Everything 2022-2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Giving the deal to Wieskamp instead of Dowtin is a head scratcher considering we don't play Wieskamp at all and Dowtin fills a bigger need.

Hard to get too upset about these fringe deals though, I doubt it would have made much of a difference.
    When you are 1 game from being 6th worse in the league with just 14 games remaining.. you can use all the help that you can get. Dowtin only played in 28 games. He has a net rating of -2 which is bad.. but he's better than Gary (-2.9), Flynn (-5.7), Banton (-10.3) and Barton (-30.1 lol).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

When you are 1 game from being 6th worse in the league with just 14 games remaining.. you can use all the help that you can get. Dowtin only played in 28 games. He has a net rating of -2 which is bad.. but he's better than Gary (-2.9), Flynn (-5.7), Banton (-10.3) and Barton (-30.1 lol).
      Barton and Thad have both been disasters since the all star break (both with roughly -30 net rating).

But the solution is not to find another borderline rotation player to throw in there. It's to just use your existing rotation players properly.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Tonight is a huuuge game for the end of the season. Can't wait to see it!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Barton and Thad have both been disasters since the all star break (both with roughly -30 net rating).

But the solution is not to find another borderline rotation player to throw in there. It's to just use your existing rotation players properly.
          Like Koloko… who has been one of the top net rating guys all year long, despite his poor finishing at the rim. He brings defense, and we’re supposed to be a defensive minded team, right?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Like Koloko… who has been one of the top net rating guys all year long, despite his poor finishing at the rim. He brings defense, and we’re supposed to be a defensive minded team, right?
            I wouldn't mind having him sub in and replace Precious. If him playing means Precious sliding up a position and bumping yet another shooter out of the bench lineups it won't likely help us at all. That said, I don't mind trying basically anything as long as we don't just keeping the same mistakes over and over again, even if I think there's an obvious path to fixing these issues. Doing something, even if it's not the best thing, is better than doing nothing.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think using Koloko would help prevent the runs that seem to happen every time Poeltl rests.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think using Koloko would help prevent the runs that seem to happen every time Poeltl rests.
                If the lineup he's used in is something like Koloko, Boucher, Pascal, Scottie, Gary; or Koloko, Boucher, Thad, Scottie, Gary, like Precious' lineups tend to be, I doubt it.

If adding Koloko comes along with the more obvious common sense solutions to the bench issues, then I do actually think Koloko provides a better floor for those lineups, though Precious provides a higher ceiling. The floor is more important right now.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If the lineup he's used in is something like Koloko, Boucher, Pascal, Scottie, Gary; or Koloko, Boucher, Thad, Scottie, Gary, like Precious' lineups tend to be, I doubt it.

If adding Koloko comes along with the more obvious common sense solutions to the bench issues, then I do actually think Koloko provides a better floor for those lineups, though Precious provides a higher ceiling. The floor is more important right now.
                  Nurse just said he sees Precious more as wing defender, rather than guarding Cs. RIP positionless. Hopefully Precious can recover from 2 years of confusing player development.

Comment

Feels like they don’t totally want to let go of the positionless concept; hence, not really wanting to play or have traditional PGs or Cs unless it’s a dire situation… which it became at C. Deep down, I think they all feel like positionless is their great innovation and it can still work.
                    Of course not. They've invested way too much into it now to make a complete turnaround.

Comment

• Is anyone else having a difficult time logging onto the site these days?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Love him or be mildly annoyed by him, it's a good read.
                        Somewhat related, I think Danny Chau might be unseating Zach Lowe as the Raptors fans embedded in the basketball media world

He can't retire soon enough for me ....
                        When the biggest claim to fame is shouting goofy catch phrases and references to getting hammered, it's time to go.
                        A few years ago preferably .... pretty sure he's 80 not 60 .... justnot a fan.

Comment

• Jack was annoying at first but I dont mind him now. Good insight, keeps it light

Yes koloko and bench should get big minutes the rest of the way. See what they got especially dowtin. If theres no confidence in the bench we’re not gonna do shit in the playoffs anyway

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

He can't retire soon enough for me ....
                            When the biggest claim to fame is shouting goofy catch phrases and references to getting hammered, it's time to go.
                            A few years ago preferably .... pretty sure he's 80 not 60 .... justnot a fan.
                            Matt and Jack have definitely gone off the rails the last couple seasons. I actually blame Devlin more than Jack.

Still, better than much of the broadcast work I hear from regional networks in the US and even sine of the national games.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                              Jack was annoying at first but I dont mind him now. Good insight, keeps it light

Yes koloko and bench should get big minutes the rest of the way. See what they got especially dowtin. If theres no confidence in the bench we’re not gonna do shit in the playoffs anyway
                              The bench is of no concern to Nurse in the playoffs. He'll go down to what is effectively a 6-man rotation if he has to.

He did that in Game 3 of the Sixers series. Basically used starters + Ibaka. Fred, Norm & McCaw split 15 minutes between them.... and still almost lost the game.

Comment

Might not have been the best idea to make our entire bench unit all PF/C. Not sure what Masai and Bobby were thinking there.

Comment

Working...
                                X