• Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

If we did I'd want this in return

Kennard
    Mann
    Preston (or Boston)
    2028 first round pick

Kennard and Mann are solid bench pieces, the 2028 pick will likely be a good one, and you take a swing on Preston or Boston, kinda doubt either pans out but they fill in the last bit of salary needed.

But yeah Masai hates the Clippers so a deal isn't likely. I'd ask for some pick swaps as well.
    Masai hating the Clippers has no factual basis and he is a terrible president if he harbors personal grudges.
    You do what is best for the organization, period.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Masai hating the Clippers has no factual basis and he is a terrible president if he harbors personal grudges.
      You do what is best for the organization, period.
      I know what you're saying but every team in every league has other teams that they'd sooner not deal with, all things being equal.
      Could be a historic rival, a conference rival, a team that fleeced you previously ..... or a team that tampered with your mercenary superstar that eventually signed there....

It's not hate necessarily but human nature and/or common sense

Comment

• Players know which teams are playing "to win" as opposed to playing "to get paid".

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Its a big if even with load management. Kawhi rested during the 2019 season and still barely scraped by in the Playoffs where he was at his best but still hobbling and that was after one significant injury. He has had more injuries since.
          huge big if for sure its tough... I think its bad for growing the game but that is just me

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Ha, I'm loving Embiid embracing being the bad guy.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                Cant believe we’re going into sactown tomorrow and probably gonna get dealt with. How fast things change
                This may just be our best defensive performance of the year vs No 1 offense in NBA. 64000 Question: Why tf cant they do it to at least a decent extent all the time? I mean, its not shooting. That comes & goes. D is mostly effort.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post

This may just be our best defensive performance of the year vs No 1 offense in NBA. 64000 Question: Why tf cant they do it to at least a decent extent all the time? I mean, its not shooting. That comes & goes. D is mostly effort.
                  Nurse said several times publicly that it was all about effort or lack thereof.
                  Could be the system is too tiring, could be other teams have figured it out to a degree.
                  Could be every player isn't feeling like playing for every other one (internal issues) or it could be one or two of them are too busy trying to pad offenseive stats in a contract year ....

Comment

Ha, I'm loving Embiid embracing being the bad guy.
                    Oh man, don't make me start to like Embiid....

Comment

Ha, Embiid the bad guy.
                      More like it

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Oh man, don't make me start to like Embiid....
                        The reference to old school pro wrestling helps too. Plus dunking on Durant is always funny.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Nurse said several times publicly that it was all about effort or lack thereof.
                          Could be the system is too tiring, could be other teams have figured it out to a degree.
                          Could be every player isn't feeling like playing for every other one (internal issues) or it could be one or two of them are too busy trying to pad offenseive stats in a contract year ....
                          I think the system is tough to do for 48 minutes unless you can actually field 8 guys at minutes that would allow you to basically send them out in hockey style shifts. We don't have a team that deep. Defensively we need to rely more on man to man coverage and less overhelping especially since we have the length to do it. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing us get a center in the mean time like Poeltl to help. Not if it costs a 2023 first rounder and I dont want to give up two first rounders. I think if you can trade fred and get a young guard prospect who has offensive upside or who has passing chops. Dyson Daniels is a good example. Not saying you get Dyson with just Fred, although it is possible but that is the type of move I would want. Alternatively trading with NYC to get quickly even if it means taking back that fournier contract, but you have to get a pick back as well. If you do that you can cobble enough to potentially get SA a future asset in a pick but not take too much of a step back for next year, while also getting us stronger for this year by getting something useful to play out the end of the season.
                          Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Thu Jan 26, 2023, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Tatum is so dang good.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Tatum is so dang good.
                              That team is great

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

That team is great
                                But at the same time, the Celtics don’t have that IT factor that makes you scared, like having a prime Lebron or KD.

Comment

Working...
                                X