Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps are not top of the East anymore

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...as-easts-best/

We knew we could not hold 1st in the East that long.

Kudos to the now clean-birds, not dirty birds Atlanta Hawks. Their talent might not be as abundant as the Raps and none of their players are injured. Their 7 game near upset against the Pacers was not a fluke. They flushed out front office members and owners who are from the KKK (no no no I kid, but Ferry had bad experiences with Africans when Masai and L. Deng screwed him on the same day).

Al Horford does not have a ruined titty to deal with, Herr-Schroder is now ready to be the 6th man, Mack is another capable guard, Brand is not in a senior home yet, Teague is consistent, Millsap is beastly, Carrol can go off and always defend, Sefolosha has great BBall IQ, Antic is always tough and useful at 7'0" and 250 lbs+, Mike Scott slaps ponies, and Korver is always scary beyond 3.

This team from the beginning of the season is our equal, believe it or not.

Another key thing this team has is locker rooms that feel like this:

And subtle fan support like this:

Why the hell does Phillips Arena is so Goddam empty all the time?

Wait...we are still best in the East. 22-7, Hawks 21-7....

These are again just power rankings.

Comment

Raps are not top of the East anymore

What do you mean none are injured? Hello Jeff Teague. Missed some huge games. Hawks still kept winning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Raps are still 1/2 game up.. Atlanta has a great coach.. that's basically what it comes down to. Atlanta moves the ball very well. Spurs-like.. and they have confidence.. a lot of confidence.

The problem with the Hawks is that they don't have a star.. so in the playoffs, despite their record, I think it will be a challenge for them to get to the 2nd or 3rd rounds.. similar to the Raptors.

Comment

Didn't we beat the Hawks twice already this season? Head to head I like our chances..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
            Didn't we beat the Hawks twice already this season? Head to head I like our chances..

Something happened in Hawks' Thanksgiving Day dinner.

We yet to play "New Hawks". They look really good.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Something happened in Hawks' Thanksgiving Day dinner.

We yet to play "New Hawks". They look really good.
              Same with the "new cavs". We beat the old cavs (like every other team did). Then we got smoked twice in a row by the new cavs.

Comment

I know it's kind of hypocritical of me to say due to my criticism of DD, but simply judging by the way the NBA works.. Without DD we are a different team. We need a clear all star in order to finish games against good opponents. Demar is GREAT at getting to the free throw line, he argues with the refs constantly and benefits from all star foul calls at times. I don't even count our loses to the bulls and cavillers because he wasn't there.
                But I also agree both the hawks and raptors need another all star to being their team to the next playoff level.
                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

A game up in the loss column plus any tie breaker.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    Same with the "new cavs". We beat the old cavs (like every other team did). Then we got smoked twice in a row by the new cavs.
                    DD was out both games we lost to the "new Cavs"....

Comment

I like the hawks and their fans. Too bad there aren't more of them.

Caw caw!

Comment

Atlanta is a good team,too bad barkly is dismissing the latest streak as an aberration I think the top rap, cavs, bulls, wiz and hawks will be a dog fight luckly our division is so easy to defend.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                          DD was out both games we lost to the "new Cavs"....

if zainab is right, lets hope he comes back for at least part of the west road trip.

Comment

Im 'bout to turn this into a #FuckHawks moment.

Comment

Raps are not top of the East anymore

Around 58 minutes, Zach Lowe gives raptors some love. Both agree that Bulls are best in the east though.

Comment

Working...
                              X