Raptors Inside Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Inside Game

Could have waited for the Game time thread, since I grabbed this off the GSW Game Preview, but they wrote "According to NBA.com/Stats, Lowry is fifth in the NBA in points per game on drives at 6.8. On top of that, Toronto ranks sixth in the NBA with 45.3 points in the paint per game via Team Rankings."

I find that pretty interesting considering DD has been out and it seems all we have heard for the last couple of years is how the Raps need and inside game. Obviously Lowry and GV are a big part of that. But Amir has been pretty steady and JV in particular has stepped up his inside game, grabbing a lot of offensive rebounds for put backs. And most of JJ's points are from the paint area. And Ross seems to have started going inside a bit with those little floaters. But still, 45.3 ppg is outstanding for this team, I would have thought, considering where they were last year.

Those extra shots which were freed up in DeRozan's absence had to go somewhere. Glad to see JV is one of the main recipients of this.

Comment

I always felt most of any "inside game" musings/criticisms were because of defensive shortcomings....rim protection and rebounding not offense. Of course there used to be personal critiques of DD's game (he needs to drive more etc) but he seems to have put that to bed. The positive is that any defensive shortcomings is due to physical inadequacies not unwillingness (aka the pussy syndrome).

Comment

Our inside game is pretty much going to have to be the key to winning today's game. We can't get caught in another shootout with one of the leagues best. They will gun till their arms fall off, we gotta take it inside where they're weak(er) and make them take it inside on us. I think we did a great job vs the Clippers re: taking away their game. We gave Blake Griffin open midrange shots which took away his post up/paint work. We have to plan similarly (not do the same thing, but make them play to their weakness).
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Does anyone know if Landry is going to be able to play tonight. We are going to need as many good defenders tonight as we can get.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

As you have probably already seen, he will be evaluated again tonight, but looks good to go.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
              Our inside game is pretty much going to have to be the key to winning today's game. We can't get caught in another shootout with one of the leagues best...
              Going to have to grab the long rebounds so GSW don't get second chance opportunities from the 3 pt line.

Comment

I love that JV wants nothing to do with a jumpshot, develop your bread and butter. He's gotta work harder to run out ahead and get better positioning.

Comment

Working...
                X