry/Kawhi/PG) as well as breaking down and we're going to see a few new NBA finals/winners in the next 5 years (Celtics, Nuggets, Suns?)

Comment

Kidd is credited for guiding and molding Giannis.
        He can do the same to Scottie.
        He is? Most "credit" him with holding Giannis back, and Giannis really having his game explode as soon as Kidd went out the door.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I agree with Kidd’s positive influence to Giannis game during Giannis formative years. He has done some good with Luka’s game as well.

…..the issue with the Mavs is they really have not properly provided Luka the right pieces.

until the acquisition of Kyrie

Kyrie Irving if he is in a right state of mind could be a needle mover in the post season. The reason why I thought, to a lesser extent it’s a championship or bust for them.

if they don’t make it and Kyrie bolts out again then they are fucked, Kidd is the scapegoat and to follow, Luka will ask the organization that he had enough.

We will find out soon.
          I agree with this. I also think Luka wants to be the next Dirk and win a chip and a long career in Dallas. I got mad respect for Dirk becuase of that.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

He is? Most "credit" him with holding Giannis back, and Giannis really having his game explode as soon as Kidd went out the door.
            Kidd was the one who pushed for Giannis to be a defecto PG and handle the ball all the time. Most thought he was crazy at the time. Don't think he is a great coach but under someone else Giannis might not have become the type of player he is
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Kidd was the one who pushed for Giannis to be a defecto PG and handle the ball all the time. Most thought he was crazy at the time. Don't think he is a great coach but under someone else Giannis might not have become the type of player he is
              Kidd gets some credit for Giannis, but also messed up other things.

I think it was under Kidd where Giannis worked on his jumpshot, changed his release and messed it up in the process.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Kidd gets some credit for Giannis, but also messed up other things.

I think it was under Kidd where Giannis worked on his jumpshot, changed his release and messed it up in the process.
                Other than the Raptors, I don’t think NBA head coaches get too involved in shot mechanics. Jason Kidd is the last guy you would go to for shooting advice. That’s probably more on Giannis’ off-season personal trainers and Giannis himself.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

He is well overdue to request a trade. Don't think any fan would be upset if he did. Whether he takes less money or not, Blazers haven't shown the ability to build a proper team around him.
                  I would, Blazers fans would. It's fun to watch him play especially live. I hope he never leave Portland. I hope he doesn't give in to peer pressure. I hope he never ring chase like some of these other great players. Ring chasing is just not a good look imo.

Dame is still only 32. Not young but also not old. The Blazers management needs to wake the fuck up. They still have time.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I would, Blazers fans would. It's fun to watch him play especially live. I hope he never leave Portland. I hope he doesn't give in to peer pressure. I hope he never ring chase like some of these other great players. Ring chasing is just not a good look imo.

Dame is still only 32. Not young but also not old. The Blazers management needs to wake the fuck up. They still have time.
                    They tried by adding Grant but the team got worse.

I'd rather keep Pascal but a reasonable deal with Portland would be Simons, Sharpe, and their 1st this year for Pascal.

We get younger guys that fit well with Scottie, and Blazers get a 1b that fits really well with Dame.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

They tried by adding Grant but the team got worse.

I'd rather keep Pascal but a reasonable deal with Portland would be Simons, Sharpe, and their 1st this year for Pascal.

We get younger guys that fit well with Scottie, and Blazers get a 1b that fits really well with Dame.
                      sign me up!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

https://www.google.com/amp/s/behindt...t-giannis/amp/

Crazy thing is Giannis really did not have a lot of experience playing the PG position.
                        Take that into account and the promise of Scottie in the position is enormous.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/behindt...t-giannis/amp/

Crazy thing is Giannis really did not have a lot of experience playing the PG position.
                          Take that into account and the promise of Scottie in the position is enormous.
                          Good find Kag

Kidd allowed Giannis to be the player he is now during those formative years, maximized his strength and let him loose….established himself from that point as the no.1 guy. Kris Middleton was always a prototypical Robin to a Batman. The addition of Jrue who is a pass first guy, who plays his height, athleticism and quickness at both ends of the court rounded out that trio. The third wheel.

Comment

• The Championship Bucks never had an all star shooting guard. They just had Connaughton, Forbes and Divencenzo, all three knew their roles in the pecking order. PJ Tucker was their 3 and D opposing wing stopper. Lopez was the defensive big that expanded the floor for them and Bobby Portis their impact player off the bench.

Giannis/ Kris and Jrue were spectacular during their Championship push but the complementary players were as reliable when it mattered most.

Big loss for them when PJ Tucker went somewhere else after that year.

But this season trade deadline acquisition of Jae Crowder was the best move.

Ingles/ Connaughton/ Wes Mathews/ Meyers Leonard/ Grayson Allen/ Bobby Portis and Jevon Carter solidified their depth at all positions.

Comment

• No help tonight scoreboard watching.
                              Heat beat Philly
                              Knicks on the verge of beating the Chowders...just waiting for the clock to run out.
                              Hill is getting steeper.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                No help tonight scoreboard watching.
                                Heat beat Philly
                                Knicks on the verge of beating the Chowders...just waiting for the clock to run out.
                                Hill is getting steeper.
                                The plan has never been to catch the Knicks. They will be the 5 seed.

We need to move ahead of Atlanta, Miami, and Brooklyn.

Miami winning isn't helpful, but Knicks winning doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X