No announcement yet.

Everything 2022-2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the tnt crew, but I'm.shocked they get paid that much, who knew.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

LIV really wanted Barkley and he loves golf so I don't think it was just a negotiating tactic. The timing did work out really well for him though with LIV launching around the same time his TNT deal was up for renewal. Had TNT been penny pinchers Barkley would be commentating LIV. Super smart for them to lock him up. I watch non Raptors stuff mainly based on if Barkley is part of the broadcast or not. If bet the ratings bore that out and it was an easy decision for them.
      I just hope Shaq won't pull a Draymond Green when he negotiates with his contract with TNT.

You know Barkley is going to egg him on tho.

Comment

Shaq mumbles too much. Cant hear half his shit

Comment

And the main thread for this years highs and lows and trades and firings and snubs and such kicks off for the new season.
          Most believe this is a playoff team. Spits on what half of the draw they get seeded into.
          Go Raps.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

LIV really wanted Barkley and he loves golf so I don't think it was just a negotiating tactic. The timing did work out really well for him though with LIV launching around the same time his TNT deal was up for renewal. Had TNT been penny pinchers Barkley would be commentating LIV. Super smart for them to lock him up. I watch non Raptors stuff mainly based on if Barkley is part of the broadcast or not. If bet the ratings bore that out and it was an easy decision for them.
            Chuck is the one that makes that show go. Take him out and that show wouldn't be the same.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's would be an insane contract. He ain't Steph or Lebron. Barley an All-Star.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                That's would be an insane contract. He ain't Steph or Lebron. Barley an All-Star.

FVV will get market value, unless he deliberately gives the team a break. I am convinced that that's *not* the 45+ mil/year that a max contract would bring. It's definitely north of that 25 mil a year extension money at present, though, and based on the recent Poole/Herro contracts, might even hit 35 mil a year. That's mostly the effect of an incoming cap bump and not really reflective of the relative value compared to people making 35 mil/year a few years ago.

Furthermore, if anyone in this bunch gets a max contract over the next 2-3 years, it'll be Pascal, because that's who the team will continue to be built around until Scottie is ready to be the clear #1 option.

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

FVV will get market value, unless he deliberately gives the team a break. I am convinced that that's *not* the 45+ mil/year that a max contract would bring. It's definitely north of that 25 mil a year extension money at present, though, and based on the recent Poole/Herro contracts, might even hit 35 mil a year. That's mostly the effect of an incoming cap bump and not really reflective of the relative value compared to people making 35 mil/year a few years ago.

Furthermore, if anyone in this bunch gets a max contract over the next 2-3 years, it'll be Pascal, because that's who the team will continue to be built around until Scottie is ready to be the clear #1 option.
                  To be clear, currently on the table is a 28.5M a year extension. I suspect market will be something in that ~30M range, give or take. But it only takes one team to set a new market...
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How in the world did the Lakers get a game on opening night? Dallas should feel disrespected.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      How in the world did the Lakers get a game on opening night? Dallas should feel disrespected.
                      Because it's been 191 days since league execs saw Jack Nicholson sitting courtside

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Because it's been 191 days since league execs saw Jack Nicholson sitting courtside
                        I don't think it's a home game for the Lakers with GS having won the chip. The worst part about it is that this game will likely be a blowout loss for the Lakers since their roster is the same hot mess from last season. Why feature such a bad game on opening night?

Comment

Predictions:

MVP - Luka
                          DPOY - Draymond(darkhorse Kawhi)
                          MIP - Edwards
                          6MOY - Norm
                          ROY - Mathurin
                          COY - Lue
                          Champs - Clippers

The Clips are going to win the chip if Kawhi stays healthy. Simple as that. They're head and shoulders better than everybody else. They would've won it 2 seasons ago if he didn't get hurt.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                            Predictions:

MVP - Luka
                            DPOY - Draymond(darkhorse Kawhi)
                            MIP - Edwards
                            6MOY - Norm
                            ROY - Mathurin
                            COY - Lue
                            Champs - Clippers

The Clips are going to win the chip if Kawhi stays healthy. Simple as that. They're head and shoulders better than everybody else. They would've won it 2 seasons ago if he didn't get hurt.
                            Well that's the whole thing though, right? Kawhi staying healthy is hardly a given even if they've smartened up and will do aggressive load management like the Raps did.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Nothing to worry about, because all Fred cares about is "winning". He says it all the time.

But maybe he means winning in the bank account as first priority, and winning championships a distant second....or lower.

After all.. the mantra is Bet on Your SELF. Not Bet on Your TEAM.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Nothing to worry about, because all Fred cares about is "winning". He says it all the time.

But maybe he means winning in the bank account as first priority, and winning championships a distant second....or lower.

After all.. the mantra is Bet on Your SELF. Not Bet on Your TEAM.
                                Hmm. All these team first players, playing for anything more than the minimum salary! Why would they ever do that if they care about winning?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X