Everything 2022-2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If you are drafting older players from college you expect them to be closer to finished product. If they are still bad that's why they drop in draft. That's draft 101. Old and raw after 3 years of college. That's why he fell to second round.
    If you're close to a finished product at 22, your ceiling probably isn't that high.

Koloko is similar to Pascal in terms of the start of their path. Pascal was far from a finished product when he got drafted at 22. Both players started basketball late.

Not saying Koloko will be All-NBA, but there is potential there.

Comment

• Since we're cherry picking stats... D-EPM (defensive estimated plus/minus):
      • Koloko: +1.8 (35th overall), 92nd percentile
      • Gobert: +1.7 (37th overall), 91st percentile

Kid is already a defensive stud. But smart people know that already.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

A wing is not always more valuable than a center. It depends upon the levels of goodness / greatness.

Not saying Koloko will be Rudy Gobert, but you can build an entire defense around an elite rim protector, like Utah did specifically around Gobert and a bunch of crappy perimeter defenders. They consistently won 50 games a season with a pretty mediocre lineup, just because of their defense. Now... that all fell apart in the playoffs, but that's another story. You can't build a defense around a wing defender.
        All things being equal a winger is more valuable than a C. Of course a great C like Embiid > a good winger like LaVine. But a great wing like Tatum > a great C like Embiid.

A good wing like Mitchell > a good C like Gobert.

If you're trading with the Timberwolves, who'd be your #1 target? pretty sure it's not Gobert or Towns. It's Edwards.

You're not winning shit in the NBA without a great winger hence why it's more valuable than a C. Just look at the past NBA champions.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Now, I don't think Koloko is Biyombo but I don't think he's Gobert either. Best case scenario for him I think is a Capela type. With Branham, best case scenario i think is Middleton. Who'd you rather have? Middleton or Capela? be honest.

Speaking of Middleton, Middleton only shot 31% from 3 his rookie year.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

All things being equal a winger is more valuable than a C. Of course a great C like Embiid > a good winger like LaVine. But a great wing like Tatum > a great C like Embiid.

A good wing like Mitchell > a good C like Gobert.

If you're trading with the Timberwolves, who'd be your #1 target? pretty sure it's not Gobert or Towns. It's Edwards.

You're not winning shit in the NBA without a great winger hence why it's more valuable than a C. Just look at the past NBA champions.
            All things are never equal, in the real world.

And.... Koloko's floor is Capela. Branham's ceiling is Middleton.

But if the original argument is that we shouldn't have traded down our FRP for Thad... then I totally agree with you and Mixx. We should've kept the pick and acquired another 2nd round pick. Or traded our FRP to OKC for #30 & and early FRP that nets us Nembhard AND Koloko.

This team should never be trading down FRPs for win-now vets, but we have to because Nurse can't develop a bench.
            Last edited by golden; Mon Jan 23, 2023, 10:46 AM.

Comment

All things are never equal, in the real world.

And.... Koloko's floor is Capela. Branham's ceiling is Middleton.
              Koloko's floor is Capela? oh god here we go again. Capela is a damn good player and if that's Koloko's floor then we're talking about a damn good C. What if he doesn't become nearly as good as Capela, who you going to blame Nurse?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

But if the original argument is that we shouldn't have traded down our FRP for Thad... then I totally agree with you and Mixx. We should've kept the pick and acquired another 2nd round pick. Or traded our FRP to OKC for #30 & and early FRP that nets us Nembhard AND Koloko.

This team should never be trading down FRPs for win-now vets, but we have to because Nurse can't develop a bench.
                That's the original argument.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Koloko's floor is Capela? oh god here we go again. Capela is a damn good player and if that's Koloko's floor then we're talking about a damn good C. What if he doesn't become nearly as good as Capela, who you going to blame Nurse?
                  Yes and yes.

Comment

Now, I don't think Koloko is Biyombo but I don't think he's Gobert either. Best case scenario for him I think is a Capela type. With Branham, best case scenario i think is Middleton. Who'd you rather have? Middleton or Capela? be honest.

Speaking of Middleton, Middleton only shot 31% from 3 his rookie year.
                    Raptors are in need of both. We drafted one position of need, now we need to get the other.

Comment

• Vision 6-9?

Comment

• ^^^ More like Vision 6'11". The average height of Orlando's rotation players is insane.

Bol Bol 7-2
                        Mo Bamba 7-0
                        Moritz Wagner 6-11
                        Jonathan Isaac 6-11
                        Paolo Banchero 6-10
                        Wendell Carter Jr. 6-10
                        Franz Wagner 6-9

Comment

^^^ More like Vision 6'11". The average height of Orlando's rotation players is insane.

Bol Bol 7-2
                          Mo Bamba 7-0
                          Moritz Wagner 6-11
                          Jonathan Isaac 6-11
                          Paolo Banchero 6-10
                          Wendell Carter Jr. 6-10
                          Franz Wagner 6-9
                          Isaac returning to play from a long injury….could also be a piece they intend to trade, teams could be waiting how viable and healthy he is.

However from that list….MoBamba to me is the best get and of course their 2023 FRP if Orlando is our target team to trade VanVleet.

He is a consummate young big with lots of room to improve who can give us a two way skillset that this team are very much lacking.

TS% of 60.9%
                          FG% of 49%
                          3FG% of 38%

his block rate has dipped a bit this season at 2.7 per 100 possessions but used to be close to 5
                          averaging 1.0 blocks per game

Comment

• Cant believe we’re going into sactown tomorrow and probably gonna get dealt with. How fast things change

Comment

^^^ More like Vision 6'11". The average height of Orlando's rotation players is insane.

Bol Bol 7-2
                              Mo Bamba 7-0
                              Moritz Wagner 6-11
                              Jonathan Isaac 6-11
                              Paolo Banchero 6-10
                              Wendell Carter Jr. 6-10
                              Franz Wagner 6-9
                              Impressive.
                              Will be a force in the East in as early as 2 yrs from now

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Impressive.
                                Will be a force in the East in as early as 2 yrs from now
                                Fred is the missing piece. Do the trade Orlando.

Comment

Working...
                                X