Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many wins do we come up with on this daunting roadtrip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    I voted 6-0.

Here's why..... I have decided to vote using the consideration that so many make, that the NBA is NOT fixed.

Toronto has given no indication that they are anything but elite right now. There is no reason they can't take out Chicago to start it off..... Denver is not a big time team, so all things being equal they are there for the taking. You're already 2-0. GS is a good team, yeah, so was Memphis, so was Cleveland..... Toronto has proven they can hang with these teams totally, and GS is primed for a few losses anyhow.

The clippers are shitty.

Portland to me is the tough one, but I am gonna go ahead and expect a team win here and the Suns aren't any good.

There ya go.

6-0.

NOW. If my fear is correct..... the NBA will certainly be sure to kill any chance toronto has in Chicago, GS, and LA. Straight up, no chance. Even if they are outplaying the shit out of these teams, quick whistles will kill any momentum.... see last game against Cleveland when the refs completely killed toronto with 7-8 early 4th calls. And this is the NBA I believe exists. They will crush the Raps and push an agenda of "weak schedule", and "they had a good run, but arent quite ready" and people will drink it up This 1-5

Ranking dips to 22

Toronto is shit upon again.

With hindsight this looks to be a solid post.

Comment

Still think they can go 4-2.. I believed one of Chicago/Portland would be a loss with the other a win. LAC has been playing terribly. Denver is bad. Phoenix isn't as good as they were last year. Sure they are road games but Raptors have had good success on the road.

The GSW game will be fun. I am hoping for a win of course but not expecting it. Kind of like how we played against OKC last year. We lost that game (thanks Salmons).. but it was almost a win. That's what I'm assuming will happen against the Warriors. Basically a close loss.

Comment

Toronto has an easier time usually with guards then big wings. The West is lousy with guards. Lowry and Ross handle guard play really well. Few Western teams have big forwards. JV, JJ could play a huge role. However Casey really doesn't exploit mismatches and if he continues to close games with our guards its going to be a tough trip since Western teams are built to stop guards.

Comment

avocado wrote: View Post
          With hindsight this looks to be a solid post.
          Bet BIG $$$$$$ against Toronto if you believe the conspiracy theory. At least you'll be rich while the rest of us wallow in misery.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3-3
            Loses: Bulls, GSW, Portland
            Wins: LAC, Denver, Phoenix
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

[QUOTE=Superjudge;401567

NOW. If my fear is correct..... the NBA will certainly be sure to kill any chance toronto has in Chicago, GS, and LA. Straight up, no chance. Even if they are outplaying the shit out of these teams, quick whistles will kill any momentum.... see last game against Cleveland when the refs completely killed toronto with 7-8 early 4th calls. And this is the NBA I believe exists. They will crush the Raps and push an agenda of "weak schedule", and "they had a good run, but arent quite ready" and people will drink it up This 1-5

Ranking dips to 22

Toronto is shit upon again.

[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding we have someone who gets it.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                3-3
                I was worried about this one but yeah maybe!!
                Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Im excited for the Portland game, Lowry vs. Lillard should be a showdown

Comment

jonnywalker wrote: View Post
                    Im excited for the Portland game, Lowry vs. Lillard should be a showdown
                    And no derozan to bounce the game winner off his knee this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I cast the first vote and said 3-3 would be more than acceptable.

We can still get there with a win in Phoenix tomorrow. We have held on to first place in the Eastern Conference until last night.

DeRozan is about to return. We have held up admirably. I would like to get that W tomorrow!!
                      Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Yep, hope they come out mad after the GSW loss and take PHX. 3-3 really would be good.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          3-3
                          5 out of 5 so far. Hope you are right re Phoenix game.

Comment

Phoenix is a chucker team, so they have a chance at beating us. Hopefully we pound them into oblivion, but those guys all chuck 3's so even a 20 point lead will be meaningless if they get hot and Lou Vasquez decide to go against them shot for shot.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                              Phoenix is a chucker team, so they have a chance at beating us. Hopefully we pound them into oblivion, but those guys all chuck 3's so even a 20 point lead will be meaningless if they get hot and Lou Vasquez decide to go against them shot for shot.
                              Typically we have trouble in these type of games. I would like to see us be consistently up on shooters on the 3 point line.

Comment

Working...
                              X