Game #18 Nets @ Raptors ; Wed, Nov. 23rd at 7:30 on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote: View Post

Not enough posters here talking about this. A lot of people were hating on his addition and I was one of the few who liked it. Dude has been playing great here. Solid vet who can give you whatever you need that night off the bench.
    Be kind to the one who initially started his own thread

he is this season surprise and definitely deserves the playing time over trash Birch

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

No, you just said OG was "really good" but he wasn't. He was good offensively on a night where it would have been difficult as the primary target but we needed more and he didn't deliver. Defensively, hius line included 5 turnovers so hard to call that very good either. It's splitiing hairs and I understand where it comes from but your perspective was different than mine; OG didn't have a "very good" night. Wasn't horrible either.

And I find it hard to praise Boucher based on energy when that's all he brought, 2 for 15(!) enough said.

Overall, it's just a game you turn the page on.
      Are we under the impression that turnovers is a defensive stat? I thought OG was very good. You are of course free to disagree!

When no one else brings much in way of energy, I think it's worth pointing out. But again, you can feel free to disagree!
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Missed the game, but with our top 3 playmakers (Fred, Siakam, Barnes) out of the lineup, I would have started Flynn AND Dowtin together, and try to survive the bench minutes somehow. Our offensive system is based upon freelance read & react, which relies on at least 2 natural ball-handlers to be successful.

Even with Fred, he is rarely (never) the sole playmaker/creator in the starting unit. It's only when he's trying to prop up bench units.... where the results aren't that great. Not sure why we'd put Flynn in the spot of sole creator, with the weakest supporting cast of the year.
        I think we were probably toast on that front regardless, but your suggestion isn't a bad one.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

The Raptors system is not ‘plug and play.’ If anything, it’s the exact opposite. In fact, it’s extremely difficult to even find guys who fit at all without particular physical profiles, let alone skill sets.
          Plug and play among our roster of long guys, athletic guys with do it all skills. The whole idea was that all guys can participate equally-ish in the system, but becoming clear that is not the case...yet. Maybe it's just due to lack of development or maybe it's just really difficult to put together a stable of players that can do that. You can start to draw some theories on how sustainable the defense is with the ever growing sample of games with injured starters.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

There are some things you can take away from these types of games though. We've been in a stretch of games now where we are missing one or two of our starters ever since Siakam went down. I'm not sure what our record is during that time but we're not executing the system all that well, on defense at least. The system was supposed to be plug and play but is not exactly proving to be the case.
            I don't think the system is plug and play at all. You need a bunch of high end defenders on every part of the floor. Take out most of our starters and you quickly run out of bodies who can hang in the system very well at all, let alone against opposing starters instead of against opposing bench units.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I don't think the system is plug and play at all. You need a bunch of high end defenders on every part of the floor. Take out most of our starters and you quickly run out of bodies who can hang in the system very well at all, let alone against opposing starters instead of against opposing bench units.
              Why are we stockpiling 6-9' guys if not to plug them into the system when someone is down?

Comment

Why are we stockpiling 6-9' guys if not to plug them into the system when someone is down?
                We are. When one guy goes down. Not when we are missing 5 rotation pieces.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Are we under the impression that turnovers is a defensive stat? I thought OG was very good. You are of course free to disagree!

When no one else brings much in way of energy, I think it's worth pointing out. But again, you can feel free to disagree!
                  Thanks. And here I was questioning whether I had the right to a different opinion

Comment

Plug and play among our roster of long guys, athletic guys with do it all skills. The whole idea was that all guys can participate equally-ish in the system, but becoming clear that is not the case...yet. Maybe it's just due to lack of development or maybe it's just really difficult to put together a stable of players that can do that. You can start to draw some theories on how sustainable the defense is with the ever growing sample of games with injured starters.
                    I think that's confusing some different concepts. Raps like a certain player type to fit a certain scheme but not sure that equals a system where all players can just slot into various roles.

Comment

This game only proved one thing, that I'm glad Philly doesn't have Simmons any more, he distrupted so much in that game.

Imagine a defensive lineup of koloko, ananoby, barnes, siakam and Simmons........

Comment

Working...
                      X