Hopefully the JV vs. drummond debate is over for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2kfeen wrote: View Post
    The real question is: whos a better fit on this Raptors squad?

We could have easily drafted Drummond, traded JV + spare parts for Harden and easily be a 55+ win team

For JV to be effective night in and night out, you have to run plays for him and get him involved. There are too many times where Casey rightfully yanked him because he was a no show, JV is inconsistent.

Drummond is light years ahead of JV on defense, both as a shotblocker and as someone who can make rotations against guards.
    He's a freak athlete, monster rebounder and can make plays from nothing.

He could easily put up better offensive numbers if Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings arent shitting bricks and if he doesnt have to play with an All-star caliber PF. JV is the only inside big man offensive option on this team (Amir is a garbage big man) and his stats still aren't that eyepopping.

How can you say the guy is Ben Wallace? Drummond has legitmiate size and unlike Wallace, Drummond isn't just a 1 dimensional shot blocker lol
    Ummmmmm are you insane?

Drummond light years ahead of JV on defense?

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I don't know if we'd ever see JV do something that stupid just for getting dunked on.
      Kinda started something here but not as dirty as Drummond. JV was during a box out but still...http://youtu.be/L1Jf2axmkzY

Comment

I'd still pick Drummond over JV lol

Comment

We could have easily drafted Drummond, traded JV + spare parts for Harden and easily be a 55+ win team

For JV to be effective night in and night out, you have to run plays for him and get him involved. There are too many times where Casey rightfully yanked him because he was a no show, JV is inconsistent.

Drummond is light years ahead of JV on defense, both as a shotblocker and as someone who can make rotations against guards.

He could easily put up better offensive numbers if Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings arent shitting bricks and if he doesnt have to play with an All-star caliber PF. JV is the only inside big man offensive option on this team (Amir is a garbage big man) and his stats still aren't that eyepopping.

How can you say the guy is Ben Wallace? Drummond has legitmiate size and unlike Wallace, Drummond isn't just a 1 dimensional shot blocker lol
          SAY WHAT? Please remind me to never take you seriously on these forums ever again.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
            SAY WHAT? Please remind me to never take you seriously on these forums ever again.
            Hes back! Best name on these boards lol
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Drummond is light years ahead of JV on defense
              Thanks for the laughs

Comment

idk even though Pistons as a whole are bad defensively cause of the fitting issues, u have to remember this

where drummond is crazily better in 1 on 1 situations defensively.

The Raptors are 104.5 when JV is off, 109.8 when he's on.

Pistons are 109.5 when Drummond is on, 106.2 when he's off. That's definately not as bad as JV. In fact, when you consider how Drummond plays mostly with Josh Smith @ SF and Jennings at PG, 2 terrible defensive players at their positions, then it makes sense that Drummond has a negative rating.

Drummond is a better weakside help defender, and is in the top standings of blocks.

Drummond may not be Mutombo right now, but give him a proper system and this guy is the second coming of Dwight.

Comment

Basketball is played 5 on 5. Drummond can play man to man because of his crazy length, strength and hops, but he doesn't have the IQ or awareness for team defense yet. He could certainly put it together. And JV is nowhere near perfect there himself. But for now, Drummond is a big part of why DET is one of the worst defensive teams in the league.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      I would say, this one fits better to describe it:
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I like Drummond's athleticism and the energy he brings to the plate. With Smith being waived, AD's minutes and numbers should go up. I can't get excited about JV's ponderous game on offense.

Comment

Drummond = DeAndre Jordan 2.0/Tyson Chandler lite

Jonas on a shitty team where he's the go to guy = Nikolai Vucevic

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                            Drummond = DeAndre Jordan 2.0/Tyson Chandler lite

Jonas on a shitty team where he's the go to guy = Nikolai Vucevic
                            Oh what else does your crystal ball tell you?

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Oh what else does your crystal ball tell you?
                              Jonas will still end up being the better player overall.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                                Jonas will still end up being the better player overall.
                                Oh

So who wins the championship this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X