Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would fetch more in a trade IYO? (JV or Ross)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    There isn't a single GM in the league who would say no to JV? At least half would say no to Ross. If Ross is traded, Raptors will continue being a good team. If JV is traded, things won't be the same won't be the same.

    The player who helps take the next step is the player who replaces Ross or Amir in the starting line-up.
    Amir is so underrated by even our own fans. Sure hes had a slow year stats wise, but the little things which are actually not so little are still there. Unless we get a bona fide all star power forward, we could do serious damage to the team just dumping him
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • #62
      KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Amir is so underrated by even our own fans. Sure hes had a slow year stats wise, but the little things which are actually not so little are still there. Unless we get a bona fide all star power forward, we could do serious damage to the team just dumping him
      I agree with damage being done in dumping him, but with his health I don't think its unreasonable to replace him in the starting lineup. Be nice to have a pf at 100%, be really nice to have amir at 100%

      Comment


      • #63
        Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Well that completely depends on who we replace them with
        I completely agree. A player with more talent or potential could worsen the team due to not fitting in. Knowing Masai's ability to find pieces that fit, let's hope he finds the right one/s.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

        Comment


        • #64
          KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Amir is so underrated by even our own fans. Sure hes had a slow year stats wise, but the little things which are actually not so little are still there. Unless we get a bona fide all star power forward, we could do serious damage to the team just dumping him
          You're misunderstanding me. I'm a big Amir fan and would never like to see him leave. Notice, I said "starting line-up". The intangibles and "tangibles" that Amir brings are invaluable. However, he is not a double-double guy. Masai is not "star" oriented GM, so an above average player who can post up double-double's consistently, should suffice. For example, P Millsap although it's highly unlikely Atlanta would let him go.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

          Comment


          • #65
            Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
            You're misunderstanding me. I'm a big Amir fan and would never like to see him leave. Notice, I said "starting line-up". The intangibles and "tangibles" that Amir brings are invaluable. However, he is not a double-double guy. Masai is not "star" oriented GM, so an above average player who can post up double-double's consistently, should suffice. For example, P Millsap although it's highly unlikely Atlanta would let him go.
            I could argue that Amir is an above average player, and that Millsap is a 'star'.

            Comment


            • #66
              planetmars wrote: View Post
              I could argue that Amir is an above average player, and that Millsap is a 'star'.
              That's a matter of opinion but I think the so called "basketball people" consider Millsap an "above average" player and Amir average.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

              Comment


              • #67
                Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                That's a matter of opinion but I think the so called "basketball people" consider Millsap an "above average" player and Amir average.
                They're both above average when healthy....especially when you consider that Amir is our best defensive big....the game is not only about offense


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #68
                  Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                  That's a matter of opinion but I think the so called "basketball people" consider Millsap an "above average" player and Amir average.
                  Have to agree that "basketball people" who consider double-doubles the most meaningful bigs statistic would see things that way.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Hypothetical situation - Amir and Millsapp are free agents. 1) Who would be in more demand and 2) who would command more money?

                    Answer to both questions is Millsapp. He would be in MUCH MORE demand and he would command MUCH MORE money. If I'm right, he (Millsapp) was signed to 12 mil. a season last year. Amir I think, makes 6mil. this season and would make about the same when he becomes a free agent. There's a reason for this fact.

                    Again, don't get me wrong 'cause I love Amir.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I'm a massive Amir fan, and even think he can be a critical player on a championship team (particularly because he can defend most 5's). But I think the league is starting to clue in that Amir might be damaged goods. I haven't seen the guy jump or dunk in a while ...

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        RPM WAR has Millsap 13th in the league this year, 54th last year.
                        BRef VORP has Millsap 15th in the league this year, 25th last year.
                        I would say that's closer to "elite" than "above average"

                        RPM WAR has Amir 49th in the league this year, 23rd last year.
                        BRef VORP has Amir 45th in the league this year, 38th last year.
                        I would say that's closer to "well above average" than "average"

                        BC is correct though about the ankle issues. These may be, and certainly seem to be chronic. This will limit his next contract.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X