Everything 2022-2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

I don't know. It took a Grant Williams miracle game and no Middleton to sneak by the Bucks.

I feel like if the Bucks remain healthy, they'll run through the Celtics.
    To be fair, any injury to a main player for either team probably elevates one over the other

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The intent was bench help for the playoff run. In theory THT would work for that as well. I like Thad WAY more as a player and didn't ever want THT, just thought the story was interesting, especially since Lakers fans are salty about it.
      You think they viewed THT as bench help for the playoff run when they were barely playing our own young bench guys? Could be I guess, but seems like two very different players between him and Thad.

Comment

• Should be fun
        Nets' Ben Simmons preps for hostile return in first game in Philadelphia

He'll face a scuffling 76ers team playing without an injured Harden and Tyrese Maxey and now Embiid — his former All-Star partner and franchise cornerstone whose friendship has since dissolved.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

You think they viewed THT as bench help for the playoff run when they were barely playing our own young bench guys? Could be I guess, but seems like two very different players between him and Thad.
          At the time THT was playing 25 mpg off the bench for the Lakers. We needed guard help a bit more than front court help. I believe we at least discussed it. The order of events could be off and we turned down LA once we struck a deal for Thad who we wanted more.

Comment

Weird according the Raps pivoted from THT, a rookie, to Thad a vet. Not sure what the intent was going into that trade deadline.
            They probably also really liked Koloko and knew he’d be there at pick 33 or 35 or whatever. Could move their own pick with Goran Dragic for a piece they could keep and the other teams early second round pick which would become Koloko.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

They probably also really liked Koloko and knew he’d be there at pick 33 or 35 or whatever. Could move their own pick with Goran Dragic for a piece they could keep and the other teams early second round pick which would become Koloko.
              There were a few potential trades the Raptors were in on. The THT one also brought back Noels from the Knicks. It was going to be a 3-way trade.. where Goran ended up in NY.

So if they were high on Koloko, they likely wouldn't have wanted Noel. But that's just my guess. Either way the Lakers declined the trade.

The other was the Porzingis trade. But we didn't like his last option year. If he opted in we'd be in trouble from a cap perspective so declined that trade.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Now Embiid out 2 games minimum.
                lebron, Davis, PG, Kawhi, Westbrook, Simmons, Kyrie, Butler all missing games for various reasons early.

Might this be the year we get a "tier 2" team without 2-3 superstars winning it all?
                again you mean? the warriors just won one with a lone superstar as a three seed. not sure if that makes them a "tier 2" or not

Comment

we all know they were into THT because he has a 7-1' wingspan and is a career 27% 3 point shooter, let's not overthink this

Comment

Should be fun

He'll face a scuffling 76ers team playing without an injured Harden and Tyrese Maxey and now Embiid — his former All-Star partner and franchise cornerstone whose friendship has since dissolved.
                    I would love to see Ben Simmons attempt to shoot a 3 and score while giving the middle finger to the Sixers crowd afterwards.

Riot will ensue at that point.

Comment

Should be fun

At least he won't get the nasty Giannis post game treatment.
                      Not practicing can have a few advantages too. Lol

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Maybe, but when you're that far into the draft I'd imagine it's difficult to know that the one guy you liked would be there and it is more likely they had a few guys they liked in that range with Koloko being the one that was highest left.

Regardless it's just trying to understand how they went from THT to Thad. One guy was a sophmore and the other a grizzled vet and both offering a very different skill set.

Comment

Maybe, but when you're that far into the draft I'd imagine it's difficult to know that the one guy you liked would be there and it is more likely they had a few guys they liked in that range with Koloko being the one that was highest left.

Regardless it's just trying to understand how they went from THT to Thad. One guy was a sophmore and the other a grizzled vet and both offering a very different skill set.
                          Not many guys available at the deadline who move the needle and are gettable with what we had. They both would have worked off the bench. I think we just wanted bench help in any size or shape.

Comment

• So the Jazz are 1st in the West and the Pacers are 10-6(4th in the East). Who saw that one coming?. A lot of people had them as the favourites for the Wemby sweepstakes.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              So the Jazz are 1st in the West and the Pacers are 10-6(4th in the East). Who saw that one coming?. A lot of people had them as the favourites for the Wemby sweepstakes.
                              It's still early....but..why does my gut tell me he'll end up with the Lakers...
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

It's still early....but..why does my gut tell me he'll end up with the Lakers...
                                The Pellies have the Lakers pick this year.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X