Everything 2022-2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

But at the same time, the Celtics don’t have that IT factor that makes you scared, like having a prime Lebron or KD.
    Tatum don't scare you? he's in that level. I was actually surprised that he missed the game winner tonight because everytime he shoots it feels like it's going in.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Tatum don't scare you? he's in that level. I was actually surprised that he missed the game winner tonight because everytime he shoots it feels like it's going in.
      Don’t get me wrong, Tatum’s a great, super skilled player, but even though the Celtics win a lot, you always feel a good team has an actual chance to beat them. Unlike some prime Lebron teams, KD Warriors, Shaq/Kobe, etc…. where you knew you didn’t have a chance, no matter what.

Comment

Don’t get me wrong, Tatum’s a great, super skilled player, but even though the Celtics win a lot, you always feel a good team has an actual chance to beat them. Unlike some prime Lebron teams, KD Warriors, Shaq/Kobe, etc…. where you knew you didn’t have a chance, no matter what.
        KD warriors was just stupid because if KD didn't beat you they still had the greatest 3pt shooter ever in Curry.

Comment

• I say we trade vanvleet and porter jr for Tatum. Good deal for celtics.......lol.

Comment

But at the same time, the Celtics don’t have that IT factor that makes you scared, like having a prime Lebron or KD.
            For sure but they're more of a team, lotsa good parts
            Also he's only 24, we haven't seen prime Tatum yet unfortunately

Comment

• Bro.....

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kobe was an idiot. He had 14 points on 6/14 shooting that game.. and the team lost by 16 to the Pelicans (final score was 80-96). He was a -11.

If you're going to play hurt, then it only means something if you can produce.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Kobe was an idiot. He had 14 points on 6/14 shooting that game.. and the team lost by 16 to the Pelicans (final score was 80-96). He was a -11.

If you're going to play hurt, then it only means something if you can produce.
                  Pro athletes don't think like that.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Pro athletes don't think like that.
                    Yup. Majority of them have an ego and confidence about them, its why they're in the spot they're in. Most of them probably think "I can still win" even when they're injured.

When it comes to ego and confidence, Kobe is up their with MJ.

Comment

• I don’t understand why the double standard, Kobe is an idiot of playing hurt. Yet when it comes to our own players such as VanVleet, the excuses is enormous

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        I don’t understand why the double standard, Kobe is an idiot of playing hurt. Yet when it comes to our own players such as VanVleet, the excuses is enormous
                        No excuses at all. If Fred plays hurt and he sucks then it was a bad call. Just like when Lowry played like garbage when he was hurt. It's up to the team to decide if they can play well or not because some guys are wired to gut it out. But if they suck, then you pull the plug on them.

Comment

No excuses at all. If Fred plays hurt and he sucks then it was a bad call. Just like when Lowry played like garbage when he was hurt. It's up to the team to decide if they can play well or not because some guys are wired to gut it out. But if they suck, then you pull the plug on them.
                          Bad call indeed by both parties and both are idiots…NN running him to the ground very early in the season, player went down a few games, came back, him wearing the back brace and sitting on a seat elevator while on the bench. Translated to poor play all season. Now pure will and mental toughness that allowed him to have a stretch of good games before the trade deadline and obviously him betting on himself in a contract season.

Bottomline, team suffered in terms of win and losses and the development of the young players just to feature Mr.VanVleet

No excuses, let’s say it what it is.

Comment

Can't speak for Kobe playing hurt, but look at the guys playing behind Fred. We gonna lose those game regardless of Fred playing like crap or the guys behind him playing. Probably a better chance to win those games with injured Fred.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Can't speak for Kobe playing hurt, but look at the guys playing behind Fred. We gonna lose those game regardless of Fred playing like crap or the guys behind him playing. Probably a better chance to win those games with injured Fred.
                              In hindsight we saw what happened.. we lost a bunch of games and are now sitting squarely in the lottery. We may not have trusted Dalano or Malachi or they could have just been even worse than a hobbled Fred.. but we didn't try it and it didn't work out anyway.

By the way I think the best two wins (outside of the Sacramento one) were when we beat the Spurs and Hawks without Fred. So we showed that we could do it without him at least in those two instances.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X