AllStar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AllStar

FACT: If Raptors stay #1 Casey will coach the team.

If raptors stay #1 do you guys think we can have two Stars going in the ASG

I feel that Lowry is a LOCK this year. If DeRozan comes back playing like he did last year i believe that we can see 2 all stars because the NUMBER 1 seed usally has 2 or 3 all-stars.

If JV can average 16P/10R/2B (which i don't think he will) I think he will also get some votes and we might possibly see 3 All-stars

My Guess
    Lowry makes it, and Derozan gets left out because Rose and Irving get voted in
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Lou has a chance in DeRozans absence, he has obviously jumped into a fan favourite position and with his play, has quite possibly earned it. As for JV I have voted for him on each and every ballot... Usually Lowry, JV and alternating daily between Lou and Demar. Imagine what that opportunity would do for JVs confidence

Comment

the guard spot is too competitive. derozan barely made it as a reserve last year. this year hes missed a ton of games and before he went down, he wasn't even playing all that well.

the PG spot is also competitive but lowry is considered an actual starter on the all-star team.

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
      Lou has a chance in DeRozans absence, he has obviously jumped into a fan favourite position and with his play, has quite possibly earned it. As for JV I have voted for him on each and every ballot... Usually Lowry, JV and alternating daily between Lou and Demar. Imagine what that opportunity would do for JVs confidence

lou isn't even close to being an all-star. 'fan favourite' would have made amir an all-star but it doesn't work that way.

Comment

Rose? no way he makes the AS team this year. He's missed a lot of games and he's not even their 2nd best player, Gasol is. Butler and Gasol are 2 best players for the Bulls. And i expect both of them to make the AS team this year. I'm gonna puke if Rose makes the team this year.

As for DeRozan, can't see it. Voting ends on Jan 19th. TNT will announce the team i believe on the 22nd. DeRozan might not even be back by then.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          the guard spot is too competitive. derozan barely made it as a reserve last year. this year hes missed a ton of games and before he went down, he wasn't even playing all that well.

the PG spot is also competitive but lowry is considered an actual starter on the all-star team.

lou isn't even close to being an all-star. 'fan favourite' would have made amir an all-star but it doesn't work that way.
          Do fans votes only count for starters? Or does that contribute to the bench? I k own it's a long shot for Lou with the likes of Kyrie, j wall, teague & others but with Demar out I would definitely prefer placing my vote to Lou than any other guard basically in competition with Lowry

Comment

I feel like the potential #8 seed Miami heat will have 2 all stars while we have lowry barely make it with the coaches ultimately deciding him over joe penis.

It pisses me off thinking we can possibly have only one while leading the east while two guys who deserve to be there historically but shouldn't based on this year are there. But whatever, these games don't even matter
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I can see the coaches rewarding another Raptor though if the Raptors continues to play well. Who's the most consistent Raps this season after Lowry? Lou Williams??
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Toronto is a must for two all star players if they are still leading the east... Although if Butler does take DeRozans spot, we'll that's just a major amount of fuel for his internal fire.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  I feel like the potential #8 seed Miami heat will have 2 all stars while we have lowry barely make it with the coaches ultimately deciding him over joe penis.

It pisses me off thinking we can possibly have only one while leading the east while two guys who deserve to be there historically but shouldn't based on this year are there. But whatever, these games don't even matter
                  It's not that the game matters imo but what being selected can do for a players confidence and drive

Comment

Toronto is a must for two all star players if they are still leading the east... Although if Butler does take DeRozans spot, we'll that's just a major amount of fuel for his internal fire.
                    I'm one of the biggest DeRozan fan here. But Butler is the best SG in the East this year. Easily an all star.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Do fans votes only count for starters? Or does that contribute to the bench? I k own it's a long shot for Lou with the likes of Kyrie, j wall, teague & others but with Demar out I would definitely prefer placing my vote to Lou than any other guard basically in competition with Lowry
                      fans vote for starters (although obviously last year there had to be adjustments since idiots voted kobe in even though he was injured). reserves are determined by coaches.

you can vote for whoever of course, but voting for lou is just wasting your vote when it could just go to derozan, who at least has a better chance of making it.

Comment

Lou isnt getting in, When was the last time you saw a bench player become a All-star??????????

D.Rose is going to start because dumbass fans will vote him in
                        Abbas wrote:

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          fans vote for starters (although obviously last year there had to be adjustments since idiots voted kobe in even though he was injured). reserves are determined by coaches.

you can vote for whoever of course, but voting for lou is just wasting your vote when it could just go to derozan, who at least has a better chance of making it.
                          It's definitely been mostly to DeRozan, the mix of throwing in some Lou has been because he really is showing like he deserves it, he has been a huge pickup.

With what we have seen anybody think Lou / JV have a chance considering DeRozans injury? Even of just as reserves?

Comment

It's definitely been mostly to DeRozan, the mix of throwing in some Lou has been because he really is showing like he deserves it, he has been a huge pickup.

With what we have seen anybody think Lou / JV have a chance considering DeRozans injury? Even of just as reserves?
                            oh definitely! love the lou!

but JV and Lous chances are pretty much nil. JV would be higher on the list than lou, if that matters.

Comment

I always vote Lowry/DD/JV
                              the other 2 i just pick the first raptor i see
                              Abbas wrote:

Comment

Working...
                              X