No announcement yet.

What is our style of play or identity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptors are an average team that relies on chemistry. They're at their best when they work/play hard, play with energy on both ends of the floor.

When they play lackadaisical basketball they could lose to ANYBODY. A couple of weeks ago vs the Pelicans they played like they didn't give a shit and they lost. Same thing happened vs New York and Charlotte. It's all about playing hard.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Raptors are an average team that relies on chemistry. They're at their best when they work/play hard, play with energy on both ends of the floor.

When they play lackadaisical basketball they could lose to ANYBODY. A couple of weeks ago vs the Pelicans they played like they didn't give a shit and they lost. Same thing happened vs New York and Charlotte. It's all about playing hard.
      Raptor play poor team defense and take poor shots. Those are the opposite of what good team chemistry is

Comment

That shows that they get too full of themselves when they play against teams they know they are better than.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
          That shows that they get too full of themselves when they play against teams they know they are better than.
          Exactly.

The Pelicans game still pisses me off because Lowry and DD and Lou and GV just chucked dumb shots after dumb shots. Like they're on a playground. It was incredible to watch.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Exactly.

The Pelicans game still pisses me off because Lowry and DD and Lou and GV just chucked dumb shots after dumb shots. Like they're on a playground. It was incredible to watch.
            They look like they are becoming Isiah's Knicks 2.0

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Are you seriously trying to say that dribbling around the perimeter and then pump faking before shooting is harder than driving the lane, cutting hard and setting screens (you know, a real offence)?
              No, not harder. Both are hard in my opinion which, to me, dissolves the lazy argument. No question that playing sound O n D is harder than jump shooting, but they both require hard work. So if they are willing to put in work shooting countless long 2s/ contested 3s, I would assume that laziness is not involved in working a little harder.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                What IS our style of play? Slow paced team jacking up transition threes and the only one to grab those bricks plays less than half the game. I don't think anyone actually knows what the hell we're doing.
                I agree wholeheartedly

Comment

One way or another, their true colours will show in the playoffs but with 19 regular season games to go, now is a reasonable time to wonder, who are these guys, really?

http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-searching-...lapse-1.226616

Nooooooo.

These reporters don't hang around forums.

Poor rightsideup didn't even get a credit or footnote.

Shame on you, Josh. Shame.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Nooooooo.

These reporters don't hang around forums.

Poor rightsideup didn't even get a credit or footnote.

Shame on you, Josh. Shame.
                    Dwane Casey with more sound strategy:

"One [good] game will get our mojo back, get this monkey off our back," Casey said. "We just have to get through this stretch, this bad patch and get ready for the last 19 games we have."
                    Keep pounding the rock. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Dwane Casey with more sound strategy:

Keep pounding the rock. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
                      Casey is delusional, he called this a bad "stretch". This team has been 14-18 for the last 2+ months since the 24-7 start.
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I think we're talking about 2 different definitions of "hard" (sexual innuendo notwithstanding).

The contested shots are "hard" in that they are difficult to succeed. But they don't require a lot of work to accomplish, making them easy to unleash. They're not "hard" shots to take.
                        Yeah, there definitely is a division on the concept of what we are talking about.

Since most defences can read the stat sheets on our shooting percentages, I'm sure most teams are content to let our guys chuck shot after shot. Driving the rim would be the most exertion which why we don't do it.

Lazy.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          ...It's not like DD & Lowry etc... are just tossing up random bricks with no hope of going in...
                          Oftentimes it feels like this is exactly what they're doing, lol.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Oftentimes it feels like this is exactly what they're doing, lol.
                            LOL. You win.

Comment

Working...
                            X