No announcement yet.

Everything 2022-2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix like most intelligent teams would switch on Derozan and bait him to guard the best wing player of that team.

Time in time again, this happens the entirety of his career.

He cannot guard his position, he will probably retire and still trying to learn the fundamentals of defense.

Comment

• Since we suck at closeouts, we might as well try this tactic

https://youtu.be/-3FkAMAAuRk

Comment

• I think we missed out on a previous opportunity to snag a few guys in the past. I think we need to be going for the next "combo guard" who can be really dynamic on offence and grow on our team.

I think I have a list of younger players that I would like to try to go for. Not all guys on the list possess the same level of talent as others. I am not going to talk about how we acquire said players but instead, I will point out the targets that should be inquired about and if anyone catches anyone's interest I would be curious to hear the thoughts you have.

Immanuel Quickly - apparently available not sure what it would cost but I think if you could combine flynn and a pick (not 2023) I would be very interested.

Lonnie Walker - Lakers may want start to retool and could think about the future.

Matherurin - this would be an off season trade but depending on the direction they go in the pacers may opt to acquire talent they have never ever done a full rebuild. This is more of a pipe dream but I would LOVE this.

Shaedon Sharpe - Offensive upside is there, however, the defence still needs work which I expected about the defence.

Devin Vassell - like his game

RJ Barrett - he has struggled but they may be looking towards a reset.

Fultz/Harris - Orlando is going to run into a problem soon because they have accumulated a ton of assets and may want to consolidate. Funny enough I would target Suggs if he is at all available but ig that isn't available I would look at one of the other two. Both have distinct advantages.

Lu Dort/ Josh Giddey - Giddey may be more available at the draft but I can see OKC making moves to ddramatically retool their team to purposefully try to take major steps forward next year.

Now here are some of the big boys

Alternatively, you could gamble on one of the Chicago guys. Last year I kept mentioning Thad I think this year is different because they are likely looking to get a younger talent if they make a trade.

Ant Man - this one is interesting he could be our wiggins ironically with how his career has gone

There is also Zach Lavine as a potential option as well. I tried to think about teams that would want to sell assets or situations that may shift in the negative direction by the off season.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          I think we missed out on a previous opportunity to snag a few guys in the past. I think we need to be going for the next "combo guard" who can be really dynamic on offence and grow on our team.

I think I have a list of younger players that I would like to try to go for. Not all guys on the list possess the same level of talent as others. I am not going to talk about how we acquire said players but instead, I will point out the targets that should be inquired about and if anyone catches anyone's interest I would be curious to hear the thoughts you have.

Immanuel Quickly - apparently available not sure what it would cost but I think if you could combine flynn and a pick (not 2023) I would be very interested.

Lonnie Walker - Lakers may want start to retool and could think about the future.

Matherurin - this would be an off season trade but depending on the direction they go in the pacers may opt to acquire talent they have never ever done a full rebuild. This is more of a pipe dream but I would LOVE this.

Shaedon Sharpe - Offensive upside is there, however, the defence still needs work which I expected about the defence.

Devin Vassell - like his game

RJ Barrett - he has struggled but they may be looking towards a reset.

Fultz/Harris - Orlando is going to run into a problem soon because they have accumulated a ton of assets and may want to consolidate. Funny enough I would target Suggs if he is at all available but ig that isn't available I would look at one of the other two. Both have distinct advantages.

Lu Dort/ Josh Giddey - Giddey may be more available at the draft but I can see OKC making moves to ddramatically retool their team to purposefully try to take major steps forward next year.

Now here are some of the big boys

Alternatively, you could gamble on one of the Chicago guys. Last year I kept mentioning Thad I think this year is different because they are likely looking to get a younger talent if they make a trade.

Ant Man - this one is interesting he could be our wiggins ironically with how his career has gone

There is also Zach Lavine as a potential option as well. I tried to think about teams that would want to sell assets or situations that may shift in the negative direction by the off season.
          Trey Murphy lll

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Trey Murphy lll
            dont think we get him

Comment

• Well that combo guard was supposed to be Jalen Suggs, but we went with Barnes (thankfully).

My timeline of a minimum of 2-3 years for the young guys to develop unfortunately seems to be for real. Barnes, Trent and Precious have all regressed a bit this season so far. Hopefully we see some growth by the end, but we aren't contending for anything or are a threat to anyone right now. Huge litmus test coming up against the Celtics and probably going to tell the story of this team this season.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Well that combo guard was supposed to be Jalen Suggs, but we went with Barnes (thankfully).

My timeline of a minimum of 2-3 years for the young guys to develop unfortunately seems to be for real. Barnes, Trent and Precious have all regressed a bit this season so far. Hopefully we see some growth by the end, but we aren't contending for anything or are a threat to anyone right now. Huge litmus test coming up against the Celtics and probably going to tell the story of this team this season.
                A win against the Celtics would be nice, but it'll at least be promising to see Barnes and Gary continue to play well even if they lose.

Either way, this season is so far similar to last season where they come out just treading water and hanging on until they turned it up post All star break. Lets see if they do the same this season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

A win against the Celtics would be nice, but it'll at least be promising to see Barnes and Gary continue to play well even if they lose.

Either way, this season is so far similar to last season where they come out just treading water and hanging on until they turned it up post All star break. Lets see if they do the same this season.
                  It's weird how recent discussions have become dominated by Scottie & GTJ chatter, when this season should really be a referendum on the ceiling of the FVV/Siakam/OG core. That was the theme last year and it continues this year. We'll go as far as FVV/Siakam/OG take us.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It's weird how recent discussions have become dominated by Scottie & GTJ chatter, when this season should really be a referendum on the ceiling of the FVV/Siakam/OG core. That was the theme last year and it continues this year. We'll go as far as FVV/Siakam/OG take us.
                    I think its because we are already seeing FVV decline this year is it just an aberration? Maybe, but we will see

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Well there is usually more talk when there is something negative going on. There is always talk of Fred, especially from the same group of people, although Fred hasn't been helping himself. Pascal and OG have been impressive and have taken a step forward this season, so not much there and Scottie is looked at as the future so he is in the spotlight and will be talked about often.
                      Last edited by A.I; Mon Dec 5, 2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

If they aren't down by 20+ pts at any point in the game it's a win. Raps tend to get down big against good teams before digging themselves out of the hole.

Comment

• Tatum is absolutely on fire, gotta hold him under 25 and need big games from the boys on the boards.

He was 29/11 and Brown was 34/10 against the Nets. Two headed monster even without Smart and Williams.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Tatum is absolutely on fire, gotta hold him under 25 and need big games from the boys on the boards.

He was 29/11 and Brown was 34/10 against the Nets. Two headed monster even without Smart and Williams.
                            It will be tough. OG can probably keep one in check, but the other can take the lead and score 30.

Comment

• I know theres other cold cities but I wonder if slow season starts and injuries have anything to do with the weather? Im outside right now and my body isnt really saying lets play basketball. Always feel a little creaky this time of year. I know im not a pro athlete but this weather feels hard on the bones and joints

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                                I know theres other cold cities but I wonder if slow season starts and injuries have anything to do with the weather? Im outside right now and my body isnt really saying lets play basketball. Always feel a little creaky this time of year. I know im not a pro athlete but this weather feels hard on the bones and joints
                                "We play in a building"

Comment

Working...
                                X