Everything 2022-2023 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

i dunno how anyone who can look at the absolute tear they've been on since middleton came back and not conclude they're the favorites (22-6 with him in the lineup and 18-3 since he came back from his injury in late january). plus they have the league's best player, the better supporting cast and better coach in my opinion.

celtics have struggled a bit in the last two months (15-11) and don't look nearly as strong to me. haven't watched them a ton during this stretch but bill simmons has sounded apoplectic about the state of the team the few times 've heard him talk about them.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if the Celtics got upset second round. Bucks look like a freight train. Hard to see them losing to anyone in the east and the west champ is going to be beat up.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Celtics got upset second round. Bucks look like a freight train. Hard to see them losing to anyone in the east and the west champ is going to be beat up.
      agreed celtics could very well lose in round 2... would it even be categorized as an upset though if they lost to philly? philly is playing better right now, though i just never trust doc in the playoffs.

Comment

i dunno how anyone who can look at the absolute tear they've been on since middleton came back and not conclude they're the favorites (22-6 with him in the lineup and 18-3 since he came back from his injury in late january). plus they have the league's best player, the better supporting cast and better coach in my opinion.

celtics have struggled a bit in the last two months (15-11) and don't look nearly as strong to me. haven't watched them a ton during this stretch but bill simmons has sounded apoplectic about the state of the team the few times 've heard him talk about them.
        The Celtics demolished the Kings in Sacramento the other night. That was Robert Williams first game back. Celtics are a completely different team when he's healthy.

As for Philly, the Celtics aren't losing to the Sixers in round 2. Ain't no way that's going to happen.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The Celtics demolished the Kings in Sacramento the other night. That was Robert Williams first game back. Celtics are a completely different team when he's healthy.

As for Philly, the Celtics aren't losing to the Sixers in round 2. Ain't no way that's going to happen.
          i mean he should help but i don't think you can expect him to fix all their problems. they are 19-10 with williams this year and 31-13 without him, so their record has actually been better without him. the kings game was his first in a couple weeks but he was playing before that and they were still struggling, relatively.
          Last edited by chris; Fri Mar 24, 2023, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Celtics are a bit of a weird team. They struggled in the first half of last season. In the second half, they had a historic defense and basically dominated the league. This season, in the first half, they had a historic offense this time and are now once again struggling in the second half of the season.

Comment

• Who gets to the line more often, Tatum or Giannis. There's your answer

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
                Who gets to the line more often, Tatum or Giannis. There's your answer
                not sure why the side-eye or shade in this post. giannis gets to the line 12.5 times per game compared to 8.5 for tatum. both are top ten in the league.

49% of giannis' shots come from inside 3 feet while 14% come from 3. tatum takes 44% of his shots from 3 and 23% of his shots inside 3 feet.

i'd say both get the benefit of the doubt from the officials commensurate to their status in the league, and the disparity is due to their shot profiles

Comment

i mean he should help but i don't think you can expect him to fix all their problems. they are 19-10 with williams this year and 31-13 without him, so their record has actually been better without him. the kings game was his first in a couple weeks but he was playing before that and they were still struggling, relatively.
                  Great One really likes to make a huge deal out of a single game.

He was gushing over the Lakers beating Phoenix, conveniently leaving out that Phoenix was missing KD and Ayton. Phoenix without KD and Ayton is a straight up bad team.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Great One really likes to make a huge deal out of a single game.

He was gushing over the Lakers beating Phoenix, conveniently leaving out that Phoenix was missing KD and Ayton. Phoenix without KD and Ayton is a straight up bad team.
                    well t-rex has always been a man of hot takes. at least it keeps this place interesting cuz so many of them are bad

Comment

• Are we so confident about our back to back with Charlotte? They just beat Dallas with, and this is not a typo, starter Svi Mykhailiuk playing 36 minutes.

Comment

• Here’s proof

Comment

• And just in case you’re here for the boo Dallas talk rather than the wow Charlotte talk, ex Mav Dennis Smith Jr hit the dagger shot.

Comment

• damn its that serious?
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

damn its that serious?
                              Well they have Kyrie and Luka and have been consistently losing games.

Comment

• But but kyrie is sooo talented. How can this be possible?

Comment

Working...
                                X