• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious is injured too…why his numbers are subpar as well

the kool aid is definitely concentrated and potent lol

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      Turner is interesting but the question is.. would he have a usage that is high enough to take away from scottie's?

Hypothetically the answer is no because he is a smart player and doesn't appear to be a chucker. The other question is.. Would he take away from Koloko's development? I think Nurse likes Koloko so the short answer is likely no. Also Turner has had problems staying healthy so it still presents an opportunity.
      The question should be, how switchable is Turner on defense. We know it all starts there.

And I know we all are concerned with how Scottie develops but his shot attempts should not be the priority. He's J. Kidd, not VC at this point of his career.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

The question should be, how switchable is Turner on defense. We know it all starts there.

And I know we all are concerned with how Scottie develops but his shot attempts should not be the priority. He's J. Kidd, not VC at this point of his career.
        Well if the aggressive style doesn't work with Turner, you can always go back to drop coverage like Nick played with Gasol on the team.

You also don't want to play switch heavy, aggressive defense because you want Turner around the rim as much as possible.

Comment

• Precious has been slow to start, and this injury won't help, but I expect him to come around. I mean it was night and day last season pre and post all star break. I think management believes in him too and won't be quick to move him.

Comment

i agree his focus should be on dribbling and counters and footwork

Comment

• Isaiah Joe shot 7/10 from 3 last night. Just sayin.....
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• let’s be honest the raptors are very talented one through 15. as with everything it’s about chemistry. MU is probably thinking i did a mega trade for kawhi i can do it again. i think that was a one off, right time right place right team.

i personally think fred has reached his ceiling and is starting to regress. and you know what that’s ok he has far beyond exceeded expectations for being undrafted. whether we trade him or not the raptors will always be the team that put a player in a position to do that. the man has served his time. what you don’t want is the reputation of holding on to old players long pasted their prime and stoping other players from getting opportunity. (remember what we did to T-mac?)

we all that being said dowtin is earning respect every single time he touches the ball.

trent jr. is not a fit

flynn not a fit

birch not a fit

there are players out there or draft picks available. we don’t need to swing for the fence, we also got to take some of the roster choices out of nicks hands i don’t think rotation is his strong suit
                Last edited by grindhouse; Thu Nov 24, 2022, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  let’s be honest the raptors are very talented one through 15. as with everything it’s about chemistry. MU is probably thinking i did a mega trade for kawhi i can do it again. i think that was a one off, right time right place right team.

i personally think fred has reached his ceiling and is starting to regress. and you know what that’s ok he has far beyond exceeded expectations for being undrafted. whether we trade him or not the raptors will always be the team that put a player in a position to do that. the man has served his time. what you don’t want is the reputation of holding on to old players long pasted their prime and stoping other players from getting opportunity. (remember what we did to T-mac?)

we all that being said dowtin is earning respect every single time he touches the ball.

trent jr. is not a fit

flynn not a fit

birch not a fit

there are players out there or draft picks available. we don’t need to swing for the fence, we also got to take some of the roster choices out of nicks hands i don’t think rotation is his strong suit
                  i will follow up on this by saying just because someone reaches age 29 doesn't mean they are automatically done growing but yes I think Fred has reached his ceiling or closer to it.

we just need fits

the raptors have given young guys a chance though
                  Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Thu Nov 24, 2022, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Well if the aggressive style doesn't work with Turner, you can always go back to drop coverage like Nick played with Gasol on the team.

You also don't want to play switch heavy, aggressive defense because you want Turner around the rim as much as possible.
                    That's asking a lot to change the system because of one guy who isn't a superstar. Would be an interesting experiment though.

Comment

i agree his focus should be on dribbling and counters and footwork
                      I'm hoping to see him take over more as a playmaker and get confident with that role. Seems to be Pascals role when the team is healthy though.

Comment

I'm hoping to see him take over more as a playmaker and get confident with that role. Seems to be Pascals role when the team is healthy though.
                        his dribbling improvements will naturally help the playmaking as well.

Comment

his dribbling improvements will naturally help the playmaking as well.
                          Definitely. The day he takes full command of the offence is the day he's reached Pascal and Fred's level and they can relinquish that role to him fully.

Comment

Definitely. The day he takes full command of the offence is the day he's reached Pascal and Fred's level and they can relinquish that role to him fully.
                            that is what I feel but some ppl feel like Pascal specifically is holding him back

Comment

that is what I feel but some ppl feel like Pascal specifically is holding him back
                              What’s holding Scottie back as a playmaker is his own inability to consistently punish the defense for backing off him and making him a jump shooter.

Comment

Nah, I don't think he's being held back. He's going to be a player that ascends to the top similar to someone like Kawhi, through development. He's was not a heralded phenom coming into the NBA that needed to be top dog on a team right away.

Comment

Working...
                                X