Everything 2022-2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

I never brought up this poor kid. You and great one did. Koloko is better. Whining about us not drafting Branham is dumb because Koloko is better.
    Koloko is nowhere close a prospect Malaki is. Koloko was in college for three years in college and still raw as hell. He's not better. Not in this universe
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Koloko was second round pick because thats where he belongs and not because Raptors are so clever.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Koloko is nowhere close a prospect Malaki is. Koloko was in college for three years in college and still raw as hell. He's not better. Not in this universe
        Stats say he is clearly better.

Comment

Stats say he is clearly better.
          He's better prospect and that's that.

Comment

He's better prospect and that's that.
            Koloko is, that's correct.

Comment

Koloko is, that's correct.
              He's not a prospect. He's supposed NBA ready after 3 years in college.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                At the end of the day, a good winger is more valuable than a good center ESPECIALLY in today's game.

Branham was one of the guys I was keeping a close eye on last year along with Daniels. I thought he would go in the top 12 and Daniels would go in the mid 1st round. It went the other way around and I was surprised Branham dropped all the way to 20.

As for Koloko, i'll say this again. Just because he Raptors drafted him, just because of the success of Siakam and Powell and OG - you know late 1st round picks and 2nd round picks - doesn't mean Koloko is going to have the same type of career. People here got spoiled like they expect every late 1st round picks and 2nd round picks and undrafted players to turn into rotation players/stars.There's a reason why Koloko's a 2nd round pick.
                A wing is not always more valuable than a center. It depends upon the levels of goodness / greatness.

Not saying Koloko will be Rudy Gobert, but you can build an entire defense around an elite rim protector, like Utah did specifically around Gobert and a bunch of crappy perimeter defenders. They consistently won 50 games a season with a pretty mediocre lineup, just because of their defense. Now... that all fell apart in the playoffs, but that's another story. You can't build a defense around a wing defender.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

A wing is not always more valuable than a center. It depends upon the levels of goodness / greatness.

Not saying Koloko will be Rudy Gobert, but you can build an entire defense around an elite rim protector, like Utah did specifically around Gobert and a bunch of crappy perimeter defenders. They consistently won 50 games a season with a pretty mediocre lineup, just because of their defense. Now... that all fell apart in the playoffs, but that's another story. You can't build a defense around a wing defender.
                  Honestly even if Koloko becomes a servicable backup, it'll be fine since Precious is likely the modern day Raptors C if he continues to grow and has shown to have more potential/tools than Koloko.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Well, I think the idea was good. They tried it and it was an interesting project. But yeah, maybe it's time to move from it. Just did not work as well as we could have hoped.

At the same time, I'm just wondering if we're underestimating Scottie's potential development curve. If he's a stud by next season, this core can still be really good, I think.

It depends a lot on how much money does Fred want to stay here. If he wants that big bag like we heard in the last couple weeks, I think you trade him, because he'll take way too much space on the cap comparing to what he brings, sadly.

Also, about OG, if rumors that he wants out are true, you work on finding the best trade possible, and you do it. Spicy P, it gotta be a crazy, crazy offer. And for Trent, depends again on how much money he wants to stay here.

That's the thing. We, as fans, don't know much compared to the managers. That's why it's so hard to know what's the real plan going into this year's trade deadline.
                    This is it for me

Vision 6’9 was a really cool idea and I liked that they pursued a different way to try to win games based on what the roster was like, but at this point it’s obvious it’s not leading to wins and isn’t a successful strategy.

I don’t think Fred is damaged goods but obviously management knows much better than us.

Depending on price the best move is probably to resign both him and GTJ and retain your assets, you can always trade them at a later date. They’ll also have more value with more than a year on their deals. If they feel like the price will be too high then you trade them for what you can get now.

OG I think you keep regardless unless he requests a trade. Just too good of a role player to trade unless it’s in a package for a star for me. We went years looking for a big wing defender and went through a ton of terrible options before finding OG.

Hopefully nurse lowers the main guys minutes after the trade deadline which should improve the tank even more.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

This is it for me

Vision 6’9 was a really cool idea and I liked that they pursued a different way to try to win games based on what the roster was like, but at this point it’s obvious it’s not leading to wins and isn’t a successful strategy.

I don’t think Fred is damaged goods but obviously management knows much better than us.

Depending on price the best move is probably to resign both him and GTJ and retain your assets, you can always trade them at a later date. They’ll also have more value with more than a year on their deals. If they feel like the price will be too high then you trade them for what you can get now.

OG I think you keep regardless unless he requests a trade. Just too good of a role player to trade unless it’s in a package for a star for me. We went years looking for a big wing defender and went through a ton of terrible options before finding OG.

Hopefully nurse lowers the main guys minutes after the trade deadline which should improve the tank even more.
                      They played less than usually today. Scottie played the most at 37.

If the Raptors go down the tank route again, Nick will probably tone things down. He did it during the Tampa season. Guys rested and you had Flynn, Harris and Gillespie getting minutes.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

They played less than usually today. Scottie played the most at 37.

If the Raptors go down the tank route again, Nick will probably tone things down. He did it during the Tampa season. Guys rested and you had Flynn, Harris and Gillespie getting minutes.
                        Yeah definitely needs to be done as soon as we can

Comment

He's not a prospect. He's supposed NBA ready after 3 years in college.
                          Literally no one said Koloko was nba ready. He was always a raw prospect who started basketball very late in Africa.

Comment

Literally no one said Koloko was nba ready. He was always a raw prospect who started basketball very late in Africa.
                            If you are drafting older players from college you expect them to be closer to finished product. If they are still bad that's why they drop in draft. That's draft 101. Old and raw after 3 years of college. That's why he fell to second round.
                            Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Jan 23, 2023, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• GTJ....think trading him makes sense ? I guess if it's like Myles Turner but otherwise I don't see why you would ?

the guy is young and I think paying 25 MM for him isn't really a bad deal

trading fvv I can see it ...

Comment

If you are drafting older players from college you expect them to be closer to finished product. If they are still bad that's why they drop in draft. That's draft 101. Old and raw after 3 years of college. That's why he fell to second round.
                                Conference DPOY is your definition of “raw”?

Koloko was also 1st in ORTG, 1st in TS%, 3rd in offensive win shares. He was no slouch on offense either.
                                Last edited by golden; Mon Jan 23, 2023, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X