Tracking record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking record

So there we are: 20-6, meaning a .500 record would be enough to tie the best record in franchise history, i.e. last year's 48-34.

Just thought I'd check when the XXth win of the season came, year by year. Impressive...

95-96: April 9th (76th game)
    96-97: Feb 25th (55th)
    97-98: never came
    98-99: April 19th (40th) --- lockout season, started on Feb 5th
    99-00: Jan 14th (36th)
    00-01: Jan 17th (39th)
    01-02: Jan 11th (36th)
    02-03: March 8th (59th)
    03-04: Jan 15th (37th)
    04-05: Feb 4th (47th)
    05-06: Feb 13th (52nd)
    06-07: Jan 22nd (42nd)
    07-08: Jan 13th (37th)
    08-09: Feb 10th (54th)
    09-10: Jan 15th (40th)
    10-11: March 20th (69th)
    11-12: April 4th (55th) --- lockout season, started on Dec 26th
    12-13: Feb 12th (52nd)
    13-14: Jan 17th (38th)
    14-15: Dec 17th (26th)

So a full month earlier than last year, which makes sense considering the before/after Gay trade thing we all know. But also at least 3 weeks and 10 games before any other season in history.

Now the goal should be to get the Phil Jackson's elite stamp: win 40 before losing 20. Is it achievable? Would mean the Raps would have to play 20-14 basketball between now and March 3rd.

By then, they'll play:

3x Pistons
    2x Knicks
    3x Sixers
    1x Celtics

These 9 games must be won. They might not be, but they should be. Let's aim at 9 wins.

They also play :

1x Nuggets
    1x Hornets
    2x Nets
    2x Bucks
    1x Pacers
    2x Pelicans

These 9 games are winnable too but they should drop some of them. Let's go for a 7-2 record.

That's already 16 wins. Just pick 4 among the remaining 16, and you're officially looking at an elite team!

thank you for this

Comment

Great post, but if Phil were evaluating the East today, he might have to adjust for the profound badness.

Still feels good though.

Comment

I'm starting to think that Phil's basketball acumen is starting to waver.

First, taking the Knicks job (seriously, why would anyone do that???), then hiring Fisher as coach (wow, c'mon man!), and then stubbornly employing the triangle offense using players too stupid to tie their own shoes (Geez Phil, like WTF???).

Comment

I read in the news that this Raptors team has already exceeded the full season records of 5 previous Raptors teams.

Kind of amazing that I have no really clear memory of how bad those other teams were. Of course, if I did I would have no recourse but accelerated drug therapy.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            I read in the news that this Raptors team has already exceeded the full season records of 5 previous Raptors teams.

Kind of amazing that I have no really clear memory of how bad those other teams were. Of course, if I did I would have no recourse but accelerated drug therapy.
            Naah, you read wrong. If they reach 25 they will indeed have exceeded 6 final season records. But standing at 20 wins, as you can see in the above data I pulled, only one Raptor team failed at reaching this mark (97-98).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'm starting to think that Phil's basketball acumen is starting to waver.

First, taking the Knicks job (seriously, why would anyone do that???), then hiring Fisher as coach (wow, c'mon man!), and then stubbornly employing the triangle offense using players too stupid to tie their own shoes (Geez Phil, like WTF???).
              Although the early evidence doesn't look good, you have to give him at least a couple of seasons. He's inheriting a terrible team and a terrible cap situation. We haven't seen how good he is at making trades or drafting. But his midas touch is looking like it might be in jeopardy.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                So there we are: 20-6, meaning a .500 record would be enough to tie the best record in franchise history, i.e. last year's 48-34.

1x Nuggets
                1x Hornets
                2x Nets
                2x Bucks
                1x Pacers
                2x Pelicans

These 9 games are winnable too but they should drop some of them. Let's go for a 7-2 record.
                Why so pesimistic? I'd take 8-1 (dropping one to Pelicans). This would mean 17 wins
                Raps in 4 !

Comment

Working...
                X